PDA

View Full Version : 9- BALL

bataisbest
01-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Can anyone please explain what they mean when they say" I'll spot you the 6-ball and I can still beat you". Does that mean that you don't have to shoot at the six ball when it comes up in rotation or can you just start shooting from the 6 - 9 ball thus giving you the advantage that way? Please explain. Thanks alot

bradb
01-30-2007, 06:29 PM
It usually means you only have to run to the 6 ball, the other guy has to get to the nine. Before you start make sure its understood that if you sink the 6 on the break or on a combo its a win also. If he runs the balls past the six but misses you win on anything left you pot.

Ace
01-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Giving someone (usually a lesser player)the 6 is a way of handycapping a 9-ball game. The lesser player still has to hit balls in rotation starting with the smallest numerical ball on the table. The lesser player could now win a game by pocketing either the 6 or 9. If the 6 is wild, he could win on the snap (break).

PS: Bata is the best in my book!

bradb
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Yes, I forgot about that, you can win on an early nine also. Some players will not give anything but the nine past the six and some will, it depends on the level of the players and the wager.