PDA

View Full Version : masse' cue

dave
02-11-2007, 08:56 AM
Does anyone know the standard specs for a masse' cue? Does anyone manufacture them or, are they only available as a custom made item?

Billy_Bob
02-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Schuler makes masse' cues...
http://schulercue.com/products/accessories.htm

rangoonkid
02-11-2007, 09:29 AM

Scott Lee
02-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm unaware of anyone who makes masse' cues that weigh 28 oz. That is far too heavy. Most are 19-24oz. Stealth Cues makes Masse' cues, and sells them for $100 + shipping. I have two brand new ones, if anyone is interested.

Scott Lee

1hit1der
02-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Scott, how heavy are the Stealth masse cues?

Also, Nick Nikolaidis told me you can get Cuetec masse cues, but would have to request them specifically through a dealer. I don't know the specs on those.

Crown Cues had two on ebay a while back. They're production is backed up a bit so they don't have anything there now.

dave
02-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Thank you all !

Scott Lee
02-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Tim...Stealth Masse cues come weighted at 22oz. You can have them customized lighter, as light as 18oz.

http://stealthcues.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=1296&osCsid= 9486c35d81faa9e9c435350078488ffe

Scott Lee

billiardshot
02-11-2007, 02:20 PM
If you want to learn about masse cue read Part I and II at Dieckman website web page (http://www.cuemaker.com/dieckmanwrittenwordpqb.htm) scroll down to Building a Masse Cue Part One. Also check out his home page.

Crown Cues website is web page (http://www.crowncues.biz) Check his gallery for his Masse' Cues.

rangoonkid
02-11-2007, 03:26 PM

Scott Lee
02-12-2007, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rangoonkid:</font><hr> Sammy plays with 28 and there are others out there with 25-26. When you get into that range you know what you are doing and you are not buying a $100 beginner cue from Stealth. You are having it custome made to your specs. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm not sure where you get your information, and I don't know who "Sammy" is (perhaps you mean Semih Seyginer, from Turkey???), but Stealth makes a great cue, for little money. It is not a 'beginner' cue, as you intimated, but designed by renowned custom cuemaker, Ned Morris. Most artistic players do not use anything more than 22-24 oz cues for masse'!

Scott Lee

Billy_Bob
02-12-2007, 08:27 AM
FYI below are the specs on my masse' cue. I can do things with this cue I can't with a regular cue. (I have a Predator shaft on my regular cue which has a hollow shaft and would not want to use it for extreme masse' shots which might break the shaft.)

I can do really cool shots with this cue which I can't with a regular cue. I would say it is the short size and lots of weight which makes the difference.

The interesting shots are when the cue is almost vertical (up/down) and you strike down on the cue ball with a lot of force.

I guess when my arm is going up/down for some of these masse' shots, I only have about 8 inches of "stroke" because of where I hold my bridge hand (sitting on table for shot). So I can't stroke way back to get up a lot of speed like I can with a break shot.

So since I don't have that much stroke length when shooting vertical, the extreme weight of the cue helps me to get the force needed. (I'm not Arnold what's-his-name.) And the sturdiness of the shaft keeps the cue from breaking.

Anyway one cool shot - just the cue ball, I can shoot down on the cue ball, it will go forward, stop, then come straight back (not hitting any balls).

Schuler masse' cue
Cocobolo
24.6 oz. 48"
13mm Triangle medium nickel shaped tip

rangoonkid
02-12-2007, 05:44 PM

billiardshot
02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
As for Masse' Cue. Look who use a Dieckman's Masse Cue: Massey, Rossman, Lynch, Neu, Yow, and that only a few who/who in the artistic of poolplaying world. You could just make a Masse Cue out of a House cue.

Scott Lee
02-13-2007, 10:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rangoonkid:</font><hr> The stealth is a beginner cue for pool, and for masse and for jumps. They are cheap and basic. They are made in the same chinese factory that makes the players cues. Any masse cue for $100 which is a plain jane and looks like a house cue is a beginner cue. That is not even open for debate sir, even though you want to peddle them here. Peddle them for what they are and be honest about it.

The Schuler is a $400 professional cue, the difference between the two, $300 in materials and workman ship. The stealth is a cheap chinese import, the Schuler is made by Americans in Palatine. I play with their 19 oz, but have had heavier ones made special for me by custome people. If you are a beginner and buying your first masse cue, buy the stealth. When you destroy it and you will, then move up next to the Schuler. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Wow Larry...Now you're dissing Mark's cues? I thought you were the one who INVENTED the Stealth jump cue? That's what you said (although Mark nearly split a gut laughing when I told him that). There are LOTS of great playing cues out there that sell for a heck of a lot less than $400. Some are made here, and some are made in China. For an inexpensive cue, it's tough to go wrong with a Stealth, and I still think their jump cue is the best out there...even if you didn't invent it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif BTW, are you gonna show us your masse' skills in the artistic tournament at VF next month? I noticed you missed the world championships up in MN in December.

Scott Lee

rangoonkid
02-13-2007, 11:02 PM

Scott Lee
02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rangoonkid:</font><hr> friggen <hr /></blockquote>

Whups...you screwed up Larry. Busted again! LOL Nobody uses the word "friggen" except you...unless they're making fun of you, which happens all the time! Like I said...gonna show your face in VF this year?

Scott Lee

billiardshot
02-14-2007, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dave:</font><hr> Does anyone know the standard specs for a masse' cue? Does anyone manufacture them or, are they only available as a custom made item? <hr /></blockquote>

Dave, in case you haven't read the following post from AZBilliards forum on Masse' Cue. Here the Thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=31934

rangoonkid
02-14-2007, 11:16 AM

Scott Lee
02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey A-hole...I've told you from the very first time we got into it, at VF many years ago, when you had your first TASA tournament (with a whopping 4 players, one of which was YOU...LOL), that I would play you anytime you wanted to match up, for whatever you can beg, borrow or steal. Just SHOW UP! You're the one who seems to be scared to play.

Scott Lee

rangoonkid
02-14-2007, 04:21 PM

rangoonkid
02-14-2007, 06:00 PM

AlphieDoolittle
02-15-2007, 08:25 AM
I am very interested in buying a masse cue for the first time and the Schuler and dickman are very expensive. Can any one give me any idea which one is the best?

1hit1der
02-15-2007, 08:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AlphieDoolittle:</font><hr> I am very interested in buying a masse cue for the first time and the Schuler and dickman are very expensive. Can any one give me any idea which one is the best? <hr /></blockquote>

I've never really hit with either one. Both will do the job, but they're not going to masse for you. You still have to put in the time to learn the skill and technique. I learned with a 19oz McDermott and I think I do pretty well with it (you can check my website and judge for yourself though). I'm not sure about the availability of the Schuler, but I think you usually have to wait a few months to get a Dieckman.

billiardshot
02-15-2007, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AlphieDoolittle:</font><hr> I am very interested in buying a masse cue for the first time and the Schuler and dickman are very expensive. Can any one give me any idea which one is the best? <hr /></blockquote>
I hope you read my early post on masse cues. If I didn't have a Dieckman [ not Dickman] masse cue. I would look at Crown Cue Masse Cue. Which are a fair price now. But like most cue will increase in value over time. But Dieckman is the only cuebuilder, to my knowledge, that have wrote on the subject of building a masse cue. Maybe a video need to be made on the subject.
Schuler is a fine cuemaker. But I would Say Dieckman! Dieckman! Then Crown Cue!

Scott Lee
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rangoonkid:</font><hr> I did a little checking, made a few calls and this was the true story I got. Itís amazing how some of you guys go to the Hopkins, make a total ass out of your self and then change the story to where you are no longer the A hole but the hero by lying like a dog.

That was the North American championship of Artistic, quite a nice title. It was covered by both B&amp;D and P&amp;B mags with 3 pages. Three of the contestants were world champions Fast Larry Guninger and Tom Rossman, plus North American champion George Middleditch. You have zero chance to beat any one of them then and now. They were totally out of your class and you knew it.

<font color="blue"> Wonder what these two fine players (and friends of mine) would have to say about you nowadays? </font color>

The shot program mailed to you a month before the event was 37 shots which are harder than the 40 the BCA now uses in their world event. When you walked by the booth you were asked nicely if you wanted to enter and you said no. You were asked politely why and you insulted the TD by saying you were too good for these guys and did not want to show them up. You said both your con pal you bought your tour from, Jack White, the biggest POS and liar in pool, would make all 37 shots on the first snap and it would be no challenge to you or him.
<font color="blue"> Nope, Larry. Your memory fails you AGAIN! LOL The truth is, I told you I was working in my sponsor's booth (Cognoscenti), and was unable to participate in your little event. Remember when you asked Willie Jopling to not only participate, but to be on TASA's board of directors...he declined both. Wonder why? LOL Remember when the BCA refused to sanction your organization, and your one and only event (you didn't hold any more after that one flopped, although you tried to do one in Atlanta a few months later). You were really mad about that one, and ranted about it for several pages of your 10 page letter that you sent to everyone you could think of! Since you slandered me in that letter, I kept it, in case I wanted to sue you. Want me to publish that letter here, for all to see? LOL </font color>

You were told, lst prize is $2500 cash guaranteed by Hopkins and that since there is no way you can lose playing these 3 bums, $2500 is not a bad pay day and you donít have to make every shot on the first snap. If you simply make all 37 shots, in 3 snaps, they would double your pay to $5000. You looked astonished your bluff and BS was called and you turned, shook you head and began to walk away. It was then the TD said, Why Lee, you are just a coward, nothing but a puss E son. You showed your yellow back and slimed on down the aisle and away.

The event was hosted and the Mc was Mike Shamos of BD.

If you would have not insulted them, you would not have been called what you actually were, a Puss E. All you had to say was you did not have time to practice or your hand was injured. You could have bowed out gracefully and stayed in every oneís good graces.

You have never played in an event since then and itís been a decade. If you were as good as you said you were then you would have won them all. You were nothing but a lying hustler and BS artist like your teacher and con, Jack White. Nothing but a cheap imitation of that bum.

I am told, you have never challenged Fl to a match, ever. If you had, he would have jumped all over you. You talk a big game and you have nothing to back it all up with.
<font color="blue"> see above post: Hey A-hole...I've told you from the very first time we got into it, at VF many years ago, when you had your first TASA tournament (with a whopping 4 players, one of which was YOU...LOL), that I would play you anytime you wanted to match up, for whatever you can beg, borrow or steal. Just SHOW UP! You're the one who seems to be scared to play.
</font color>

So since you are such a big time pro, we challenge you. Enter the Amateur bar box event and win, take out all these league players and show us you are really barely an apa 5 who can not run a rack. You wonít because you know you canít beat half of these amateurs in this event. If you would have followed my advice to put a sock in yo pie hole, this post would have never been made.

You would not get past 3 or 4 matches. So if I were you dude, I would shut the f*** up.
You lied about what really happened in 97 and have stabbed FL in the back over it for the last decade. You sir, are a coward of immense proportions. The only bigger coward I know of is your Pal Eric. I would bet a dime you could not beat him and he is an apa 4 and his high run is 4 as well.
<font color="blue"> Larry...not sure you want to stir up the pot about Eric again. He clocked you last time, in front of everybody at VF. Are you ready for that again? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>

Let me remind you when I came on here, I did not go off on you. I complimented you, called you a great teacher and said I was sending you business. You are going off on me and this FL guy big time. You are the one who is dragging up all this bad blood from a decade ago, not me. And why, simple, you want to cause a fight so you can use this to have me banned and then the news and truth about the real you will be shut off. You are jealous of those who know more than you and who can teach or play circles around you. You are afraid you will lose students so you will try to run your competition off. That is what a Puss E does, son.
<font color="blue"> I only "go off" on you because you're a fraud, who can only come on under assumed names and pimp yourself and your legendary (read: legend in your own mind) former glory! LOL </font color>

To show how stupid ignorant and ridiculous your statement was Lee you could make all 37 shots on the first snap was. Tasa ran all the events from 1995 to early 2000 and nobody made all 37, not even in 3 attempts. The BCA has run the events for the last 7 years and nobody has made all 40 shots in 3 snaps. It was like you walking up to Augusta National and saying I can't play golf with Tiger and the boys because I am too good and will shoot 55 and embarrass them all so since I am such a nice guy I'll spare you all and just not play./ The world finally needs to know what a lst class jerk you really are.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Well Larry, if I'm the world-class jerk you make me out to be (and thief of all your potential students...LOL), then I guess I'll just have to live with that! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>

Scott Lee

joeblow
02-15-2007, 11:51 AM

Scott Lee
02-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Larry...I understand that you only read at a 6th grade level, which would make it understandable why you have never read the reviews, posted here, and elsewhere on other forums, from the many expert players I have worked with, to help improve their games. That's okay...I forgive you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee

joeblow
02-15-2007, 12:42 PM

Eric.
02-15-2007, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote joeblow:</font><hr> FL HAS a PHD and a 152 IQ, he would not read your beginner stuff as it would bore him. You have nothing to offer him. There is nothing you know, he does not know. He has forgotten more than you could learn in the last 50 years. Of all the people he knows, you would be the last one he would read.

The Titanic was built by pro Irish drunks with bad steel in Belfast and sank; the Arc was built by amateur Iraq sheepherders out of wood and floated. Somewhere there is a pool sublimed message deeply coded.

You be nice to me, I can be nice to you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

http://groups.google.com/group/Larry-Guninger-is-a-liar?lnk=li

He is a high school dropout.

He has no college degree, just an HONORARY PhD from GT for teaching Pool, then was fired for lying about his credentials

His 152 IQ is correct, he just forgot the decimal point.

Eric

Deeman3
02-16-2007, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> His 152 IQ is correct, he just forgot the decimal point.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Eric,

You da man....That's the truest statement I have read in a year. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeeMan