PDA

View Full Version : Poor Pelosi cannot get bigger jet

eg8r
02-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Pelosi sure is not taking much time showing her rear. The latest news is that what is good for Hastert simply is not good enough for her. She wants more.

Pentagon limits Pelosi jet size (http://washtimes.com/national/20070208-121345-5680r.htm) [ QUOTE ]
"It's not a question of size. It's a question of distance," Mrs. Pelosi told reporters yesterday. "We want an aircraft that can reach California."
<hr /></blockquote> [ QUOTE ]
"Nonstop service is not guaranteed, meaning she's getting Hastert's plane and nothing bigger," the congressional source said, referring to the commuter jet Mr. Hastert began using for security reasons after the September 11 terrorist attacks.
<hr /></blockquote> [ QUOTE ]
"Just because she's second in line to be president does not entitle her to a military taxi service around the United States," the source said. <hr /></blockquote> This is the part I like the most. [ QUOTE ]
In an interview on Fox News, Mrs. Pelosi said the plane request was not hers.
<hr /></blockquote> then... [ QUOTE ]
"I wish I didn't have to have so much security, because I like my freedom of mobility," she said, adding that she would be willing to fly commercial aviation. "I'm not asking to go on that plane. If you need to take me there for security purposes, you're going to have to get a plane that goes across the country." <hr /></blockquote> So. The request is not hers, however she demands if she has to have security then the plane request stands. What a laugh. She is talking out of both sides of her mouth. [ QUOTE ]
But Mrs. Pelosi's requests for the larger jet still has drawn ridicule from Republicans, who have dubbed the requested plane "Pelosi One."
It's especially galling, they say, since Mrs. Pelosi and her fellow Democrats ran on campaigns to clear out many of the perks provided to lawmakers. <hr /></blockquote> She cleared out all the perks for lawmakers but is demanding a perk of her own. What happened to "doing the right thing" once she got control? [ QUOTE ]
The "jumbo request," as one Republican called it, also comes at a time when Democrats are trying to push through Congress a resolution that sending 21,500 reinforcement troops to Iraq "is not in the national interest of the United States."
"So let's get this straight," Republican Study Committee spokesman Brad Dayspring said in a statement yesterday that reproduced a picture of a transcontinental U.S. military jet. "During a week in which Democrats are pushing a resolution that states, 'it is not in the national interest of the United States to deepen its military involvement in Iraq, particularly by escalating the United States military force presence in Iraq,' they believe that securing Speaker Pelosi the military plane pictured below for luxury flights is in the national interest?"
<hr /></blockquote> Yup fighting in Iraq is not our interest but getting Pelosi a better plane should be our interest. I wonder what Pelosi's stance is on being "green"? Maybe she doesn't care about our planet and wants to heat it to a boil with all the oil she wants to use up flying around in a bigger jet.

eg8r

Deeman3
02-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow, no response from such a budget conscience audience...

DeeMan
guess it's an across the isle issue...

pooltchr
02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Let's just move the House of Representatives to San Francisco and rent her a Volkswagon for her commute. It's such an inconvenience for her to work on the other side of the country.

The Dem's are no different...they just want the power (read: Control the Money!), but she is way over the top! I'm not at all surprised. Make all the campaign promises you must to get elected, and then rape the taxpayers once the election is over.
Disgusting!!!
Steve

moblsv
02-10-2007, 07:33 AM
well, I just thought this was silly, but, since the echo chamber does thrive on mythology, I guess I will post a couple links in an attempt to inject some sanity to the thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/08/pelosi.plane.ap/index.html
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/02/07/51817.aspx

Deeman3
02-10-2007, 08:19 AM
I do not begrudge poor Nancy a plane. As for the ability of it to make the coast to coast trip without stopping for gas, that triple the cost benefit might be a little greedy when balanced against the needs of her constituents who she could better spent money in helping. However, I agree it's a pittance, but as Everet Dirkson said, "A billion here and billion there and pretty soon your talking real money." /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gifThe 50 extra seats may be needed to ferry poor people back and forth with her and certaily we can't ignore the large compartment for the Botox equipment and storage tanks.

I will be much more interested in her actions to assure the security of our border, her ability to curb spending and how she handles ledgislation through the congress than her personal travel needs. Despite my joking, we should give her a fair opportunity to do her job and save our real judgement for later. Like many of you, I want our country to be successful and if a woman, no matter her prior political leanings, can do the job, she should be given the opportunity and credited if successful. While this whole thing might send a less than popular message, I'll save my real critique for things that have broader impact. Like Bush is OUR, she is OUR Majority Leader and should be given every opportunity to make this work, even if we may not agree all the time. I'll make fun of her, like I do most, but want her to help us. That's her new job.

DeeMan

moblsv
02-10-2007, 09:10 AM
"I'll make fun of her, like I do most, but want her to help us. That's her new job."

Here's a good one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqKCbtO9erQ

Gayle in MD
02-10-2007, 09:39 AM
LOL, Guess the S. Of Arms, should have called Fox, before HE put this request in for the larger aricraft for security purposes. Far be it from the right, to consider the additional security issues regarding additional take off and landings.

I notice, BTW, increased public approval of Congress in the polls since Pelosi took her new position. Since I have been watching C-Span, recording the hearings daily, I can understand why. More has been accomplished in these last weeks of Democratic Majority, than the six previous years. I'm sure though, in spite of six years of gross negligence on the part of Republicans, failed oversight, numbers of indictments, and a continuous blank check for the worst policy decisions in history, the right will stay abreast of every insignificant false detail reported by the wing nuts.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM
That is hillarious! Even Nancy should be able to laugh at that one!

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
02-10-2007, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> WASHINGTON — As the Bush administration began assembling its case for war, analysts across the U.S. intelligence community were disturbed by the report of a secretive Pentagon team that concluded Iraq had significant ties to Al Qaeda.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

www.latimes.com (http://www.latimes.com)

Just a simple suggestion, you might want to follow some of the totally wasted BIG money, estimated in the trillions before it's all over, being thrown away and/or wasted for Bush's Un-necessary War, and more proof of how they lied us into it, instead of worrying about

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

The Dem's are no different...they just want the power (read: Control the Money!), but she is way over the top! I'm not at all surprised. Make all the campaign promises you must to get elected, and then rape the taxpayers once the election is over.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

this pittance of money you're so fired up about. If you're going to follow the money, why not follow the money, and the blood trail? It may give you a better idea of what
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
way over the top

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
really is.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Your points may be valid but as even you have said, "Two wrongs don't make a right." The "pittance" of money we are talking about might seem like more to a poor person.

Gayle in MD
02-10-2007, 11:19 AM
That's true, I might, however, everything considered in it's propper context, this issue seems to me like just another case of the right giving out false info, since the Sergeant Of Arms has already stated that he was the one who made this request in the first place, it is a customary provision for the Speaker Of The House, since 9/11, and the President has put his Stamp of Approval on the request, and finally, Ms. Pelosi apparently did not make the request in the first place. IOW, just more BS hubris, and another non issue, except for the rightwingnut smear machine. Did you think Hastard was wasting tax payers money when he became the first Speaker to receive this security perk?

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this issue seems to me like just another case of the right giving out false info, since the Sergeant Of Arms has already stated that he was the one who made this request in the first place, it is a customary provision for the Speaker Of The House, since 9/11, and the President has put his Stamp of Approval on the request, and finally, Ms. Pelosi apparently did not make the request in the first place. <hr /></blockquote> No false info there, all that is already stated in the post I made along with the link that was attached. You just did not bother to read, no surprise there.

Pelosi statement goes a little like this, "I did not make the actual request, however since it is your little rule, if the plane cannot make the trip in one stop then give me something better".

She is a money-grubbing hypocrite who is here to screw the US in exactly the same way as those that have walked before her. She is no different and her heart is not in the right place, if she was honest when she said she would "do the right thing" then this would be a non-issue. Her first 100 hours proved she is no different than those who paved the way before her.

eg8r

eg8r
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, Guess the S. Of Arms, should have called Fox <hr /></blockquote> What is really funny is that my post was quoted from Washington Times. Has anyone seen a quote from Fox yet. It was funny to see mobs first injection of sanity was to quote the largest liberal network on the planet.

[ QUOTE ]
before HE put this request in for the larger aricraft <hr /></blockquote> More spin from the spin doctor. You might want to actually read the words from Pelosi's mouth. She said she did not request it but would not ride it for exactly the reasons outlined in the report. It is not big enough to haul around her family and friends and it cannot make it across the US non-stop.

[ QUOTE ]
I notice, BTW, increased public approval of Congress in the polls since Pelosi took her new position. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, what a joke. When was the last time you saw someone upset about getting a raise? All the minimum wage employees are just raving in the polls.

[ QUOTE ]
More has been accomplished in these last weeks of Democratic Majority, than the six previous years. <hr /></blockquote> You are right, when we thought spending could not go any higher, we brought in the Dems to just carry the torch. All those companies having to pay higher minimum wage except Pelosi's favorites in San Fran. Minimum wage and bigger planes for all.

eg8r

eg8r
02-11-2007, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
her ability to curb spending <hr /></blockquote> She stated in her first 100 hours that she had no intention of curbing spending. The only people who will not be spending any extra money are her favorite lobbyists.

[ QUOTE ]
Despite my joking, we should give her a fair opportunity to do her job and save our real judgement for later. <hr /></blockquote> After 6 years of nitpicking, I am sure the Gayle does not mind a few swats at her people.

eg8r

DickLeonard
02-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Eg8r I can't believe your reading papers did you read the Bush Crime Family yet.####

Gayle in MD
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Funny, isn't it. My criticism of Bush for lying us int9o war, creating false intelligence, breaking the FISA laws, telling flies in every speech, and in every press conference, along with Rice, cheney, Rumsfled, refusing to let the inspectors have the additional time they requested, after they said they didn't think there were any WMD's, and I'm nit picking, LMAO. There is a new book out written by a federal prosecutor, she goes through every single obstruction of Justice, and Abuse Of Power, fact, about the Bush administration. She is a constitutional expert. Her book is chock full of quotes, from Bush et al, and documents that prove every single lie. Also, proves, that the Clinton impeachment was unconstitutional. Title of the book is United States VS George W. Bush et al

I hope to see him impeached before this is over. We need to send a message to the world, that America is still a nation of integrity, and high ideals. Bush has destroyed all that. No one will ever believe him again.

Democrats were smart to go in insisting that impeachment was off the table. The continuing investigations will cause such public outcry for impeachment, the Democrats will look like heros for answering the public outcry.

Love,
Gayle

George Bush...if his lips are moving, he's lying.

SpiderMan
02-12-2007, 01:38 PM
Perhaps that home-district tuna company that she exempted from the minimum-wage hike will foot the bill for her travels.

SpiderMan

Deeman3
02-12-2007, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> Perhaps that home-district tuna company that she exempted from the minimum-wage hike will foot the bill for her travels.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Perish the thought that Gayle's Democratic hero would do anything so flyover... </font color>

DeeMan

eg8r
02-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Nope, I can't find it in the funnies. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Vapros
02-12-2007, 05:09 PM
Poor Gayle! They finally get one Democrat in a responsible position, and she has to start playing defense right from jump street. It's a tough old world, ain't it, pal?

Stretch
02-12-2007, 07:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Poor Gayle! They finally get one Democrat in a responsible position, and she has to start playing defense right from jump street. It's a tough old world, ain't it, pal? <hr /></blockquote>

Geez and Pelosi never even started a war yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 03:53 AM
Well friend, we know that these brilliant Bush supporters will be only too thrilled to take every minor, and I do mean minor, opportunity to continue to use their standard right wing goofy value system to jump at every RNC smear campaign imaginable against the Democrats, but the rest of us, who don't live in the right wing La La land of smut and deception, approval of torture and lies, graft and corruption, presidential fascism and Corporate theft, all at the expense of the innocent and patriotic, are incapable of any concentrated focus on those matters which have truly put our democracy, and the future of the United States at risk. What else could be expected from the shallow and uninformed? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 04:30 AM
I don't think this amounts to a gotcha, Vapros.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
At the recommendation of House Sergeant At Arms Bill Livingood -- a former Secret Service agent who was appointed to his current job by Republicans -- Pelosi has asked the Pentagon for a plane that can carry her non-stop to her home in California. Such a plane would probably end up being larger than the one used by Hastert.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

And, you can save you're sympathy, Vapros, as it has been greatly encouraging to me, after weeks of watching actual investigations, for the first time in six years, about the graft and waste of war profiteering in Iraq, and the abuse of our troops, through unheard of and unfair redeployments, without enough training, or equipment, and for no reasonable gain, and only in the interest of Bush's insane policies, and his dogged insistance that Iraq will be the next great democracy.

It's a very tough world for our troops, who are being slaughtered daily for nothing.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Gayle,
For 6 long years, you have been binge ranting about everything this administration has done. Do you really expect that the Dems are going to get a free pass? Maybe the jet thing isn't a big deal to you, but it happens to come from someone who campaigned promising change. I have no problem with her being provided transportation for security purposes. But I think it would be prudent for her to turn down the use of a full size passenger jetliner. (The transportation is supposed to be for the Speaker, not for her staff and family) A small private jet would work just as well, cost less to operate, and would produce far less greenhouse gas which contribute to global warming which is causing huge problems in Oswego, NY these days. I won't even require her to hire one of those minimum wage workers to be the pilot, although she might have to hire an illegal alien since flying her around the country might fall into the catagory of jobs that Americans don't want to do!
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 04:39 AM
I don't recall posting anything to YOU about your post, Ed, so stuff it. This is nothing more than just one more meaningless crock of **** from you, just like everything else you post on here.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-13-2007, 04:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I don't recall posting anything to YOU about your post, Ed, so stuff it. This is nothing more than just one more meaningless crock of **** from you, just like everything else you post on here.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Ed, looks like you may have pushed someone's hot button! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Gayle, you have been dishing it out ad nausium for a long time. You gotta be willing to take a little heat when the tables turn. Be nice!
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 04:48 AM
Steve,
Once again, Steve, it was the S. of Arms, a republican, btw, who made the request. I don't think it is at all reasonable to expect the person second in line for the presidency to not have to land and take off un-necessarily while flying all the way from Washington to California.

Also, since you're so concerned about Greenhouse gas, you might want to write a letter to your man Bush, who reduced the Cafe' standards for the automobile industry, and Corporate pollution, instead of all this partisan concern over one damn jet, since you're so concerned over the environment. And let's not forget, how you righties bashed al Gore, and labeled him a tree hugger for trying to highlight our Global Warming Scientifice predictions seven years ago, while Bush has been censoring Scientists ever since he got into the White House with his fellow evil lying Republican fascists.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Step forward, Jeremy Grantham -- Cheney's own investment manager. "What were we thinking?' Grantham demands in a four-page assault on U.S. energy policy mailed last week to all his clients, including the vice president.
http://www.thestreet.com/funds/fundmorning/10336832.html
Titled "While America Slept, 1982-2006: A Rant on Oil Dependency, Global Warming, and a Love of Feel-Good Data," Grantham's philippic adds up to an extraordinary critique of U.S. energy policy over the past two decades.

What Cheney makes of it can only be imagined.

"Successive U.S. administrations have taken little interest in either oil substitution or climate change," he writes, "and the current one has even seemed to have a vested interest in the idea that the science of climate change is uncertain."

Yet "there is now nearly universal scientific agreement that fossil fuel use is causing a rise in global temperatures," he writes. "The U.S. is the only country in which environmental data is steadily attacked in a well-funded campaign of disinformation (funded mainly by one large oil company)."
This was written by Cheney's fund manager.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Any questions about how this administration Censored Scientific data, Steve, or still hooked on the Bs right wingnut Pelosi story?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 05:01 AM
Dishing it out? Too bad you experience my writing factual information in answer to a lot of false information posted here by the right wingnuts, as 'dishing it out.' Seems you've been all in all pretty silent about George Bush, and the Republican gross lack of attention to billions and billions of dollars missing during the incompetent prosecution of this war for a long time. I don't recall a single complaint from you about the theft of the tax payers money by Corporate fascists in Iraq, stealing money, while our boys and girls are being blown to smitherines because they don't have the propper armour and helmets. But apparently the difference in mileage from the east coast and California escapes you.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
Ed, looks like you may have pushed someone's hot button!

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

FYI, I'm so thrilled these days, now that Rice, Cheney, Libby, Rove, and others in this administration's Axis Of Evil, are being exposed for their lies, and at times, on the spot in the hearings, and even by Republicans, I might add,.... and that the Democrats are insisting on oversight, and working to bring our troops home, beleive me, there's not a right wingnut in the world that could bring me down off this high.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-13-2007, 05:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> there's not a right wingnut in the world that could bring me down off this high.

You won't need us "right wing nuts" to bring you down. Your left wing friends are going to take us ALL down!

How any intelligent person could be happy with the Dems is beyond me? The sad part is that our real enemy of our country think the same way as the Dems. Should someone like Obama ever get to the white house, you will see celebrations in the middle east like you never could have imagined. But that's ok. You just keep celebrating your "victory" while our country goes into a tailspin. The Dems will pull our troops out, open up communications with the terrorists, and invite them to come live with us.
And no, it's not just the Dems. The head of homeland security put out a memo to employees telling them they aren't allowed to refer to Muslum Terrorists as "Muslum Terrorists" because it might offend the Muslum Terrorists! TSA employees are supposed to "respect the Muslum culture" when conducting screenings at airports.

Hell, we can't even identify and name our enemy for fear of offending them! I'm so disgusted with Washington right now, I can't begin to put it in words. But I'm glad you are elated with the state of things these days. You and Jane and Susan and Tim and all your left wing friends should throw a big party. It looks like you will get your wish. I hope it turns out to be what you hope for. Oh, yeah, don't forget to invite the "Muslum Terrorists" (Oops, sorry, I meant "members of the religion of peace.)to the party! Sorry I can't make it, but I really don't feel like celebrating anything I am seeing with our government these days.
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 06:21 AM
Sorry friend, but then, you bought into the whole BS about how Saddam was a gathering threat, yet with no immediate attention to Iran or North Korea, or the daily genocide in Darfur, was the right course of action, and that a democratic Iraq, was a reasonable expectation, and would end terrorism, and Bush being a compassionate Conservative, was a correct description a the man who had killed more people than we will ever get correct numbers for, and Republicans shrinking Government, would follow his occupancy in the White House, and a Republican majority, and that the Bushonomics of the trickle down, that never happened, (as fifty million additional Americans have sunk into the poverty levels and 1 % of the country now controls more wealth than the other 90% combined, wasn't a form of redistribution of wealth) and that this girly man with a big Texas Hat and a punk style gate, who couldn't find Iraq on a map, would provide this country with a reasonable foreign policy, and that if only we had sacrificed, say maybe another 58 thousand young American troops, we could have won the war in Vietnam, and how church donations could solve our on going problem of poverty in this country, and that by inciting a civil war in Iraq, we could destroy AlQaeda, and that waging war is more reasonable than sanctions and diplomacy, and that it was correct to apply pre-emptive attack and occupation in a hurry, in place of continuing with inspections for the invisable WMD's, and that diplomatic intervention and sanctions was not the way forward, and that a private BJ, between consenting adults, was an impeachable offense, and just as bad a lie as "The smoking Gun" lie, the Yellow Cake lie, and the We're winnning the War in Iraq, lie, and that George Bush was an honest man, who gave a GD about Americans, and that two oil men in the White House would be GOOD for this country, and that If we fought them over there, they'd never come back over here, and that if we don't leave our troops in a slaughter, Al Qaeda's going to jump on their fighter jets and follow them back here, so, I wouldn't worry too much, if I were you, I'd venture to say that if you're feeling depressed, we must be heading in the right direction! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-13-2007, 06:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Sorry friend, but then, you bought into the whole BS about how Saddam was a gathering threat,

Considering that during the Clinton years, He was considered a threat, and considering that just about every elected official in Washington considered him a threat, including Ms Clinton, perhaps you are correct. I haven't been keeping very good company! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Steve

Vapros
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Consider me properly chastised. I had no idea that I and my heroes were guilty of all that.

Gayle for President! At last, a leader with all the answers.
Faulty memory, but fantastic hindsight. Really fantastic.

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 09:59 AM
There is a difference between a potential threat, and a real and present danger. Furthermore, as far as I know, the Clinton's never launched a pre-emptive war, and attacked and occupied another country, by using fixed and cherry picked intelligence, and threatening Americans by launching a fear mongering campaign, by using lies and intimidation against our own National Security agencies. they never followed up such an illegal war by hiring public relations firms, to help them bullsh*t the American people, and they also never threw out fifty years of international agreements, nor destroyed fifty years of wartime Geneva convention agreements. I don't recall the Clinton's using over seven hundred signing statements to get around and avoid our laws, nor do I recall them breaking the FISA laws in secret, nor meeting secretly with oil executives and allowing them to set our energy policies, or outing covert CIA agents in order to promote deceit, against Americans, and send our troops into harms way, jumping the gun, refusing to heed expert advice, in place of doing so as a last resort, and only if absolutely necessary.

Although it was really great when Exxon stepped up to the plate recently to announce that the question isn't if we are experiencing climate change, due to human behavior, but rather what to do about it. Of course, they neglected to add that they spent 16 million dollars from 19978 to 2005 to dispute the building evidence. I'm sure your your hero duo, Dick Cheney, and George Bush, didn't know anything about that, nor any of the Republicans who made so much fun of Al Gore, as he struggled in his election to try to make people understand the impending threat.

You are right about one thing, you don't keep very good company.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Gee, thanks, but LeonardXXX and I decided not to run in 08. We've decided our time would be better spent working to end this illegal, immoral war, and trying to undo all the negative back lash that our country has suffered due to King George, his in house despots, his surrounding axis of evil, and those poor misguided and uninformed wingnuts who are too stubborn to admit that they've been Bushwhacked, even if it does mean that more and more people will be slaughtered, for nothing.

Gayle in Md.

Vapros
02-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Having any luck?

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 10:15 AM
As a matter of fact, things are going swimmingly! There are actually people on the house floor as we speak, having an actual debate about this so called War On Terror, for the first time in four years, thanks for a Democratic majority which isn't a blank check for the King. Thanks for asking. Any other questions?

Gayle in Md.

Qtec
02-13-2007, 10:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Times was founded in 1982 by Sun Myung Moon, leader of the Unification Church and the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification, to be a conservative alternative to the larger Washington Post. The Times is widely perceived as maintaining a right-leaning editorial stance. By 2002, the Unification Church had spent about $1.7 billion in subsidies for the Times. <hr /></blockquote>

Good source eg8r. LOL

So Pelosi thinks that in 2007,like 40 odd years AFTER the US put a man on the moon, that she should be able to fly to her home without landing and that's a big deal.. !!??

If that's the best you have got...............all I can say is , " big WOW"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif For you its a big deal but the corruption and misleading the country into war under false pretences from GW's Govt you ignore!
Its like equating rape with a traffic offence.
The energy companies wrote the energy bill and the Govt fought tooth and nail to hide the info from the public. GW was against a 9/11 investigation- he has also made sure that certain docs/info will remain hidden for a long time. This has NOT been an OPEN Govt[ which he promised!!!] and the ME is a mess.
Powell said it, " you break it, you own it."

Q
Notice how NK has caved in now that the Dems are in power!
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
You won't need us "right wing nuts" to bring you down. Your left wing friends are going to take us ALL down!

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

BWA HA HA HA..., Really Steve, you should go on the road! You're the best commedian around.

Considering that one third of our present spending goes toward paying interest on the debt that King George Bush, and Uncle Fester, and your Republican Chinese Fire Drill majority has handed us, I hardly think you need be concerned about Democrats bringing us ALL down. This country is about as low right now as I've seen it, and this time, we've lost something much more valuable than just a surplus, we've lost our dignity, and credibility. Not to mention that George Bush quotes the terrorists, and tries to claim that he engineers our national policy around what the enemy says, now that is smart! LMAO! Ofcourse, our own 16 National Security Agencies say if is building their strength and numbers, but hey, what do THEY know!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Qtec
02-13-2007, 10:44 AM
A threat to who? Saddam was NEVER a threat to the USA. Condi said he was " unable to threaten his nieghbours". Powell said he was " contained'"
What changed?
In the long term YES, he was a threat. He was a power hungry psychopath who couldn't be trusted to behave normally.

That Govt presented Saddam as a secondary threat.
The threat presented to the American people was that Saddam MIGHT give these IMAGINARY weapons to Al Q with whom he were NOT working with, so that Al Q could attack the USA.
Remember the case of the mobile biological trucks? The story can from a taxi driver with good knowledge and a backround in chemistry!
At the time that the neo-cons are just itching to go ,this is just the info they need.[ The guy got his whole family out of Iraq and a pension.]
Look at Chalabi, he provided false info to the us he was Iraqi Minister of Oil!

Its ALL about the oil.

Q

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Amen brother! Tap Tap Tap! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

eg8r
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't recall posting anything to YOU about your post, Ed, so stuff it. <hr /></blockquote> Uh oh, mention something negative about the Dems and the playground bully comes out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Now we see that the truth comes out about your favorite little dem and you don't like it too much so you want to squash the voice. Nice.

[ QUOTE ]
This is nothing more than just one more meaningless crock of **** from you, just like everything else you post on here.
<hr /></blockquote> Do you need a tissue?

eg8r

eg8r
02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Her skin is too thin. I think her head is about to pop, she is not ready for the Dems to be in control right now.

eg8r

eg8r
02-13-2007, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A threat to who? Saddam was NEVER a threat to the USA. <hr /></blockquote> Says a nobody in the land of smut and crime. You have no idea what you are talking about. Apparently you are smarter than the entire US government from the 90's until now.

[ QUOTE ]
Its ALL about the oil. <hr /></blockquote> Or whether or not you inhaled. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-13-2007, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So Pelosi thinks that in 2007,like 40 odd years AFTER the US put a man on the moon, that she should be able to fly to her home without landing and that's a big deal.. !!??
<hr /></blockquote> Hey there Einstein the issue is not whether or not we have the technology to get her there in one flight it is whether or not the plane is available without wasting more taxpayer money. Geesh, one of these days I will take the time to explain the "subject" to you, but right now teaching you basic skills is not high on my priority.

eg8r

eg8r
02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle for President! <hr /></blockquote> Gayle and Dick are supposed to be running for office in the next election.

eg8r

eg8r
02-13-2007, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again, Steve, it was the S. of Arms, a republican, btw, who made the request. <hr /></blockquote> Once again you refuse to mention Pelosi's spoken word which demanded the bigger plane. You can try and twist the truth to make Pelosi innocent but she is a politician and you are only doing yourself a disservice.

eg8r

Qtec
02-13-2007, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> Hey there Einstein the issue is not whether or not we have the technology to get her there in one flight it is whether or not the plane is available without wasting more taxpayer money. Geesh, one of these days I will take the time to explain the "subject" to you, but right now teaching you basic skills is not high on my priority.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Pelosi's extra costs wouldn't even cover one of DeLay's golf trips to St Andrews! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The present Govt has wasted trillions in Iraq and its a total mess!
What has the US citizen got out of Iraq for their tax dollars?
What we do know is that the Military Complex will be making huge profits for years to come replacing the WMD's the US has used in Iraq. I'm sure GW knows those GOB's personally and plays golf with them.

Wake up man. You are exactly conditioned to believe their BS. Its amazing.

Q

Vapros
02-13-2007, 01:40 PM
I keep thinking of an old preacher in my home town. He was in the habit of writing notes to himself in the margins of his sermons, to help him on Sunday morning.

One of his favorites was 'Argument weak here. Yell like hell.'

pooltchr
02-13-2007, 06:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Pelosi's extra costs wouldn't even cover one of DeLay's golf trips to St Andrews! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The present Govt has wasted trillions in Iraq and its a total mess!

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Now I understand. Since one part of the government wastes taxpayer money, there is no reason every part of government shouldn't be allowed to do the same. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Is this the same reasoning we use to put a value on lying? A little one is ok, depending on what it was about? Sorry, but I don't buy it. Waste is waste! Everyone wants everyone else to stop wasting money, but when it hits too close to home, they find a way to justify it. Well, as the saying goes, a million here and a million there, and pretty soon you are talking about real money.
It's easy for you to comment on it, since it's not your hard earned money they are wasting.
My solution is to give each congressperson a budget as a percentage of the national budget. Then we tell them, here's what you have to spend. If you stay within your budget, you get a paycheck. If you don't, you don't! I bet ol' Nance would be checking out the price of a bus ticket from Washington to San Francisco!
Steve

eg8r
02-13-2007, 08:22 PM
I am not believing anyone's BS. I am listening to what Pelosi said when she was taking over, and now we are seeing she was just lying long enough to get the seat. Her real character took less than 100 hours to come out. This is just more of the same and I am sure we will see even more come from her which is in direct contrast to what she said she would be doing.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-14-2007, 04:03 AM
What a joke! Pahleeeze, you support the party and the president that has wasted more US tax dollars than any in history, caught in more lies than any in history, indicted for more crimes and payoffs, and has run up more debt than any in history, and then you rightwingnuts want to b*tch about non stop flights for the person second in line for the presidency, but what could be expected from people who can't see the difference between lies that put this country in a trick bag, increase and embolden terrorism, death and destruction for hundreds of thousands, troops without propper equipment redeployed over and over into a militarily unwinnable civil war, loss of American respect and credibility, compared to a lie about private, personal matters between consenting adults.

Every day in every way, the right gets nuttier and nuttier!

Here's one for you. What new third to the top of an agency Republican was just indicted for war profiteering payoffs? I'm sure none of you want to address REAL REPUBLICAN CRIMES, you'd much prefer to continue with your on-going state of denial, even if we ARE in more danger due to Bush's policies, in more debt, and have a president who would rather see our kids die everyday, for no reasonable gain, in the interest of his legacy? You're all a total joke! If you cared enough to find the truth, you'd know that according to the investigations into this war, atleast one third of the money spent in Iraq, has been wasted, through coprruption and incompetence, and yet all you can focus on is a non stop jet flight, BRILLIANT!

How do you sleep at night knowing that you voted for George Bush?

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-14-2007, 05:20 AM
Gayle,
I understand that you think anyone who doesn't agree with you must be getting nuttier and nuttier. Fine, so be it! How do I sleep at night after voting for GW???? I do it just to pi$$ of people who think like you!
Lies are lies. Waste is waste. Live with it!! Don't try to justify something because in your mind is wasn't as bad as someone elses. If I jump off a 300 foot building and you jump off a 1000 foot building, the results are the same. Sometimes, degrees don't matter. But all the looney liberals want to try to justify the crap that the liberals do, and crusify the conservatives for the same thing. It's a double standard. You just don't want to see it.
I guess anything that supports your liberal point of view is ok in your eyes. Take off the blinders! You think conservatives want to dictate how everyone lives...how about stepping outside the box and looking at the liberals. They want to tell people how much to pay employees for doing a job. They want to tell people how to spend the money they earn, or rather, just take as much of their money as they can and spend it for them because they are too stupid or too uncaring to spend it properly themselves. They want to tell everyone they need to be more considerate of a group of people who have announced their desire to see our way of life destroyed. They want to tell people who choose to smoke that they can't do it on their own property. They want to tell us we need to give them the money we would spend on healthcare so they can spend it for us.
Please tell me how liberals are so much better than conservatives. You think you have all the answers because you read so much liberal trash, but whether you know it or not, you are drinking the liberal kool-aid by the gallon. The only difference is whether you drink the grape kool-aid or the cherry flavor. You claim you are tollerent of those who disagree with you, and then you turn around and slam half of your fellow countrymen, while wanting to be more understanding of foreigners who want to disrupt and destroy everything good about this country.
Personally, I'm getting tired of all the gloom and doom talk about how the republicans are the cause of everything bad that happens.
People who live in glass houses.....
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-14-2007, 05:41 AM
I only slam the nutty 28 to 30 percent who are nuts! But now you, on the other hand, have proven with this post, that you never slam those who don't agree with you. People who live in glass houses...

Gayle in Md....knows Democrats didn't put us into this mess, but Democrats, will, as usual, have to get us out of it!

eg8r
02-14-2007, 08:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What a joke! Pahleeeze, you support the party and the president that has wasted more US tax dollars than any in history, caught in more lies than any in history, indicted for more crimes and payoffs, and has run up more debt than any in history, and then you rightwingnuts want to b*tch about non stop flights for the person second in line for the presidency <hr /></blockquote> Second in line for the Presidency means nothing. She has no more chance of becoming President than you do. Throwing that out there is only a way to add some legitimacy to what you are saying but it does not work. It means nothing.

What we are trying to say can be boiled down to this...DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO!!!!!!. Why is it so hard to understand this? We agree the current administration has wasted tons of money, the idea is why does Pelosi have to continue doing it even if she is on a much lesser scale (at this point). If you say you are going to do the "right thing" after spending 6 years of blaming someone else of lying, then you had better pay attention and do the right thing yourself or the nitpicking will rear its ugly head.

The idea of nitpicking now is to make sure Pelosi is aware that she will not be getting away with anything so that bigger snafus down the line will be mitigated. Keep everyone on their toes and we might have a few more "do the right thing".

eg8r

Vapros
02-14-2007, 08:48 AM
The Democrats will bail us out, you say? Definitely one of your better efforts, and don't think The Party doesn't notice little things like that. Don't be surprised if you find a little something extra in your envelope this week. They take care of their own. Speak! Roll over! Beg!. . .Beautiful!!

wolfdancer
02-14-2007, 12:50 PM
If this is the extent of Pelosi's "perks"....it pales in comparison to the many unnecessary Republican junkets.
At least we ain't talking kickbacks.....yet.
I'll take Nancy over the already indicted, and the future indictees of the group that has abused the public trust these past 6 years........

wolfdancer
02-14-2007, 01:51 PM
How do you sleep at night knowing that you voted for George Bush?

Is this a Zen Koan?....or just an unanswerable question?

Gayle in MD
02-14-2007, 01:57 PM
LOL...I really would like to know, how do they sleep at night, after voting for the man who is responsible for this mess? Imagine if one had actually voted for him twice! No wonder they must live in complete denial, lashing out at every exposure of his lies and ineptness.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> If this is the extent of Pelosi's "perks"....it pales in comparison to the many unnecessary Republican junkets.
At least we ain't talking kickbacks.....yet.
I'll take Nancy over the already indicted, and the future indictees of the group that has abused the public trust these past 6 years........ <hr /></blockquote>
What makes you think this is the extent of her "perks"? This is just the first to catch the public attention. How about using her position to exempt a business in her home district from the minimum wage hike? Do you think she did it for anything other than political purposes? She probably owed them one, and this is how she paid it back. And if you don't anticipate much more, you are in for a surprise. She has only been speaker for a few weeks, and the stench is already starting. But she is ok, because she isn't part of the neo-con, war-mongoring, oil-loving, environment-hating, baby killing, lying, thieving, crooked (I'm running out of adjectives....Gayle!!! Help!!!) oh yeah...draft dodging, spoiled rich kids who are still in charge. Nancy, on the other hand, is a kind, sweet, wonderful, trustworthy, helpful, friendly, thrifty, little girl scout! Yeah, and I have a bridge I'm willing to sell!
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
How about using her position to exempt a business in her home district from the minimum wage hike?
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Where is your proof on this Steve? I have not seen any proof of this accusation.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-15-2007, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>
How about using her position to exempt a business in her home district from the minimum wage hike?
&lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote>

Where is your proof on this Steve? I have not seen any proof of this accusation.

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>
I guess you must have missed this story...

House Republicans yesterday declared "something fishy" about the major tuna company in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco district being exempted from the minimum-wage increase that Democrats approved this week.

"I am shocked," said Rep. Eric Cantor, Virginia Republican and his party's chief deputy whip, noting that Mrs. Pelosi campaigned heavily on promises of honest government. "Now we find out that she is exempting hometown companies from minimum wage. This is exactly the hypocrisy and double talk that we have come to expect from the Democrats."

On Wednesday, the House voted to raise the minimum wage from $5.15 to $7.25 per hour.

The bill also extends for the first time the federal minimum wage to the U.S. territory of the Northern Mariana Islands. However, it exempts American Samoa, another Pacific island territory that would become the only U.S. territory not subject to federal minimum-wage laws.

One of the biggest opponents of the federal minimum wage in Samoa is StarKist Tuna, which owns one of the two packing plants that together employ more than 5,000 Samoans, or nearly 75 percent of the island's work force. StarKist's parent company, Del Monte Corp., has headquarters in San Francisco, which is represented by Mrs. Pelosi. The other plant belongs to California-based Chicken of the Sea.
Some Republicans who voted in favor of the minimum-wage bill were particularly irritated to learn yesterday -- after their vote -- that the legislation did not include American Samoa.

"I was troubled to learn of this exemption," said Rep. Mark Steven Kirk, Illinois Republican. "My intention was to raise the minimum wage for everyone. We shouldn't permit any special favors or exemptions that are not widely discussed in Congress. This is the problem with rushing legislation through without full debate."

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 07:09 AM
You call that proof? Republican BS, but it's truth to you. Where is the link for this story, which news publicantion? Sorry, you'll have to do better than that to convince me. i've been fact checking too long to believe anything Republicans put out there without doing some research. Just this morning, on C-Span, Duncan Hunter told lie after lie about the troops. Oliver North just came out and called McCain and Bush liars for saying that our troops have no problem with low morale, in Iraq. I've had dozens tell me they'd rather be boiled in oil than have to go back into that slaughter, even say it was worth it losing an arm, just to get out. So, don't expect me to believe this Republican story, unless you can provied proof. I've had it with Mushroom Cloud stories put out by Republcians, and their accomodating right wing press. Care to give a link for this story?

Thanks,
Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Try Google. Pelosi minimum wage...you will find plenty...but you probably won't like what you find.
Steve

Deeman3
02-15-2007, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Try Google. Pelosi minimum wage...you will find plenty...but you probably won't like what you find.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">..she will ignore it or cite some Bush discrepancy or claim you are a woman hater. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

DeeMan
or could give you 500 words on hwo the Iraqis are suffering...

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 08:21 AM
You're the one who posted this BS. One would think you would provide the full story, afraid to post the rightwing BS link?

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Why don't you go back into your extensive list of books and connections and see if any of your libs have an unbiased memory and take a look at the first 100 hours of Pelosi's reign. There has already been a post about this and you said you were going to "investigate" it. What happened to the investigation? Maybe your memory would get better if you were being sent to jail for the "honest forgetfulness". /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-15-2007, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You call that proof? Republican BS, but it's truth to you. Where is the link for this story, which news publicantion? <hr /></blockquote> Don't bother with the news publication or who said what, just take a look for yourself at the few bills that were passed during those 100 hours. It is there. What happened to your investigation? By asking what the news publication is, it proves you are not interested in finding out Pelosi lied to you, you are only interested at shooting the messenger. I can understand why you are acting this way though, it probably hurts to find out all the BS your were touting about this woman all flew out the window in the first 100 hours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif We will do the right thing, I believe that was the first lie we heard from these "in-power Dems".

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-15-2007, 10:19 AM
Sorry Ed, that one item doesn't change my opinion about Pelosi; doesn't put her on a par with her "kickback" Republican counterparts.
There might be more to the story though...the exemption is in Samoa, where 5,000 are employed. Maybe the legislated raise would change the dynamics there for the company and affect the number or jobs, or close the plant?
A quick look at the Island's economy isn't that revealing
some figures n/a.
web page (https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/ws.html#Econ)
But the economy is driven by agriculture...notoriously low wages jobs, and some assembly work for an Australian company.
A look at the Samoan times is a little more revealing....a Chinese man was "lured" there by the promise of higher wages,etc....and is now suing for back pay, overtime....(and he wasn't even working for Steve's beloved Wal Mart)..
It's a real stretch to link the wages paid in Samoa as "Pelosi's District". Del Monte is based in California, and is the parent company....but how many "parent companies" based in Republican territory are outsourcing their jobs?
Del Monte by the way, once owned the Pebble Beach properties....and Monterey,Ca was the home of Jon Steinbeck's "Cannery Row".
If you really want to be "fair" about your appraisal of Nancy Pelosi.....you might want to give her a little more time than "100 hours" before you condemn her. For me though, she's our first chance in 6 years to change from "stay the course" to "right the ship"

wolfdancer
02-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Dee, I see nothing wrong with an exemption for Samoa, given the economic conditions there...are they paying the new min wages in the Marianna's? Are there any firms doing business there, whose parent companies are HQ'd in Red States?
Take the auto industry for another example....Kia is outsourcing jobs to Alabama to avoid paying the high wages in Korea.

Qtec
02-15-2007, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But in American Samoa, it is the tuna industry that rules the roost. Canneries employ nearly 5,000 workers on the island, or 40 percent of the workforce, paying $3.60 an hour on average, compared with $7.99 an hour for Samoan government employees. Samoan minimum-wage rates are set by federal industry committees, which visit the island every two years.

Faleomavaega's aides said yesterday that the delegate was in American Samoa for the opening session of the island's government and would not comment. But he is no stranger to the minimum-wage issue. When StarKist lobbied in the past to prevent small minimum-wage hikes, Faleomavaega denounced the efforts.

"StarKist is a billion-dollar-a-year company," he said after a 2003 meeting with executives from StarKist and parent company Del Monte Foods. "It is not fair to pay a corporate executive $65 million a year while a cannery worker only makes $3.60 per hour."

But after the same meeting, Faleomavaega also said he understood that the Samoan canneries were facing severe wage competition from South American and Asian competitors. Democratic aides familiar with the issue said Faleomavaega is not about to allow the federal minimum wage to reach Samoa -- and perhaps for good reason.

Department of Interior testimony last year before the Senate noted that canneries in Thailand and the Philippines were paying their workers about 67 cents an hour. If the canneries left American Samoa en masse, the impact would be devastating, leaving Samoans as wards of the federal welfare state, warned David B. Cohen, deputy assistant secretary of the interior for insular affairs.
<hr /></blockquote>
Maybe this is not so clear cut as some may assume.

Q

wolfdancer
02-15-2007, 11:03 AM
Q, thanks!...you came up with the facts I was trying to find concerning Samoa, and the impact of a min wage there.
I'm sure the right can find better things to impugn the Dems than this "link".
The Dems are not all Calvinists, nor simon-pures...if they were, a republican could never get elected.....ever.
Truth is they commit the same crimes as their counterparts....just not on the same grand scale as the right

Qtec
02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
Forgot the link. web page (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/08/AR2007010801641.html)
Q

wolfdancer
02-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Q, that's another good link concerning the wage situation in Samoa:
"...If the canneries left American Samoa en masse, the impact would be devastating, leaving Samoans as wards of the federal welfare state, warned David B. Cohen, deputy assistant secretary of the interior for insular affairs."
I guess the Mariannas, exempted and protected from wage/working conditions regs. by Republicans were of no concern to the likes of Ed....but this Samoan thing.....wow!! he'd like a full investigation......
There's a strange dichotomy here....a Republican championing the cause of poor workers.....it's enough to get one disbarred from the party.

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 12:13 PM
thanks Q, it's been real busy around here. I thank you for your usual good research.

Love,
Gayle

pooltchr
02-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Ok, let me get this straight. If the minimum wage increase were applied to American Samoa, it might discourage some businesses from locating there, or make moving to another location where labor costs are lower a good business move. Is that correct? If yes, then why would the same not apply to our country? By raising minimum wages in the US, wouldn't it encourage more companies to move their operations to a location where wages are lower? Is this already happening here? If yes, wouldn't it seem likely to see more companies decide to move??? How can the same law be good for the US, but bad for American Samoa? Doesn't it seem likely that an exemption granted to a company with corporate headquarters in Ms Pulousey's home district might have just a hint of favortism? And what makes it worse, after all the crying about how the Bush administration panders to "big business", how can anyone with half a brain try to say this is different??????????????
Steve

wolfdancer
02-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Steve, you're kidding right?
I thought it was just Ed needed the remedial reading course.

Qtec
02-16-2007, 04:22 AM
From the CIA Handbook,
" American Samoa has a traditional Polynesian economy in which more than 90% of the land is communally owned. Economic activity is strongly linked to the US with which American Samoa conducts most of its foreign trade. Tuna fishing and tuna processing plants are the backbone of the private sector, with canned tuna the primary export. [ 93% of exports] Transfers from the US Government add substantially to American Samoa's economic well being. Attempts by the government to develop a larger and broader economy are restrained by Samoa's remote location, its limited transportation, and its devastating hurricanes. Tourism is a promising developing sector."

What I am saying is that there could be ligitimate reasons for the exemption. The whole country is only 199 square miles! They already have 30% unemployment and the GDP p/p is just $6,000.
I do agree that this and the other exemptions should have been properly debated before the Bill was passed. Pelosi messed up.

Is their a difference?
Haliburton charges the taxpayer $20 a plate to feed army personel in Iraq. So far they have been caught 12 times ripping off the taxpayer but they still get handed billion $ contracts.
At the same time that Enron were DELIBERATLY causing power cuts in California in order to make more profit,[ ie, stealing money out the hands of little old ladies /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif] Ken Lay was at the WH writing the US Energy Bill, with the complete co-operation of Dick Cheney.
DeLay [ facing indictment] along with Abramoff[ has already plead guilty] got an exemption for the Marianas where there was forced labour, slave wages, forced abortions and loss of freedom.
Del Monte pays 3/ 5$ an hour and they don't get a ct from the US because of this bill.

Dick Cheney is CEO of Haliburton.
DC leaves H in 1999 and goes into politics and becomes VP.
In 2003 DC hands H 9 Billion $$$$$$$$$$$$s worth of no-bid contracts, ie, taxpayers money.
A blind, deaf and dumb man living in a cave in Borneo can see the conflict of interest in that but not the Reps.! Its dismissed because its too obvious. Much the same about why the US is in Iraq. GW and Co have given a million reasons about why the invasion was neccessary but they never mention the oil!

The facts are that the US use,s 25% of the world's oil, ie dependant on ME oil. The Chinese, after years of dormancy have discovered Capitalism with a vengance and their oil consumption is rising fast. Pretty soon we will reach PEAK OIL. [ check it out] Basically there won't be enough oil to satisfy demand and all hell will break loose.
What the US is trying to do in Iraq is ensure an adequate oil supply.........but I digress /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Q

Pelosi was wrong, no doubt about that, but is there a difference? Absolutely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q

wolfdancer
02-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Q, you forgot to mention the $48 a case for Coca-Cola, and the $8 plus they are charging the Iraqis for gas....which we will have to repay, since the contract calls for $1.26 a gal.
I doubt if Dick (Daddy Warbucks) Cheney divested hisself of his HAL stock....actually there is a report somewhere out in cyberspace, about how much his bottom line has increased since stealing...er, taking office

pooltchr
02-16-2007, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> since stealing...er, taking office <hr /></blockquote>

Why do you guys have such a hard time admitting that the Democrats <font color="red"> LOST </font color> the last two presidential elections?
Take a cue from the Republicans who admitted they lost the congressional elections last year, and immediately started working on figuring out where they went wrong and addressing the problem, rather than blaming the Democrats.

It's like playing pool. If you think you missed because the cloth was too slow, or the pockets too small, or your tip mushroomed, you will never be able to fix the problem. When you learn to accept that when you lose, it's most likely something you did wrong, you can actually start to fix the problem.

An alcoholic can't become sober until he admits he has a problem. As long as he can blame someone else, he can continue his self-destructive ways.
Steve

wolfdancer
02-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Steve, it's debatable whether there was some election fraud in
at least two states. After 6 years though....it's a non-issue.
Doesn't matter one iota if I believe the Dems got an old fashioned butt-whipping, or if as many believe, they didn't get a fair count.
a bit of a stretch though comparing ballet boxes to pool pockets (don't you think?)
and many times I do miss because of sudden movement from 3 tables over.....
also tried AA once....but after Bingo, kool-aid, square dancing, and hearing all them sad stories...i couldn't wait to leave and get a drink. Besides we Irish have a built in limit on our alcohol consumption....we pass out ...

eg8r
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Ed, that one item doesn't change my opinion about Pelosi; doesn't put her on a par with her "kickback" Republican counterparts.
<hr /></blockquote> You are right, one item does not change my mind either. Time will tell if Pelosi continues to lie about "doing the right thing", but there is nothing wrong with documenting the baby steps. She is learning to crawl right now, we might need to watch out when she is out running around. [ QUOTE ]
There might be more to the story though...the exemption is in Samoa, where 5,000 are employed. Maybe the legislated raise would change the dynamics there for the company and affect the number or jobs, or close the plant? <hr /></blockquote> This has never been a concern of the tax and spend left.

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to be "fair" about your appraisal of Nancy Pelosi.....you might want to give her a little more time than "100 hours" before you condemn her. <hr /></blockquote> Like I said before, document the baby steps and look out when she begins running.

eg8r

eg8r
02-16-2007, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is not so clear cut as some may assume. <hr /></blockquote> Just like PlameGate, but you sure jumped on the bandwagon pretty quick and placed blame immeadiately. Heck I am pretty sure you even stated you had proof. Well, I had a chuckle at your expense then, and with your waffling back and forth now, I might partake again.

eg8r

eg8r
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And what makes it worse, after all the crying about how the Bush administration panders to "big business", how can anyone with half a brain try to say this is different??????????????
<hr /></blockquote> She is a Corporate Facist Pig and Gayle is her megaphone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Ed, what might work in Ala where Deeman is now forced to pay the new min wage, just might not work in Samoa, completely different dynamics driving the economy there.
I'm wondering how many corporations, HQ'd in the Red States, are just outsourcing to foreign companies,thus avoiding the wage controversy altogether?
I don't see Q 'waffling"....he understands the "exemption' for Samoa....but agrees it should have been openly discussed.......

eg8r
02-16-2007, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Q, thanks!...you came up with the facts I was trying to find concerning Samoa, and the impact of a min wage there. <hr /></blockquote> Minimum wage hikes affects every company that is forced to pay them. There is absolutely no reason some kid bagging groceries should be making $7.15/hr. That is highway robbery. The labor costs are prime examples given by companies who leave the US in search of cheaper labor. You guys blast the companies that do this, however you want to give the Samoas a free ride because Pelosi is the one who cheated.

These tuna companies are the same Corporate Facist Pigs that Gayle is always talking about. Don't you think one reason why they like using the labor in Samoa is because of the low rate? It surely is not because they feel sorry for the Samoas and want to make sure they have a job.

eg8r

eg8r
02-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Just trying to point out how the rules are changed when it is your guy in office.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Ed, Nancy would not have been involved in this controversy, had she had friends like Jack Abramoff. She'd have her big jumbo jet courtesy of Jack and "friends" free!!....well, they might expect a few "courtesies" to show her appreciation!!!
I forgot how to spell Abramoff....so I googled "disgraced Republicans"....must be thousands of them, I got as far as page 20, and gave up...anway you see one lying, cheating Republican....you've seen them all.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
02-16-2007, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, Nancy would not have been involved in this controversy, had she had friends like Jack Abramoff. <hr /></blockquote> She has tons of tuna money friends, I am sure they have offered her everything under the sun (or she is just paying back old favors) either way, it is ridiculous to think she does not have friends like Abramoff.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-16-2007, 08:29 PM
This is a riot. Bush is sending our troops into war without proper equipment, without abiding by Armmy standards, without full training, and without time off for rest, redeploying the same poor souls, over and over, into a civil war, for which he was never given permissions to send them into, and not once have I read a single post by the right, critical of what he is doing to our troops. They see no difference between lies that kill, and a Universal, age old lie that would be the standard answer for any president. They don't know the difference between a fetus and a baby, or a chronic vicious lie, and a gentleman's lie. They are unaffected when the President does not respond to the drowning masses, does not keep his word to fire those who were involved in the Plame outing, which put at risk who knows how many of Valarie Plames connected operatives in Europe, at risk of death, as stated by the Special Prosecutor, no problem when the president and his top three appointed officials use fear and intentional lies to rush our troops into harms way, and then lie about their circumstances after completely failing to give them protection throughout the war, and no problem when the Vice President tells another elected official, on camera, in the People's House, to get f.ed, and no problem seeing the wealth of the President and Vice President tripple from their own war profiteering, while our troops continue to insure their bottom line, and that of their cronies, with their blood, lives, brains, limbs, and eyes. The right on this board are furious because they lost the election, the Democrats have completed their agenda, and no less than 17 Republicans, the majority from the conservative states, have voted against George Bush's phoney New Way Forward, aka, S.O.S., D.D.

The question is, why should we care what they, and you know the they I mean, think, given their thinking ability is so obviously compromised, dire and degrading, at best?

They have no good candidates for the next election. One mentally, emotionally challenged hot head, that even the Republicans on the Hill can't stand, a flip flopper to end all flip flops who belongs to a church known for paligamy and pedofelia, and a former mayor who did atleast clean up NYC, but has been married four times, has lived with one of their own dreaded homosexuals, and tried to kick his wife and kids out of their home when he left her, after screwing his secretary for years! Is it any wonder they are so militant, rude and stuck in denial? LMAO....Republicans are about to get just what they deserve, nothing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-16-2007, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a riot. Bush is sending our troops into war without proper equipment, without abiding by Armmy standards, without full training, and without time off for rest, redeploying the same poor souls, over and over, <hr /></blockquote> No training, yet they are redeployed over and over? If there is no training going on then what are they doing over there while on duty in the middle of a war? They are trained.

eg8r

pooltchr
02-17-2007, 06:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> This is a riot. Bush is sending our troops into war without proper equipment, without abiding by Armmy standards, without full training, and without time off for rest, redeploying the same poor souls, over and over, into a civil war, for which he was never given permissions to send them into, and not once have I read a single post by the right, critical of what he is doing to our troops. They see no difference between lies that kill, and a Universal, age old lie that would be the standard answer for any president. They don't know the difference between a fetus and a baby, or a chronic vicious lie, and a gentleman's lie. They are unaffected when the President does not respond to the drowning masses, does not keep his word to fire those who were involved in the Plame outing, which put at risk who knows how many of Valarie Plames connected operatives in Europe, at risk of death, as stated by the Special Prosecutor, no problem when the president and his top three appointed officials use fear and intentional lies to rush our troops into harms way, and then lie about their circumstances after completely failing to give them protection throughout the war, and no problem when the Vice President tells another elected official, on camera, in the People's House, to get f.ed, and no problem seeing the wealth of the President and Vice President tripple from their own war profiteering, while our troops continue to insure their bottom line, and that of their cronies, with their blood, lives, brains, limbs, and eyes. The right on this board are furious because they lost the election, the Democrats have completed their agenda, and no less than 17 Republicans, the majority from the conservative states, have voted against George Bush's phoney New Way Forward, aka, S.O.S., D.D.

The question is, why should we care what they, and you know the they I mean, think, given their thinking ability is so obviously compromised, dire and degrading, at best?

They have no good candidates for the next election. One mentally, emotionally challenged hot head, that even the Republicans on the Hill can't stand, a flip flopper to end all flip flops who belongs to a church known for paligamy and pedofelia, and a former mayor who did atleast clean up NYC, but has been married four times, has lived with one of their own dreaded homosexuals, and tried to kick his wife and kids out of their home when he left her, after screwing his secretary for years! Is it any wonder they are so militant, rude and stuck in denial? LMAO....Republicans are about to get just what they deserve, nothing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

<hr /></blockquote>
Another bait and switch post from the left. If you can't defend what your side is doing, attack the other side.
Just in case you missed it, the discussion was about madam speaker and her inability to follow through with her campaing promise to give us "honest" government.
Steve

Qtec
02-18-2007, 03:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Maybe this is not so clear cut as some may assume. <hr /></blockquote> Just like PlameGate, but you sure jumped on the bandwagon pretty quick and placed blame immeadiately. Heck I am pretty sure you even stated you had proof. Well, I had a chuckle at your expense then, and with your waffling back and forth now, I might partake again.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Pelosi is not guilty of favouritism but the RW press and the Reps are guilty of deception.
The Truth.
web page (http://mediamatters.org/items/200701230008)

[ QUOTE ]
Media allowed to stand suggestion that Pelosi support for minimum wage bill stems from company in her district

In the days following House passage of a Democratic minimum wage increase, media outlets have continued to report Republican accusations that the bill, the Fair Minimum Wage Act, caters to a company in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) district because it does not include a wage hike for American Samoa. These stories point out that Del Monte Corp., which is headquartered in Pelosi's district, owns one of American Samoa's largest employers, StarKist. But in reporting the accusation, many in the media have allowed to stand the suggestion that Pelosi's support of this bill stems from Del Monte's interest. In fact, Pelosi has supported several versions of the Fair Minimum Wage Act since it was introduced by Democrats in 1999, three years before Del Monte bought StarKist, and each has included a wage hike for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands but not for American Samoa.

Pelosi was a co-sponsor of the Fair Minimum Wage Act of 1999 and co-sponsored subsequent versions of the bill, introduced in 2001, 2003 and 2005. Versions of the Fair Minimum Wage Act were also introduced in 2002 and 2004, but Pelosi was not a co-sponsor of these bills. The Fair Minimum Wage Act of 2007 passed the House 315-116 on January 10.

Republican House members also introduced minimum wage proposals in 2005 and 2006 that included a wage hike for the Northern Mariana Islands but not for American Samoa.

<hr /></blockquote>

Fox etc insinuated that Am Samoa/Del Monte had been exempted from this bill when in fact they were NEVER included in it.
The accusation that P slipped this exemption into the bill hoping that no-one would notice just a lie.
This is typical dis-info from the Rep smear machine and some are taken in by it. Some like yourself help them by spreading this Hogwash round the web.

Q

Washington Times also advanced the false suggestion that Pelosi took campaign contributions from Del Monte, when in fact, she did not receive any money from the company.

The following media outlets reported the Republican accusations but did not report that each version of the Fair Minimum Wage Act exempted American Samoa:

The Washington Times on January 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, and 23
CNN's The Situation Room on January 12
CNN's Lou Dobbs Tonight on January 12 and Lou Dobbs This Week on January 13
Fox News' Hannity &amp; Colmes on January 12 and 16
Fox News' Special Report with Brit Hume on January 12
Fox News' The Big Story with John Gibson on January 12
The New York Post on January 13
The Associated Press on January 13
The Wall Street Journal (editorial) on January 16
Fox News' Fox &amp; Friends on January 23

eg8r
02-18-2007, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In fact, Pelosi has supported several versions of the Fair Minimum Wage Act since it was introduced by Democrats in 1999, three years before Del Monte bought StarKist, and each has included a wage hike for the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands but not for American Samoa.
<hr /></blockquote> Yes, I saw this before also. Can't you just see the big smile on her face when she started getting the kick backs.

[ QUOTE ]
Republican House members also introduced minimum wage proposals in 2005 and 2006 that included a wage hike for the Northern Mariana Islands but not for American Samoa. <hr /></blockquote> Two wrongs don't make a right do they? When will you grow up and accept some responsibility? A discussion with you is like talking to a brick wall. Pelosi said she was going to "do the right thing". Well she didn't, and now we are pointing it out each time she fails. Hopefully she will quit trying to prove herself wrong and actually DO some good instead of lying about the INTENT of doing good.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-18-2007, 01:13 PM
I think Nancy should get her jumbo jet because....as every woman knows.......
bigger is better!!

wolfdancer
02-18-2007, 01:41 PM
"Two wrongs don't make a right do they? When will you grow up and accept some responsibility? A discussion with you is like talking to a brick wall"

Surely, you can't be serious......?
that comment to Q's post makes absolutely no sense.....and wasn't it you that kept comparing any, and every of the Bush lies to Bill Clinton's...to try to ameliorate them?
Once again, you reply to facts...with conjecture and trite insults.....it's getting old...I wonder why I bother reading ,or even worse, waste my time....responding to your posts??
(There goes another 5 minutes of my life, down the drain....)

Gayle in MD
02-18-2007, 01:48 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r
02-18-2007, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that comment to Q's post makes absolutely no sense.....and wasn't it you that kept comparing any, and every of the Bush lies to Bill Clinton's...to try to ameliorate them?
<hr /></blockquote> This is an example of why I always ask you guys to re-read what I typed. I have never said it was OK for W to screw up because Clinton did also. This is what Q and Gayle are doing. I always try to make the point that you should not be throwing stones while living in a glass house. The difference here is that we have a Dem that is screwing up and I am asking where the responsibility went when she boldly stated she would do the right thing. 100 hours is exactly how long it took her to screw up and lie to everyone.

Besides all that, I am not the one that lied to America and took only 100 hours to let them in on the lie. Pelosi is lucky because she has your eyes on W's faults so you will give her a free pass.

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, you reply to facts...with conjecture and trite insults.....it's getting old <hr /></blockquote> Get over yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder why I bother reading ,or even worse, waste my time....responding to your posts??
<hr /></blockquote> You do it because you just cannot get enough of me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
02-18-2007, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I saw this before also. Can't you just see the big smile on her face when she started getting the kick backs. <hr /></blockquote>

???????? What kick-backs? Why would Del Monte pay kick-backs when Pelosi hasn't done anything for them? Do you have any proof ?
You obviously didn't understand my post because I thought it was quite clear that Am Samoa were NEVER included in this Bill-neither by the Dems or the Reps!.
You are condeming P for not implimenting a Min wage - which you are against-on an Island in the middle of the Pacific.[ 1,000s of miles away from mainland America!?]

[ QUOTE ]
A discussion with you is like talking to a brick wall. <hr /></blockquote>
DITTO! I give you hard evidence, you give me waffle! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Pelosi has raised the wages of millions in America. Something that GW didn't do in the last 7 years! Imagine what a boost to the economy this will mean. Instead of billions in tax breaks for the already wealthy going into banks and hedge funds, this money will be spent. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It gets pretty tiring when everytime I shoot you down you try and change the goalposts. You never stick to the point.
Why can't you just admit that this is storm in a teecup and that you were fooled into believing that Pelosi exempted Am Samoa just to benefit Del Monte?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
02-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks Wolf. Sometimes I doubt my sanity conversing with Ed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Why can't he see the obvious, even when the evidence is presented on a platter before him.?
From the same link [ because I,m sure he missed it.

[ QUOTE ]
The most recent examples of media reports on this issue were in the January 23 edition of The Washington Times and on the January 23 edition of Fox News' Fox &amp; Friends. The Washington Times reported that Republicans were calling the American Samoa exemption a "fishy favor":

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters less than two weeks ago that she would close the loophole after coming under criticism from Republicans for what they termed a "fishy favor" to StarKist Tuna. StarKist has lobbied for years against raising the minimum wage in American Samoa, and its parent, Del Monte Corp., is based in Mrs. Pelosi's San Francisco district.

Fox &amp; Friends also ran a story on the issue, during which on-screen text read "Fishy Favors."

From the January 23 edition Fox News' Fox &amp; Friends:

STEVE DOOCY (co-host): She [Pelosi] pledged to raise the minimum wage and in fact the Democratic-controlled congress did pass that in their 100 Hours, but as we told you on this program, there was an exemption. And that was the fact that American Samoa would not have to pay their tuna processors more than their current $3.26. Now why American Samoa? Could it be the fact that in her home district is Del Monte, which of course, cans StarKist tuna.

<hr /></blockquote>

If educated people like Ed are already believing this $hit, what chance do ordinary people have of getting the truth. Knowing whats real and what isn't. At least questioning.
First we had the Obama is a terrorist story- leaked by Hilliray no less!- now we have the phantom exemtion and it all comes thru Fox.
Q...enough.

wolfdancer
02-18-2007, 10:32 PM
"This is an example of why I always ask you guys to re-read what I typed......."
and why we ask you to just r-e-a-d our replies. I never said you used Clinton to excuse George. but you were trying to make Bill look as bad as GW...a daunting task
Seems to be though, that you are a little too eager to find some dirt about Nancy....a "Rush(Limbough) to judgement" on your part. Try reading past the headlines...or try another news channel besides Fox. you might experience some withdrawel symptoms, over missing your daily dose of O'Reilly.....but even Winston Smith got over the BB broadcasts /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pooltchr
02-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Q,
If the Dems were truely concerned with the minimum wage, they would have indexed ti back when BC had a Dem controlled congress. That way, as the cost of living goes up, the minimum wage would go up accordingly.
The fact is, the Dem's like having this issue out there to use as a political football. They can pass an increase, and then pat themselves on the back and tell the voters how they have helped them.
If they had done it the right way, the "poor working class" would be taken care of, but the Dems would lose the ability to bestow a raise to the bag boys and hamburger flippers in the country every few years.
The fact of the matter is, NOTHING happens in Washington without political consideration.
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Tap Tap Tap!!

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Seems to be though, that you are a little too eager to find some dirt about Nancy....a "Rush(Limbough) to judgement" on your part. Try reading past the headlines...or try another news channel besides Fox. you might experience some withdrawel symptoms, over missing your daily dose of O'Reilly.....but even Winston Smith got over the BB broadcasts

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Big reason why we're in the mess we're in. Too many Americans are too apthetic about what's happening in this country, and to our troops, and too partisan to even look for facts. The most insulting righties on this board, are the least informed. Their posts are moot, and filled with false statements. The only way they know how to try to make a point, is by clouding the main issue with information which has no connection to the original discussion, ir by refusing to acknowledge that you've already answered their opposing statement, or question. Even when you provide the links, and proof of what you're writing about, straight from government documents, they prove that they don't read your post, have no real interest in the truth, and post only in the interest of their hobby, insulting those who "Get it", as Mov's would say, twisting the truth, total denial of reality. Example, what connection is there between Rice's lies, her many fruitless M.E. trips which have accomplished nothing of value, her failure to respond to warnings about the 9/11 impending terrorist attack, and her resulting lies to deny her failures, and her educational background. No Connection.

The Dems pass the minimum wage after republicans blocked it for six years, but they didn't do it to the satisfaction of the right, according to some right wing posters, /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif The Right wing MO is all about going back ten to twenty years to find some unrelated fault with Democrats in order to justify this failing administration. Again, moot point.

The fact is, they will continue to nit pick now that Democrats are in power, albeit barely in power, but no notice of the on going republican cowards who try to block the opportunity to even have the long overdue Iraq War discussions, in front of the camera, regardless of the war sentiment loudly stated by American Voters. The majority of voters are fed up with George Bush, this insane war, its devastating consequences, the big spender pork barrel/convicts they voted for, the on-going deceit and slander from the republican party, and their smear machine, so the liberal haters have nothing to fall back on but more lies, more insults, and more denial. won't work. Iraq, belongs to them. We all know that, despite their incessant denials.

SOSDD

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-19-2007, 12:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Too many Americans are too apthetic about what's happening in this country, and to our troops, and too partisan to even look for facts. <font color="red">I agree. Kinda like deciding to vote against every Republican because someone doesn't agree with the actions of a few... </font color> The most insulting righties on this board, are the least informed. <font color="red"> Do I count as being one of the most insulting righties????? </font color> Their posts are moot, and filled with false statements. <font color="red"> We learned from a pro! Thanks for all your guidance! </font color> The only way they know how to try to make a point, is by clouding the main issue with information which has no connection to the original discussion, <font color="red"> AKA The Gayle method of posting </font color> ir by refusing to acknowledge that you've already answered their opposing statement, or question. Even when you provide the links, and proof of what you're writing about, straight from government documents, they prove that they don't read your post, have no real interest in the truth, and post only in the interest of their hobby, insulting those who "Get it", as Mov's would say, twisting the truth, total denial of reality. <font color="red"> How is it that you can see this in everyone's comments except your own??? </font color> Example, what connection is there between Rice's lies, her many fruitless M.E. trips which have accomplished nothing of value, her failure to respond to warnings about the 9/11 impending terrorist attack, and her resulting lies to deny her failures, and her educational background. No Connection.

The Dems pass the minimum wage after republicans blocked it for six years, but they didn't do it to the satisfaction of the right, according to some right wing posters, /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="red"> Let me "unconfuse you...I don't think a minimum wage is a good idea, but I really don't think that one that is not applied across the board is a good idea either. And if the left was really concerned about the issue, they could have handled it once and for all. They like having the issue come up every few years. </font color> The Right wing MO is all about going back ten to twenty years to find some unrelated fault with Democrats in order to justify this failing administration. Again, moot point. <font color="red"> And the left wing MO is to ignore the issues and attack the Republicans </font color>

The fact is, they will continue to nit pick now that Democrats are in power, <font color="red"> Oh...and you haven't been picking nits for the past 6 years???? </font color> albeit barely in power, but no notice of the on going republican cowards who try to block the opportunity to even have the long overdue Iraq War discussions, in front of the camera, regardless of the war sentiment loudly stated by American Voters. <font color="red"> Yawn... </font color> The majority of voters are fed up with George Bush, this insane war, its devastating consequences, the big spender pork barrel/convicts they voted for, the on-going deceit and slander from the republican party, and their smear machine, so the liberal haters have nothing to fall back on but more lies, more insults, and more denial. won't work. <font color="red"> Lies and insults??? When it comes to insults, we don't hold a candle to you. </font color> Iraq, belongs to them. We all know that, despite their incessant denials.

SOSDD
<font color="red"> This is what I think when I read most of your posts. </font color>

eg8r
02-19-2007, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are condeming P for not implimenting a Min wage - which you are against-on an Island in the middle of the Pacific.[ 1,000s of miles away from mainland America!?] <hr /></blockquote> Just trying to show you it is tougher to stick to your word than you think. Pelosi thought everything would be easy she would just "do the right thing". Ooops, 100 hours is all it took to fall off the wagon.

[ QUOTE ]
Imagine what a boost to the economy this will mean. <hr /></blockquote> What a boost. The cost of goods will go up to cover the increase in costs. If we sit around and wait maybe Pelosi will successfully raise taxes also.

eg8r

eg8r
02-19-2007, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never said you used Clinton to excuse George. but you were trying to make Bill look as bad as GW...a daunting task
<hr /></blockquote> I just don't think I can say it any more times, I am just talking to a brick wall here. A lie is a lie is a lie. I don't place weights or show one is more of a liar than another. You are the ones that are trying to say W is the worst ever, you are the ones putting weights on issues. I am not interested in sugar coating the problems like you are. I like to boldy state there was a lie. Gayle likes to say it was a memory malfunction, until jail is imminent and then the memory gets better. Sorry I don't buy your BS, it was a lie.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems to be though, that you are a little too eager to find some dirt about Nancy <hr /></blockquote> How could it even remotely look like I was "eager". She did not even give us much time to look for something. 100 hours is all it took for her stumble. We were all ready to sit back and watch for a while, but then all of sudden her free plane is not big enough. Give me a break.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Too many Americans are too apthetic about what's happening in this country, and to our troops, and too partisan to even look for facts.

I agree. Kinda like deciding to vote against every Republican because someone doesn't agree with the actions of a few...

I voted against Republicans, not only because I don't support their agenda, but also because I believed there was nothing more important than removing their majority. Apparently, most other voters felt as I did, hence, the bad performance of Bush, and the Republican majority, cost them the election. Those who voted Republican, in spite of the mess they have put us in, and their many indictments, and gross overspending, have their own reasons, I'm sure, not very logical ones unless rewarding bad behavior in spite of the facts is your forte'

The most insulting righties on this board, are the least informed. Do I count as being one of the most insulting righties?????
Your proving my point with this post.

Their posts are moot, and filled with false statements. We learned from a pro! Thanks for all your guidance!
Hey, anytime you want proof, just ask, and I'll give you the link. I'd appreciate the same from you, but alas, that has yet to be seen.

The only way they know how to try to make a point, is by clouding the main issue with information which has no connection to the original discussion, AKA The Gayle method of posting ir by refusing to acknowledge that you've already answered their opposing statement, or question. Even when you provide the links, and proof of what you're writing about, straight from government documents, they prove that they don't read your post, have no real interest in the truth, and post only in the interest of their hobby, insulting those who "Get it", as Mov's would say, twisting the truth, total denial of reality. How is it that you can see this in everyone's comments except your own??? I back my statements here with more than just a suggestion to go google, How bout you? Example, what connection is there between Rice's lies, her many fruitless M.E. trips which have accomplished nothing of value, her failure to respond to warnings about the 9/11 impending terrorist attack, and her resulting lies to deny her failures, and her educational background. No Connection.

The Dems pass the minimum wage after republicans blocked it for six years, but they didn't do it to the satisfaction of the right, according to some right wing posters, Let me "unconfuse you...I don't think a minimum wage is a good idea, but I really don't think that one that is not applied across the board is a good idea either. Really, does that mean you're confused? And if the left was really concerned about the issue, they could have handled it once and for all. They did handle it, they raised the minimum wage. They like having the issue come up every few years. Oh really, you spoke with them about this I'm sure. The Right wing MO is all about going back ten to twenty years to find some unrelated fault with Democrats in order to justify this failing administration. Again, moot point. And the left wing MO is to ignore the issues and attack the Republicans The Republicans are the issue, when they are the ones who made the mess.

The fact is, they will continue to nit pick now that Democrats are in power, Oh...and you haven't been picking nits for the past 6 years????
You call lies that send our troops in harm's way, huge deficits, a broken army, and pork spending, corruption, missing billions, and war profiteering, nit picking? I call impeaching a president for a private act that had nothing to do with running the government, and does not fall in line with Constitutional requirements, or rise to the level of impeachment, just one more example of how the right is always sticking their collective nose into private, personal matters, and tearing the country apart, over nothing, nit picking. Clinton remained in office, proof that his failing did not rise to the level of an impeachable offense. Bush, OTOH, has been impeached weekly for more new lies, over and over, in committee hearings, by both republicans and democrats. You can't see the difference. Come to Washington, I'll take you to Walter Reed, where you will see the difference for yourself, then maybe you'll get it.

albeit barely in power, but no notice of the on going republican cowards who try to block the opportunity to even have the long overdue Iraq War discussions, in front of the camera, regardless of the war sentiment loudly stated by American Voters. Yawn... The majority of voters are fed up with George Bush, this insane war, its devastating consequences, the big spender pork barrel/convicts some voted for, the on-going deceit and slander from the republican party, and their smear machine, so the liberal haters have nothing to fall back on but more lies, more insults, and more denial. won't work. Lies and insults??? When it comes to insults, we don't hold a candle to you. Proving my point again. Iraq, belongs to them. We all know that, despite their incessant denials.

SOSDD
This is what I think when I read most of your posts.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ....As I have suggested many times, don't read them, then.

wolfdancer
02-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Ed, lighten up....your hatred of the left, is going to but you some ulcers before you hit 40.
I've never denied that Bill lied....just don't understand why Congress had the right to ask him the question.
It's a moot point now...not even worth discussing.
You have a completely different take though, on this Pelosi/chicken of the sea/Samoa "thing" than I do, or that Qtec does.
I've belonged to many Unions, sat in on contract negotions as a shop steward, and presently get a union pension. I'm all for workers getting a fair share of the profits.
Given the particular circumstances in Samoa....I'd have liked to see the min wage imposed in steps over time....and not just a blanket exemption.....I'd hate to just see the company pull out of there, as the loss of that many jobs would be devasting to their economy.
Your "take" on the situation is clouded by your hatred..IMHO.
Maybe you would prefer outsourcing to a foreign nation, as the many corps hq'd in your beloved red states already do
(what min wage?..in India?)
You know, of all the right wingers on this board...you're the most mean spirited...it especially shows up in your stalking type replies to Gayle.
It doesn't bother me that much...as your replies are so often "off the mark".....as Q wrote...."how can someone that smart...be that...."
It gets to Gayle though....you must be proud!!!!

wolfdancer
02-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Gayle, you are wasting your time here trying to reason with Steve and Ed.
I have a new theory.....that GWB is a relative of Lamont Cranston, the Shadow, and shares the strange and mysterious secret that Lamont learned years ago in the Orient--the hypnotic power to cloud men's minds so they cannot see ....
http://sooner-shadow.tripod.com/sooner_shadows_otr003018.jpg

Gayle in MD
02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
No question they're a waste of time. Too bad they don't just scroll by. This, is something worth bothering about, unlike this BS about how many gallons does a jet use...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/19/world/middleeast/19cnd-iraq.html?_r=1&amp;oref=slogin

By MARC SANTORA
Published: February 19, 2007
BAGHDAD, Feb. 19 — In a coordinated assault on an American combat outpost north of Baghdad, suicide bombers drove three cars filled with explosives into the base today, killing two American soldiers and wounding at least 17 more, witnesses and the American military said.

Skip to next paragraph
Reach of War
Go to Complete Coverage » The brazen and highly unusual attack, which was followed by fierce gun battles and a daring evacuation of the wounded Americans by helicopters, came on a day of violence across the country that left more than 40 people dead in shootings, suicide bombings, mortar attacks and roadside explosions.

The violence was directed at civilians, Americans and the Iraqi security forces.

As American and Iraqi troops flood the streets of Baghdad in an attempt to stem the bloodshed, and thousands more Marines head out to the Sunni Arab heartland west of the city in Anbar Province, American and Iraqi military officials are concerned that militants will simply try to move to areas where the troop presence remains thin.

There is already evidence that Shiite militia leaders are either heading to strongholds in the south and, the officers said, Sunni militants are likely to adopt a similar strategy.

But unlike the Shiite militias, there is little evidence that the Sunni militants will simply try to wait for the security crackdown to subside. In addition to the assault on the American base, the militants struck at Iraqi security forces near Kirkuk and Ramadi today and attacked civilians near Falluja.

A family of 13 was slaughtered on the road to Falluja, about 12 miles northwest of Baghdad, because they were from a tribe known to oppose the actions of Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, according to witnesses. The family, including an elderly woman and two small boys, was dragged out of an Akia minibus, lined up in the middle of the road and shot. The executions took place in full view of others on the road, where traffic was stopped, witnesses said.

The family’s bodies remained on the highway for hours because people were afraid they would be ambushed if they collected the dead, witnesses said.

The assault on the American base, located in the heart of the town of Tarmyia, was unusual because militants have largely avoided direct attacks on heavily fortified American positions, although there have been scattered attacks by suicide bombers on American bases in the past four years.

Militants have mainly attacked American bases by firing mortar rounds from a distance, using snipers to wait for targets of opportunity or planting improvised explosive devices on the roads that are frequently used by American vehicles.

The posts of the Iraqi police and army, on the other hand, have come under similar assaults more frequently.

As American troops move into small combat outposts throughout Baghdad for the first time since the early months after the invasion in 2003, today's attack underscored the inherent risks in the Bush administration's new security strategy.

This is something to cry about, the right doesn't
want to talk about the lies that led to THIS tragedy, though. As usual, their focus is on the nit picking moot points. One more example of what happens when Bush refuses to listen, and remains in his usual state of denial about likely consequences. Too bad, he isn't the one who pays the ultimate price.

wolfdancer
02-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Even George Bush senior knew the dangers of fighting an insurgancy war. The French found that out in Viet-Nam...we didn't learn from them, and it took us 10 years....before we gave up there.
This has all the ear-markings of another 10 year war...without a victory.....

pooltchr
02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Even George Bush senior knew the dangers of fighting an insurgancy war. The French found that out in Viet-Nam...we didn't learn from them, and it took us 10 years....before we gave up there.
This has all the ear-markings of another 10 year war...without a victory..... <hr /></blockquote>

I wouldn't worry too much. Maybe your democrats can get enough control in Washington to impliment a cut and run strategy. Then we won't have to deal with them any more. The rest of the world will love us again. (or at least love all the money we send to them)
Please excuse me while I go bury my head in the sand so I don't have to think about the rest of the world.
Besides...my hero and worlds most politically incorrect government agent, Jack Bauer is coming on in a few minutes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

eg8r
02-19-2007, 06:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your "take" on the situation is clouded by your hatred..IMHO. <hr /></blockquote> Your take is miscontrued. At this point there is no hatred. You see, I am merely pointing out the faults as they arise. I don't really care about whether you or Q recognize the economic conditions in AS it is a moot point. What is at stake here is Pelosi's word and that is worth nothing at this point.

Don't cloud your thinking with the same hate you accuse me of, it is just a fabrication of your biased viewpoint. Understand that after going through 6 years of BS from the left and hearing about how corrupt the Right is, you had better hold on for the ride while the Left is in control. I am quite interested in seeing each slip of the left and mentioning it here. Don't confuse this with me wanting to see them slip, that is not the intent. The intent is to show you the hypocrisy of the outspoken left.

eg8r

eg8r
02-19-2007, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
unlike this BS about how many gallons does a jet use...
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, I agree we should not have to worry about the jet fuel, but since the left has fabricated this lie about human intervention causing global warming we are forced to bring it up when you abuse it.

I also think it is pretty sick that the left continues to trumpet the idea that W was leaving the poor behind and obliterating the middle class, but they are all too willing to step all over the people of the American Samoa since it fulfills their purpose of getting new votes and securing current votes. You see, the main reason why they did not push the wage hike in AS is because the left has no intent on solving any of the (perceived) wage problems, their desire is to hook the people and string them along to each election. The poor people of AS are making less than $4/hr and the left does not care about them enough to give them a little wage hike. Q and wolfdancer pass around this lie that the left cares about the economy of the island and they don't want the companies to leave the islands. Well, what about all the companies that have left the US because of high wages. The left blames them of corporate greed, but in this case the left witholds that venom and talks about the economy of which they don't care enough to give a little wage hike. What a joke.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Ed, that's about the dumbest post that you wrote....I think you may be "losing it"... tells me that any discussion with you is a complete waste.
"Left this, left that".....and denial of any human contribution to Global warming....and then you have the f****g audacity to pretend you care about wages for people in Samoa? or, for that matter, anybody struggling to get by in low paying jobs? If it was up to you, you'd have armed guards at the hospitals to keep them from getting any medical care, since they can't afford ins.
Your real problem though is trying to lay all these negative attributes on anybody that didn't vote Republican, and buy into the Bush agenda.
well let me put you on the ignore list........

pooltchr
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Wolf,
Actually, Ed's post was right on point. He's simply pointing out that there is no political gain to be had by the Dems for raising the minimum wage in AZ, while they expect to gain the favor of the unskilled labor force by passing it in this country. But his point doesn't seem to be in that area, so much as the fact that NP and her friends only seem to be playing politics. If they were really concerned, there wouldn't be any exemptions at all. If a higher minimum wage is a good thing for some, it stands to reason it would be a good thing for all. Conversly, if it's bad for the economy in AS, it's probably not the best thing for the economy here.

If the guy at the window at McDonalds costs the store more, the price of a burger and fries will go up for all of us, including that minimum wage employee. He is also going to pay more at the grocery store, because they have to pay the bag boy a higher wage. And the cost of movie tickets goes up to pay for the kid in the ticket window. It becomes a vicious cycle. The government forces cost increases for business, business charges more for their services to cover the costs, and we all (poor, middle class, whatever) end up paying for it in the end. So we all end up eating tuna fish sandwiches because Con-Agra is the one company not affected by the law. Businesses will find a way to cut costs any way they can. Maybe that's why Ford is making cars in Mexico! They can't afford to pay all those union workers $30/hr in Detroit.
If we could only learn that the free enteprise system will work only when nobody is trying to manipulate it, our economy could get back on track. Every time the government steps in, things get screwed up!
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-20-2007, 03:57 AM
The Russians went into Afghanistan with 150,000, got smashed, and their economy crashing by the time they left. What kind of dummy would follow that with a mere thirty to forty thousand?

The tragedy of Iraq, more than enything else, is that our greatest nuclear threat is al Qaeda. Bush has tried since going into Iraq to frame Iraq as the War On Terror, though there are few alQaeda, compared to their existing safe haven in Pakistan and Afghanistan, where they truly are training and sending recruits, such as the terrorists the British cuaght in England, and the relatively few who train there, and then travel across the open borders to kill our troops in Iraq. Bush and Cheney put oil profits and Corporate supporters ahead of making our country safer, by neglecting our greatest nuclear threat, al Qaeda. Iraq has been a no win situation all along. If you can't secure the capital of a country in over three years, any idiot would know that realistic options are either overwhelming force, which is now no longer available, or redeployment, to the perripheral. Meantime, our truly determined enemy, has grown stronger. As Michael Schauar, our former CIA bin Laden chief said last night on Oberman's show, al Qaeda is our greatest nuclear threat, Iran wouldn't attack us here, unless they were pushed into it, Iraq was contained, and would have remained so, acording to our best intelligence, but al Qaeda, which has regrouped in Pakistan and Afghanistan and strengthened in power, money and numbers, is now our most pressing nuclear threat. Too bad, Bush has completely neglected their existing training grounds in Pakistan and Afghanistan, in the interest of Halliburton's secret deals for drilling rights in Iraq, his legacy, and his grudge over Saddam's attempted assination of his Dad. His policies have put this country at the greatest risk we have faced since Cuba, but this time, there will be no country against which we can retaliate.

It is unfortunate that there are people in this country who are so ignorant they deny global warming, and it's connection to the burning of fossil fuels and results of worldwide overpopulation, and the resulting human impact on the environment, though over 90 percent of Scientists agree on this. They are the same uninformed element, unaware of the economic facts as regards this administration's re-distribution of wealth upwards, and failure to address the cheap labor, corporate greed, and trade deficits which have increased our numbers living in poverty, and burdened our middle class, and upper middle class. It is a fact that the states which have raised the minimum wage, on their own, have also shown good economic results for having done so. Facts, unfortunately, do not penetrate their imeducated and emotional approach to these issues.
Gayle in Md.

eg8r
02-20-2007, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your real problem though is trying to lay all these negative attributes on anybody that didn't vote Republican, and buy into the Bush agenda.
<hr /></blockquote> I am not laying any negatives on those who did not vote Republican. I find it comical that anyone would ever think Gore or Kerry would have done a better job.

A little self-responsibility has always been a thorn in the libs side.

eg8r

eg8r
02-20-2007, 05:40 AM
Let's say, I have had a complete change of heart and I now believe every word you speak here on the board. I no longer believe your sources are completely biased and agree all your experts are second to none. So, with this new revelation, I am reading through your post and I get to this quote... [ QUOTE ]
Iraq was contained, and would have remained so, acording to our best intelligence, <hr /></blockquote> This is the same intelligence that has been telling us for decades that Iraq was a threat. This is the same intelligence that had Clinton and Albright quivering in their boots. Why was the intelligence trash when W used it but omniscient now that your guy is using it? Just an honest question from someone who "might" have tried to jump ship but was called back due to more conflicting "facts" on the other side.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-20-2007, 06:02 AM
Ed, I am done with you. For one thing, I have already answered this question. For another, contrarty to what some may think, or accuse, I do not like nasty, childish, posting methods. I resort to them myself on occasion, but that is greatly because of YOUR presence here. I blame YOU, more than anyone else who posts here for the unpleasantness on this board. You happened to show up here after my usual summer break from the board, and the entire flavor of this board changed with your arrival. You are rude, and uninformed, and I will not be posting any responses to you in the future, regardless of what false information you post, or how rude you are. I am DONE with you, for good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

eg8r
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not like nasty, childish, posting methods. I resort to them myself on occasion, but that is greatly because of YOUR presence here. I blame YOU <hr /></blockquote> That's right, it is never your problem.

[ QUOTE ]
You happened to show up here after my usual summer break from the board, and the entire flavor of this board changed with your arrival. <hr /></blockquote> LOL, I happened to show up here after your summer break? I have been here since at least 98, so I did not happen to show up any of the times you decided to come around. Now, for the flavor of the board changing, I don't know what to say other than it is easily evident that you don't like it when someone calls out your twisted, exaggerated "facts", so I can appreciate you not liking the flavor of the board. However, none of this matters, you are unwilling to accept a little responsiblity for your actions so what should it matter.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-20-2007, 01:42 PM
As in "stick a fork in him, he's done"?
Can't say as I blame you.....we been arguing politics here to no avail,ever since GWB turned the Oval Office, into the offal office.
(My final comment on politics here?)

Gayle in MD
02-20-2007, 02:30 PM
I am done...will never respond to his lies and nastiness again. If I post here at all, it will be strictly with people who do not have to resort to insults and lies.

Love,

Gayle /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif