PDA

View Full Version : Bridge help: my hands sweat and get sticky

Eturnal
02-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I read a book by Willie Masconi teaching me the correct bridge...but I cannot practice that bridge (index over the cue) because of my hands getting sweaty so easily...what should I do?

Do any pro's have a V bridge consistently?

Eturnal
02-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Anyone else use a V brindge consistantly?

1hit1der
02-14-2007, 03:38 PM
When I started out, I used a V-bridge. I had some stickiness issues, but I think that was mainly because of the cues I was using. My first cue was a Cuetec. I haven't had problems since I got a McDermott. But when I still had my Cuetec, I used a glove. Otherwise, there's talc or baby powder kind of stuff that I've seen others use.

Every now and then, I catch myself unconsciously going back to V-bridge, even for regular shots.

rangoonkid
02-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Eturnal
02-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Appreciated. How much are gloves and where do I snag one?

JimS
02-14-2007, 08:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eturnal:</font><hr> Appreciated. How much are gloves and where do I snag one? <hr /></blockquote>

www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com) is Muellers They have a lot of stuff or just google it because there are lots of places that sell pool related stuff and have good selecton and prices.

sygfrid
02-15-2007, 12:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eturnal:</font><hr> Anyone else use a V brindge consistantly? <hr /></blockquote>

For 90% of my shots, I use the open V bridge `coz I'm more accurate with it as I use it as an aiming sight like that of a rifle.

SWEATY HANDS- try washing your hand with soap should your &amp; dry it in front of an a/c unit. Or you may also try applying 70% Isoprophyl Alcohol on your hand.

The problem with a GLOVE is there's a reduced "feel" of the stroke. Moreover, a dirty glove (esp. the dark-colored ones) accumulates chalk dusts that can stain your shaft. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ceebee
02-15-2007, 12:56 AM
For a large percentage of your shots, you can use the "Open Bridge", because you can view the entire length of your shaft for aiming. A 'Closed Bridge" is great for a hard Draw Shot. A glove is handy for a smooth delivery.

SWEATY HANDS are not much of a problem, when using a glove. I like the Sir Joseph.

There are no BIG problems with a GLOVE, after you have used one. Most of them are made from polyester, which means you can wash your glove very easily.

Good Luck...

Cydpkt
02-15-2007, 08:05 AM
I have heard that washing you hands with soap and cold water helps. It is a quick fix where the gloved would save trips to the bathroom.

AlphieDoolittle
02-15-2007, 08:19 AM
After playing put your glove on and under the faucet of warm water and soak it well. Apply soft soap and rub the chalk dust off of the fabric. Squeeze out the water and hang it up to dry. It's brand new the next morning.

Snapshot9
02-15-2007, 08:53 AM
and above all, do not shake hands with someone if you have cold clammy fish hands .... eck!!! just say, sorry but my hnads are moist right now, they will understand.

Besides, if they know you hands are sweating or cold and clammy, they will know you are scared or sweating the match, not to mention the BAD connotation it carries with it ...

cushioncrawler
02-18-2007, 10:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eturnal:</font><hr> I read a book by Willie Masconi teaching me the correct bridge...but I cannot practice that bridge (index over the cue) because of my hands getting sweaty so easily...what should I do? Do any pro's have a V bridge consistently? <hr /></blockquote> Eturnal -- Iz a VeeBridge stickyr than a LoopBridge ??? If your qShaft is painted (varnished), then i would try sanding off the paint (dont uze very coarse paper), and finish off by uzing the finest sandpaper u can get (800??). Koz wood iznt az sticky az most plastics. I then sometimes put some linseed oil on, if i am worryd about dirtying of the "new" wood -- if so, next day, i burnish with the back of the sandpaper (colored cardboard or newsprint will stain wood). madMac.