PDA

View Full Version : 1095 days and counting

cueball1950
02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
well i am proud of myself. I never thought i would ever make it. 3 years tomorrow was the last day i smoked a cigarette....Do i feel better. Somewhat. But what i find amazing is that in the beginning it was not hard to do. From 3 packs a day to none. But yet, it seems harder today than back then... oh well....hooray for me.../ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif...mike

dg-in-centralpa
02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Congratulations Mike! Your lungs will appreciate it. It is not easy to give something up like this. In time it will get easier.

DG

Rich R.
02-02-2007, 06:33 AM
Congrats Mike and keep up the good work.

I lost track of how many days it has been for me, but I can safely say it has been a few more days than you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Every once in a While, I still get the urge, but I just remember that I am a "non-smoker".

Please remember, there is no sense in starting to smoke again. After all, most of the pool rooms are now going non-smoking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bsmutz
02-02-2007, 05:45 PM
Congratulations to you. I am on day 3 and counting. I used an illness to launch my quitting. I made it for a year once and I agree, it does seem to be harder to some degree the farther out you get. I'm not looking forward to the first time family comes around and we knock back a few beers together. My son, daughter, and older brother and sister smoke. A little impaired judgement makes "just one" that much more tempting.

SPetty
02-03-2007, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> well i am proud of myself. I never thought i would ever make it. 3 years tomorrow was the last day i smoked a cigarette....Do i feel better. Somewhat. But what i find amazing is that in the beginning it was not hard to do. From 3 packs a day to none. But yet, it seems harder today than back then... oh well....hooray for me.../ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif...mike <hr /></blockquote>You have every right to be proud of yourself. I am proud of you too. You experienced it the same way I did. I always suggest to folks that are quitting to go ahead and go to the pool room or drink that beer or whatever it is that they think they'll never be able to do without smoking - right away when you first quit. That's when your resolve is strongest and it's easy to learn that you CAN do those things without smoking. I don't think it's harder to not smoke now, but you're simply surprised that the cravings are still there. I remember it was a good seven years after I quit when I was feeling (insert emotion here) and I actually reached over to where I used to keep my cigarettes next to me on the couch!!! Physically reached for the cigarettes I hadn't smoked in seven years!!! Too weird. But now for you it is a choice that you will make if you ever choose to smoke again. You're too smart for that you non-smoker you! Congratulations!