PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Aaron Table?

BraveNerd
02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I just bought a real wood 8' table made by Thomas Aaron for my house, to be delivered Wednesday, I am 17 and this is my first table. I've been saving for a long while for a table and I've read about a few different brands.

I finally saved up $2000 and thought I would go down to my local billiards shop and take a look at what they have.

Well, the man selling the tables showed me them and explained a lot, and they had two brands there - I believe the first was AMF and the other was Thomas Aaron, TA looked to be a lot nicer than AMF from an uneducated standpoint. He had a model that just went out of production but had nothing wrong with it there, and it was on sale for that reason at $1800, the model is called the Deerfield.

I'm wondering what you guys think of the brand, model, and price?

I'll be checking back for replies consistently.

Thanks in advance everyone,
Alex

mantis
02-03-2007, 10:07 PM
I have never personally heard of this brand before.

mantis
02-03-2007, 10:12 PM
At least they are american made. The web site shows some nice looking tables. Unfortunately, I do not know much about them beyond that.

wannabeplayer
02-04-2007, 07:23 AM
what i do know about thomas aaron pool tables is that they are made in china. The one web sight i saw TA tables on (rec room) is a little misleading. You get a lot for the money in terms of look ( if american made it would cost almost double) but im not sure on over all play. if you are happy with your purchase then dont worry about a thing. if you are not sure about your purchase then i suggest you shop around and here all the stories and go with your gut.

Snapshot9
02-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Go here for a look see: Thomas Aaron Pool Tables (http://www.thomasaaronbilliards.com/index.htm)

I sure like the way some of them look, sort of an elegant traditional look which I lean towards. I looked at the construction and detail pages of the website. Seems good.
You Deerfield table is nice looking, and if it plays good, you should really enjoy it.

It would be interesting to get a little feedback from someone that has played on one. The main office is in Florida.

SPetty
02-04-2007, 12:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BraveNerd:</font><hr> I just bought a real wood 8' table made by Thomas Aaron for my house, to be delivered Wednesday, I am 17 and this is my first table.<hr /></blockquote>I think you will love your new table, and I'm sure it was a fine choice. I hope you enjoy it and play on it often.

BraveNerd
02-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone, I think I'm going to stick with the table and hope for the best.

One more question, what thickness of slate should I be getting? Is 3/4" good?

JimS
02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
3/4" is ok. 1" is good.