PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. BARBARO

cueball1950
01-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Rest in peace Barbaro. You gave it your all big fella. You gave a brave fight right to the end. You will be missed my many a horse player and i am sure that alot of tears have been shed for you. I know i have shed some tears. So get some rest and live in peace in the here after............mike

Gayle in MD
01-30-2007, 05:37 AM
Dear Mike...I cried too. I hope they weren't being cruel in the long run, keeping him alive, just for his stud value.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wolfdancer
01-30-2007, 08:37 AM
"Adieu, mes amis. Je vais la gloire!! " ....(Barbaro)

Why do you think they are keeping me alive?????

dg-in-centralpa
01-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Gayle, like many a sports reporter has said, "If this were a $10,000 claiming horse, he would have been put down right there on the track." IMHO, he was kept alive for stud value and no other purpose but that.

DG

Gayle in MD
01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree, and the owners ought to be shot too, IMO. Why put an animal through all that pain? Greed?
Gayle in Md.

DeadCrab
02-01-2007, 08:09 AM
I've been a horseplayer for 30 years, but have recently fallen away from the game. I just think it is too hard on the horses. It isn't just Barbaro. The breakdown rate at many tracks is far too high. Young horses are being raised on anabolic steroids, anti-inflammatory steroids, clenbuterol, and epogen (all except the last are legal). Some of the most respected trainers resort to practices such as "nerving" without apology.

Regardless of how you feel about his owners, Barbaro was a fine thoroughbred who fought bravely throughout his ordeal. Hopefully his experience will raise the consciousness of how horses are treated at all levels of the sport.

Gayle in MD
02-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Bravo! You are so right. Horse racing needs much more scrutiny from the Animal Rights groups. What they are doing to our horses is a crime. I can't believe our Government doesn't stop the wholesale animal abuse of hauling horses jammed in trailors for days, with no water or food, to meat packing companies to be slaughtered for horse meat. It's just another case of anything and everything that's inhumane, and evil, for the sake of a dollar. Heartbreaking.

Gayle in Md.