PDA

View Full Version : Removing dents from cue

Yoda
01-30-2007, 08:00 AM
I have read previous posts about how to remove dents from a cue. Applying steam in the precise area of the dent seemed the best solution. The following procdure will allow you to get the steam in just the area of the dent without raising the grain in a large area around the dent. Also does not require the use of a hot iron, which can be hard to use without chance of burning yourself in the process.
Take a cue tip - the kind you use to clean your ears. I prefer the kind with the cardboard body, not the plastic ones. The plastic ones get too hot to handle. Dip one end in water and then place in microwave oven for about 30 sec. You want to get the tip a hot as possible yet still be able to handle the thing. While still hot, place the wet end right on the dent and hold for 20 sec or so. Slowly move the wet tip over the dent and about 1/8 inch above and below the dent.
Dry the cue and check to see if dent has been raised. It usually takes two applications using above procedure to remove the dents I have encountered.
When dent is removed, burnish cue shaft.

irunrax
01-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks. That worked well. I had a ding towards the joint, but out of my stroke range, that bugged me for some time now. Its gone now, thanks again.

SteveFromNY
01-31-2007, 11:49 AM
very interesting. I'll try that out t one of my old shafts first.

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/images/smilies/woot.gif