PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and positive thoughts needed

sack316
02-13-2007, 06:02 AM
hey all, I always hate to come on here with bad news, but it's one of those times where every extra prayer sure does help.

Last Thursday, a dear old friend of mine was involved in a bad accident, and was pretty badly hurt. So far his recovery is listed as about as good as could be hoped for, but there is still a long ways to go.

If you would like to read about what happened, along with a regularly updated progress report, you are more than welcome to visit THIS WEBSITE (http://www.prayforrandal.com/) . Also on that homepage is a link to put any comments and well wishes you would like to add. Just let him know Johnny sent ya

If nothing else, I hope all my friends and loved ones on this board will just add an extra prayer at night for him and his family. He was once one of my managers back in the day, and we quickly took as close friends. We spent a lot of time together both at work and outside of our jobs. We played on a pool team together for a few years, and he is simply one of those all around great guys. Unfortunately as I moved on to other jobs, and we each began to clean our lives up (no more late nights at the bars), our paths began to separate. But now matter how few and far between our visits have been these past couple of years, each time was as if we still hung out on a daily basis.

I apologize for rambling here, it's just a situation I'm still trying to cope with and thoughts are rushing through my head. Just please include him in your thoughts and prayers, along with his family and friends. And if you'd like to leave him a message please feel free to do so... I'm sure you all know every litle bit of positivity helps! Thank you all so much!

Johnny (Sack)

Deeman3
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Sack,

I'll pray for Randal and his family. You hang in there my friend. I'll leave him a message as well.

DeeMan

cueball1950
02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
you got it Sack... Your friend will be added to my prayer list and may he get well real quick. He has a great friend in you for what you are doing....................mike

sack316
02-14-2007, 08:00 AM
thanks deeman and cueball, and also thanks to those who read this and didn't write a reply. I know an extra thought, prayer, or message may not seem like much... but I know firsthand how much every little bit extra can help in a time of need. So thank you all for thinking of a friend of mine that probably none of you have ever met, it really means a lot to me (and most importantly it I know it means a lot to Randal). It just goes to show how special the people on this board really are, and what a family this whole group has become over the years.

Still no news thus far today, but as far as I know all is still as well as could be hoped for.

Thank you all again,
Sack

sack316
05-15-2007, 04:18 AM
Just thought I'd throw an update out there for anyone who is interested.

Exactly 2 months ago Randal was released from the ICU and moved to the Shepherd Center in Atlanta, GA. Over this time he has improved remarkably considering the nature of his injuries!

Recently he finished his inpatient stuff at the center, and has been moved to an apartment provided by Shepherd Center to continue what I assume to be outpatient.

Family and friends have even been allowed to take him on outings to restaurants and stuff!

He apparenly still has some verbal troubles, as well as difficulty associating certain things with other things, and has some trouble keeping his focus... but these are issues to be expected with his injuries. His overall attitude and mood has also improved after they switched some of his medication.

It's still a long road to go, but the progress I've heard about is utterly amazing considering it is only 3 months after the accident.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers-- as I'm sure the support he's recieved from all his friends, family, and associates has helped to influence his recovery.

Any other major news or updates that happen I will post here, or you can check the website listed earlier in this thread.

Thank you all!

Sack