PDA

View Full Version : new golf rules...

wolfdancer
02-02-2007, 09:22 PM
for seniors:

The AARP has negotiated with the USGA to modify the Rules of Golf for seniors.

Rule 1.a.5
A ball sliced or hooked into the rough shall be lifted and placed on the
fairway at a point equal to the distance it carried or rolled into the
rough with no penalty. The senior should not be penalized for tall grass which
groundskeepers failed to mow.

Rule 2.d.6 (b)
A ball hitting a tree shall be deemed not to have hit the tree.
This is simply bad luck and luck has no place in a scientific game. The
senior player must estimate the distance the ball would have traveled if it had
not hit the tree and play the ball from there.

Rule 3.b.3 (g)
There shall be no such thing as a lost ball. The missing ball is on or near
the course and will eventually be found and pocketed by someone else,
making it a stolen ball. The player is not to compound the felony by
charging himself or herself with a penalty.

Rule 4.c.7 (h)
If a putt passes over a hole without dropping, it is deemed to have
dropped.
The law of gravity supersedes the Rules of Golf.

Rule 5.
Putts that stop close enough to the cup that they could be blown in, may be
blown in. This does not apply to balls more than three inches from the
hole. No one wants to make a travesty of the game.

& gt;> Rule 6.a.9 (k)
There is no penalty for so-called "out of bounds." If penny-pinching golf
course owners bought sufficient land, this would not occur. The senior
golfer deserves an apology, not a penalty.

Rule 7.g.15 (z)
There is no penalty for a ball in a water hazard, as golf balls
should float. Senior golfers should not be penalized for manufacturers'
shortcomings.

Rule 8.k.9(s)
Advertisements claim that golf scores can be improved by
purchasing new golf equipment. Since this is financially impracticable for many senior
golfers, one-half stroke per hole may be subtracted for using old equipment.

Please advise all your senior friends of these important rule changes.

cushioncrawler
02-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Funny. It remindz me that.....
1... The hole shood be 6". Much fairer, especially on rough greenz. And, the flag could then live in the hole, ie zero "tending the pin", ie less footprints near the hole, and less time wasting. A number of tournaments have been played with a 6" hole, but it never took off.
2... There shoodnt be a one stroke penalty for a lost ball. U shood just go back and play another, with zero penalty.
3... After 2 putts, u shood just pick your ball up, and count it as 3 putts. This would save time and trouble and minimise the footprints near the hole.
4... Balls that float in water are (would be) legal, even today. In the depression, theze light ballz were very popular. I might uze one when near water. madMac.

wolfdancer
02-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I once played Golf in that penal colony you live in.....they didn't even use real balls, instead some miniaturized version of a golf ball, that the pommy's had forced on them

Deeman3
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Wolfdancer,

Anyone who has played with me lately knows I adopted these rules years ago. I'm just glad to have someone make them official.

DeeMan

wolfdancer
02-05-2007, 12:07 PM
LOL !!!!

cushioncrawler
02-05-2007, 05:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I once played Golf in that penal colony you live in.....they didn't even use real balls, instead some miniaturized version of a golf ball, that the pommy's had forced on them <hr /></blockquote> Yes, the small ball had its good points i guess. It made the hole looked bigger. It probably dropped more eezyly when the pin was still in the hole, ie for chip shots and bunker shots. It drilled into a cold headwind. And i think that the small english ball is still legal -- i had a bucket full of them, but last time i looked i had a bucket full of split casings and lots of old rubber bands.

Hey, i said "bunker", but i think u guys call them "traps" -- traps sounds good to me -- in Oz we all call them bunkers, but i reckon that the original golf bunker was actually just a mound of dirt in the middle of the fairway, sort of like the mounds used to protect bomb storages -- perhaps these were then later used in combination with some sand -- and now the term is used even when there is zero mound -- Hmmmmmm.

And the poms wouldnt have had to make a penal colony over here if it werent for that silly looking civil war that u guys had in about 1775 or something. And my mom n dad wouldnt have had to come over here if it werent for that silly Hitler. madMac.

pooltchr
02-06-2007, 06:33 AM
I guess I need to start playing golf again. With the new rules, I might actually break 100! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Steve

Qtec
02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
My favourite golf joke.

wolf- Hey Q, what did you shoot today?
Q- 142
W-142!!!!! How did you mange to do that?
Q- I missed a 3 footer on the 18th.

LOL

Q