PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Contender Cushions?

alexvee
02-13-2007, 04:27 AM
I've been considering buying a Brunswick Contender Geneva and then found these extremely helpful forums! I read that the Contender series has lower quality cushions compared to Brunswick's SuperSpeed cushions on their higher end tables.

Has anyone played on a Contender that can give a fair comparisson to the SuperSpeed cushions found on their Gold Crown tables with the Geneva cushions? I'd really like to save the money with the Geneva and don't really care what kind of wood the table is made out of...as long as it's solid with the 1" slate option, it sounds like a good purchase. So 2 questions:

1) Do the Contender Genvea cushions still play really well compared to the Gold Crown?

2) Does the Geneva feel like a solid table? (I'm getting a 7' due to room size constraints)

Thanks!
Alex

alexvee
02-15-2007, 03:42 AM
After measuring my room a few more times, I think I'm going with an 8' table. But I'm still unsure about the Brunswick Contender table quality. Can anyone offer any opinions on the quality of the Contender cushions compared to Brunswick's higher quality cushions?

Thanks,
Alex

AlphieDoolittle
02-15-2007, 08:23 AM
In order to compete most of the big time table mfgrs are now having their cheaper priced tables made in China and that means cheaper rubber and materials. You get what you pay for. You can buy the cheaper table and ask the dealer to install the higher class rubber for you as an upgrade cost. That would be the best idea.