PDA

View Full Version : Ana Nicole Smith Dead

FatsRedux
02-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Ana Nicole Smith collapsed and died in her hotel room at The Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood FL. Police are not treating her death as a crime at this time.

Fats

pooltchr
02-08-2007, 04:18 PM
While I feel sympathy for her family, I really don't understand why this is such a huge news story. The woman was famous for wearing blue jeans in commercials, and marrying a rich 90 year old man. I guess it must have been all she did to fight global warming! She did cast a couple of pretty large shadows to help keep the earth cooler.

Our society is in pretty bad shape when our idols are rock stars, movie stars, tv stars, sports stars, etc. We put way too much emphasis on "fame" and way too little on substance. I believe our "news outlets" could find a lot more substantial stories to devote their energy to.

I'm sorry she passed away, but to be honest, I don't recall her doing anything to try and make the world a better place, only to make her own personal life better. What will she be remembered for? Playboy pictures? Her anatomy? Her gold-digging escapades?
How sad!
Steve

S0Noma
02-08-2007, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> She did cast a couple of pretty large shadows to help keep the earth cooler.

How sad!
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Is that why they keep referring to her as a 'pneumatic blond'? Because her chest parts were so pumped up?

Sid_Vicious
02-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I believe those things are between her and her god, and I personally don't feel that this any time to be smacking her rep around. Just a matter of human decency. There are one or two people I feel the world would be far better off without but I wouldn't dance on their reputation on the same day they passed on, even though they are responsible for death and misery to a lot of us here in the US...sid

pooltchr
02-08-2007, 07:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> I believe those things are between her and her god, and I personally don't feel that this any time to be smacking her rep around. Just a matter of human decency. There are one or two people I feel the world would be far better off without but I wouldn't dance on their reputation on the same day they passed on, even though they are responsible for death and misery to a lot of us here in the US...sid <hr /></blockquote>

My comments were not meant to be disrespectful toward Ms. Smith, but rather, a commentary on our society, who is overly pre-occupied with the Hollywood, Television, Sports people who are simply entertainers. We seem to have elevated them to a status level that, in my opinion, should be directed toward those who spend their lives contributing to the betterment of society.
I have no reason to suspect that Ms Smith was not a good person, and the passing of anyone is a sad time. I think that her legacy will be her body, and her questionable life choices. This is what America wants, and seems to thrive on. That is what is so sad.
If my comments were taken as dissing Ms Smith, I apologize. They were intended as a commentary on the priorities of our society, not on the late Ms Smith.
Steve

Gayle in MD
02-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Tap Tap Tap. Good for you, friend. I don't know much about Anna, only that there will be a five month old baby without a Mother. Very sad. I'm sure she's not responsible for the death and destruction of hundreds of thousands of people. One would think people would not find this an appropriate time to focus on this woman's chest measurements. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-09-2007, 06:47 AM
Gayle,
You and I have our differences when it comes to politics, but you are missing the point. I think there are people who deserve our attention, and others who don't. Someone like yourself, who works with our military people who have suffered in combat, would be far more deserving of the country's attention, than someone who has gone down the path of self destruction with drug and alcohol abuse.
Everyone is free to choose how they live their life. And everyone is free to decide who they admire. My point is simply that many in our society are elevating the wrong people to celebrity status. If I am going to be subjected to endless hours of news coverage, I personally would rather it be about someone like yourself, rather than what we are getting right now.
Yes, it is sad for her family. They have my deepest sympathy. But what is it about her that we need to have every possible detail of her life presented to us by every news organization in the country. She got paid to wear blue jeans. I dare say you have done far greater good for others. When your time comes, I hope you get a tenth of the attention she is getting.
We idolize the wrong people.
Steve

Qtec
02-09-2007, 08:25 AM
She married the 90 yr old guy in a wheelchair for his money, that much is obvious. The family have contested the will [ the case is ongoing, well not anymore....]and she never got a penny. For the family, its very convienient that she is gone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif People have killed for less than $500 million!
Not implying anything of course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Q

Deeman3
02-09-2007, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> She married the 90 yr old guy in a wheelchair for his money, that much is obvious. The family have contested the will [ the case is ongoing, well not anymore....]and she never got a penny. For the family, its very convienient that she is gone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif People have killed for less than $500 million!
Not implying anything of course. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <font color="blue"> I'm just glad you didn't blame it on global warming. While anyone's death is sad, there are more imporant things going on. She was who she was....I wish her soul a good journey. </font color>

DeeMan
Q
<hr /></blockquote>

sack316
02-09-2007, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> While I feel sympathy for her family, I really don't understand why this is such a huge news story. The woman was famous for wearing blue jeans in commercials, and marrying a rich 90 year old man. I guess it must have been all she did to fight global warming! She did cast a couple of pretty large shadows to help keep the earth cooler.

Our society is in pretty bad shape when our idols are rock stars, movie stars, tv stars, sports stars, etc. We put way too much emphasis on "fame" and way too little on substance. I believe our "news outlets" could find a lot more substantial stories to devote their energy to.

I'm sorry she passed away, but to be honest, I don't recall her doing anything to try and make the world a better place, only to make her own personal life better. What will she be remembered for? Playboy pictures? Her anatomy? Her gold-digging escapades?
How sad!
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

tap tap tap

Gayle in MD
02-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Dear friend,
Could it possibly be that you are missing my point? Since you often tell me I am missing the point, and in fact habitually tell me so, I can't help but notice that when you do so, I often think that you have missed my point.

I can only say, again, that I don't know much about Anna Nicole Smith. I'm sure she must have faced her demons, as we all must, and shed her share of tears as she walked through her life. I suppose my overall take on life as far as drug use goes, has always been that I have never known a person who didn't have some form of abuse or overindulgence they used to deal with the stress and/or occasional boredom, which all human beings face, just in the process of living. It can be anything from pure nastiness, to glutiney, drugs, alcohol, excessive spending, gossip, hypochondria, sex, and yes, though it may sound strange, even excessive activity in the religious rhelm. We are all hooked on something. Even exercise and health concerns can be excessive. Every one chooses their own unique brands of poisons, as far as I can tell. I have always thought the mark of a well lived life is in liking what you see when you look back over your own wake.

While I must agree with you that often I find myself perplexed over hearing the same news story beaten into the ground, and often about the worst kind of evil people one can imagine, I don't think I've ever heard about a single evil act committed by Ms. Smith. I only know that often what we see on the outside, when observing our fellow travelers, can be quite different from what is on the inside. Simply put, I just don't think it is in fair or in good taste to be critical of someone when they have just passed away, and their body isn't even cold in the ground. Jokes about Ms. Smith's anatomy, IOW, and especially at this time, strike me as rather unchivalrous. A woman who burried her only son, days after giving birth to a new baby, and just five shorts months later, is gone herself, is a very sad story indeed. I suppose the tragic irony involved is part of the reason for the excessive news coverage.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
02-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Very true. She had her problems, just as we all do. I never said she did anything evil, I only question why she is so deserving of so much attention. I just read that her own mother has come out and stated she suspects drug abuse and lifestyle choices were probably contributing factors. HER OWN MOTHER! We all make personal choices, and we live with the consequences of those choices.
It is my personal opinion that there are many others far more deserving of our attention, particularly to the extent that the media is covering it.
She is gone, that is sad. But let's put our attention on those things that are more deserving of that attention. And in that vein, I will make no more comments on the subject.
Steve

Deeman3
02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
It’s getting so much tougher to be politically correct. I caught myself looking through the reviews of my top managers last week to see if I had used the term “articulate” more in some cases than in others. I had not, at least on a pattern that you could define by race.

I am sorry that Anna Nicole Smith has died, not sorry like it will change my life but all the same alive is marginally better than dead for most of us. It has happened to many throughout history and all of us here will experience that last day, one day. Everyone here has my permission on my day to make fun of me, call me names and even make remarks that might question how serious a human being I was. Just quit this bull of glorifying every person that dies. If their situation is humorous, laugh and make fun. I am tired of every politician on either side having to watch every single word they utter like it was biblical text. Cut everyone some slack, even us middle aged white guys…

Now that Mrs. Gabor’s husband has claimed responsibility for fathering Ms. Smith’s latest child, I have a revelation to make. The child is mine, or quite possibly Chopstick's. Yes, we have both been ordered to submit by February 28th, samples of DNA to add us to that list of possible fathers! I did not want to “out” Chopstick as we go back a long ways…..But while I loved Nicole for her charm, wit and advocacy of left wing ideas, Chopstick considered her a sexual plaything and earstwhile floatation device aid. The child’s given name, ChopDee, should be some indication of the suspected parenthood that Anna Nicole herself considered as valid in her more sane moments.

There, now I feel much better after getting all that off my hairy, masculine chest and Anna Nicole, wherever she is, will forgive me. Those who are appalled by this, write your congressman.

Love,
DeeMan

Chopstick
02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
LMAF! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SPetty
02-09-2007, 04:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> LMAF! <hr /></blockquote>What does that mean? I know what LMFAO means... anything similar?

S0Noma
02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
tap tap tap

Chopstick
02-10-2007, 08:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> LMAF! <hr /></blockquote>What does that mean? I know what LMFAO means... anything similar? <hr /></blockquote>

LMFAO. That's pretty funny.

I guess I meant LMAO.

bsmutz
02-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Well said, Deeman. I was wanting to post something similar yesterday, but withheld as I can see both sides of the argument. I can't say that I'm sorry that Nicole is dead, because I actually knew she was going to die before she did. It was inevitable. I think the real sorrow (unless someone dies in a particularly ugly, tragic, and/or unreasonable manner) in death is for the persons that remain who will be affected by it, like Anna's daughter. However, at this juncture we cannot really determine whether the long term affect on her will be positive, neutral, or negative, so sorrow in that respect may be misdirected. Certainly losing a loved one is traumatic and causes one pain, but I kind of wish that our society chose to celebrate a life well lived back when they were making those decisions rather than to mourn the loss of one who has passed. It just seems to make more sense and be healthier for us that remain, given the fact that we are all going to go sometime. If I'm lying on my deathbed, I rather have them bring in dancing girls and bubbly for a last party than to have a bunch of forlorn, crying relatives hovering around with long faces. JMO.

Gayle in MD
02-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Gee, how ironic that you and Chop will be giving your DNA on my birthday! I thought Clinton was the father. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Wrong again, /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't help feeling bad about all this stuff on the news, though. That is the cutest little girl, I wish I could raise her. I feel bad thinking how she will feel when she grows up and finds out about all the controversy over the possible fathers. I think that part is perhaps being overblown, excuse the pun, by Gabor's nutty husband. What an egomaniac! Such poor taste to make the statements he made.

Hey, I liked the way things were back in the day, when the news reporters had some integrity, good taste and respect for people's private personal lives.

I remember my Mom's exasperation over all the changes in attire, and public behavior back in the dawn of the hippie generation. One day she said, "Well, there's just nothing left for them to do but just strip off and run naked through the streets, it's disgusting!" The next week was the week that guy stripped off and ran across the Super Bowl field. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in Md.

S0Noma
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr>
Hey, I liked the way things were back in the day, when the news reporters had some integrity, good taste and respect for people's private personal lives.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

What happened was that the main stream news guys took a look around and noticed that the National Enquirer was selling like hot cakes while their own ratings were dropping like a rock. It didn't take them long to introduce tabloid journalism to 'normal' news with the almost overnight benefit of higher audience share - higher ratings and increased advertising revenue.

Ana was a tabloid journalists wet dream. The only female who could possibly out compete her has been Paris Hilton (you know, the one whose made being a total slut so 'cool' that all the 8 to 11 year old girls in the country want to mimic her now.).

Even in death they're still sucking ratings dollars off her corpse.

Pandering to Ana and her ilk has contributed significantly to the decline and fall of the institution we once knew and trusted as 'the news'. Of course, as you already know - the other 'main contributor' has been those good folks over at Fox.

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 05:56 AM
I couldn't agree with you more, friend. thankfully, there are still some good sources of News. I've liked the Mcneil/ Lerher News Hour, and also, think we get a better briefing from BBC, on international news, than here at home, but C-Span offers so much valuable infomation, and is a terrific source for book reviews, and of course, the live coverage of our government. The truth is out there, if one takes the time to search for it, but relying solely on the standard traditional broadcast news in these times just down't cut it, IMO. All in all, the in depth documentary coverage, Lou Dobbs, and anything from Christianna Amanpor, and WOW, can't think of that british guys name, I'm sure you know the man of whom I speak, always right in the middle of the fighting, they both provide a lot of good information on the Middle East.

I flip to another channel when anyone goes into anything about the starlit types, and the Tom Cruises of the world, LOL.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Let's not forget, a 90 year old guy in a wheelchair, married her. I'm sure there must have been some payoff for him, too, and possibly, his payoff may have been much more taxing to deliver. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif either way, they were both adults, and surely capable of knowing what kind of trade off was in the making. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Gee, how ironic that you and Chop will be giving your DNA on my birthday! I thought Clinton was the father. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Future Happy Birthday /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll be "thinking" of you when I "contribute" my DNA sample. Now that wasn't nice was it?...or was it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif</font color>

DeeMan
just joking, I'll use a photo of Anna Nicole JK