PDA

View Full Version : I dimpled the top rail - dropped a ball on it!

GKH
02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
'Guess this can be filed under, 'Wear and Tear'. It's small. But; I would like to get it back to where it was. Anyone ever mess with things like this on their table (little repairs)? Or; just leave it? 'Makes me mad! I can tell you that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Probably; it won't be seen by many. But; I know it's there.

canadan
02-04-2007, 12:14 PM
put a bandaid over it

Cueless Joey
02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
You can sand the finish.
Then wet that spot and let the wood expand.
Then sand it then finish it.
Worth the trouble?
Or you can buy a Gold Crown.

GKH
02-04-2007, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> You can sand the finish.
Then wet that spot and let the wood expand.
Then sand it then finish it.
Worth the trouble?
Or you can buy a Gold Crown. <hr /></blockquote>

Gold Crown? /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

SPetty
02-04-2007, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote canadan:</font><hr> put a bandaid over it<hr /></blockquote>Have you ever seen where guys will take a bar stool and turn it over and use it to hold their team's cues? The team we were playing against did that, and I was playing on "their" table, so since it was my break, I asked if I could put my break cue in with their cues until the game was over. Yeah, sure, no problem.

Until the LOSER on their team lost his game against my teammate over on "our" table, and came back to where the cues were and SLAMMED his cue back into the pile of cues in the upside down bar stool.

Hit my cue on the way down. Put a huge gash in the cue. I was unhappy.

I put a bandaid over it and played with it like that for years, until I replaced the break cue with a different break cue.

To the original poster - leave it alone. Pool tables are meant to be used, and they may get nicks and bumps over time. Shows character.

Jal
02-04-2007, 02:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GKH:</font><hr> 'Guess this can be filed under, 'Wear and Tear'. It's small. But; I would like to get it back to where it was. Anyone ever mess with things like this on their table (little repairs)? Or; just leave it? 'Makes me mad! I can tell you that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Probably; it won't be seen by many. But; I know it's there. <hr /></blockquote>Glue a cube of chalk over the spot - it will look quite natural. You can then hold your cue upside down to lather it up and your hands will stay perfectly clean. Avoid positioning the cueball near this rail.

Or drill it out and add an extra diamond to your table. Your friends will spend countless hours arguing over its purpose.

Along the lines of Cueless Joey, maybe a furniture shop can help. If it's not too deep, they can do wonders with french polish. If it is deep, you could cut it out (neatly with ruler and exacto knife) and inlay a piece of similar wood, perhaps taken from somewhere underneath the rail. Matching the finish could be a problem.

Maybe the place where you bought it hires someone to do just this sort of thing.

Jim...sorry about the first two

JimS
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
I think you leave it, remember what happened and remember how for it to not happen again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif