PDA

View Full Version : Souper Bowl, with crackers.......

Deeman3
02-05-2007, 09:44 AM
I don’t watch much TV beyond CBS News (I think she’s doing a pretty good job) O’Reily, The Daily Report, House, Dexter and anything on History or Science/Discovery Channels. I have not watched a televised professional football game since 1989.

I just got rid of my old big screen TV’s and went to 42” HD Plazmas so I decided to watch the Super Bowl last night.

My Observations:

Why did anyone not tell me the Colts had moved from Baltimore to Indiana? This was embarrassing…

The Bears should lobby for Velcro covered footballs.

What is the point in having HDTV if they don’t spend a single second of shots of the cheerleaders?

When, oh when, will we finally be able to celebrate the first openly gay twin brother head football coaches in the Super Bowl?

Does the Chicago quarterback have some kind of homophobic thing going on with his center? He did not seem interested in keeping his hands in the right position to take the snap.

Is Prince the best they could do at halftime? I mean, was Perry Como or K-Fed just too busy? And who was that puffy he/she that was running around on stage while he was performing? I thought it was a streaker of something until the/she produced a microphone!

I loved the Budweiser Dog on the Fire truck commercial best.

Who designed the uniforms of both teams? As much as I hate to admit it, we could use those “Queer Eye for the Straight Guys” to add a little class to both teams duds.

Just how much did those fireworks add to the global warming problem?

Given the overall nature of things, if I had to settle for testicles the size or raisins but still have the physiques of most of those players, I guess I’d take testosterone myself.

The Bears offensive linemen were, on average, as big as an ox but twice as smart.

Given the history of Super Bowl blowouts, this was a fairly interesting game for three quarters. It does beg the ACLU question, when will we have two women coach NFL Superbowl teams?

What did you, my esteemed internet experts, think of the game and the foreplay.

DeeMan

wolfdancer
02-05-2007, 10:37 AM
So you watched the game with some friends from the northern states? I had no idea about this tie-in of football and sex. Maybe the telecast should have an X-rating.....
Like Sylvia Brown though, I once made a prediction.....after seeing Prince perform the first time, some years ago....I figured his career would end shortly, as soon as folks realised it wasn't a comedy impression of Michael Jackson, and he'd end up going to hair dresser's school..

pooltchr
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>
My Observations:

Why did anyone not tell me the Colts had moved from Baltimore to Indiana? This was embarrassing…
<font color="red"> This was a fairly well kept secret, so don't feel too bad. They packed up and moved out at night! </font color>

The Bears should lobby for Velcro covered footballs.
<font color="red"> Real bears would have used honey on their hands for stick-um </font color>

What is the point in having HDTV if they don’t spend a single second of shots of the cheerleaders?
<font color="red"> Tap Tap Tap!!!!!!!! </font color>

When, oh when, will we finally be able to celebrate the first openly gay twin brother head football coaches in the Super Bowl? <font color="red"> I think the whole "first two AA Coaches" thing was severely overdone. TD really showed some class when asked about it after the game. He said both he and Smith were more proud to have two Christian coaches there. </font color>

Does the Chicago quarterback have some kind of homophobic thing going on with his center? He did not seem interested in keeping his hands in the right position to take the snap. <font color="red"> Possibly, but I think he was jumpy just looking at those horses on the Colts defensive line! </font color>

Is Prince the best they could do at halftime? I mean, was Perry Como or K-Fed just too busy? And who was that puffy he/she that was running around on stage while he was performing? I thought it was a streaker of something until the/she produced a microphone! <font color="red"> Thank goodness we didn't have any "wardrobe malfunctions"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

I loved the Budweiser Dog on the Fire truck commercial best. <font color="red"> That was a good one, but the Blockbuster ad with the animals trying to use a real mouse cracked me up! </font color>

Who designed the uniforms of both teams? As much as I hate to admit it, we could use those “Queer Eye for the Straight Guys” to add a little class to both teams duds.
<font color="red"> I withold comment due to the fact than I am fashion challenged myself. </font color>

Just how much did those fireworks add to the global warming problem? <font color="red"> Aside from the heat generated by the explosions, the debris launched into the atmosphere probably advanced global warming by at least a few seconds! I parked my wife's SUV for 4 hours yesterday to make up for it, so we're good again. </font color>

Given the overall nature of things, if I had to settle for testicles the size or raisins but still have the physiques of most of those players, I guess I’d take testosterone myself. <font color="red"> TMI!!!!!!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

The Bears offensive linemen were, on average, as big as an ox but twice as smart. <font color="red"> I would avoid Chicago for a few years after that comment. </font color>

Given the history of Super Bowl blowouts, this was a fairly interesting game for three quarters. <font color="red"> Not as exciting as the Patriots-Panthers in Houston, but I agree it was one of the better Super Bowl games. </font color> It does beg the ACLU question, when will we have two women coach NFL Superbowl teams? <font color="red"> Let's get Hillery and Nancy....it would keep them out of politics for a few hours, and they couldn't do too much damage. </font color>

What did you, my esteemed internet experts, think of the game and the foreplay.
<font color="red"> I refused to watch anything related to the game before 6PM. I do not want, nor need, 8 hours of pre-game commentary for 60 minutes of football. </font color>

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="red"> Steve </font color>

bsmutz
02-05-2007, 12:00 PM
When we gonna get two blind, deaf, pygmy, agnostic, Lithuanian American head coaches with some kinda cancer in the Super Bowl? What a great day for America that will be!!!!!

S0Noma
02-05-2007, 03:11 PM
What do you mean "the Colts aren't in Baltimore anymore?!?!"
I sh!t you not, this is the first I've heard of it.

Yesterday, was the first time I've watched an entire football game since Joey Montana was tossing the ball to Jerry Rice. Even so I had my Tivo watch it for forty-five minutes before I joined it. Afterwards I triple-timed through the game to each of my favorite commercials so that my wife (who flat refuses to watch football no matter what) could catch the highlights.

I personally liked the beard comb-over, rock versus paper, the Best buy commercial with the 'real' mouse (although any sane person knows that 'Best Buy' isn't the place to go for 'best buys), and one or two of the psychedelic Coke commercials (every one of which reminded me that those folks have made WAY TOO MUCH MONEY for a business that's essentially selling sugar mixed with carbonated water).

Oh yeah, one more thing, how about the idiot cameraman in charge of shooting key plays who couldn't seem to keep the damned rain drops off his camera lens. Somebody hand that guy a rag.