PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Judge Scalia's Daughter Arrested Drun

Gayle in MD
02-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Drunk driving, with three kids in the car!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/02/14/scalia.daughter.ap/index.html

How very conservative of her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Scalia must like drunks, he put one in the White House!

gayle in Md.

Vapros
02-14-2007, 03:58 PM
This is pure hatefulness. Pretty low-down, Gayle, even for you.

nAz
02-14-2007, 06:02 PM
i think we should all say a prayer for her and her family.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

pooltchr
02-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Please educate me. Is this someone that holds an elected office in the government? Or is it news because of who her father is? If my daughter gets arrested for DWI, is that a reflection on me? She's a grown woman who can and should take responsibility for her actions. Are you trying to smear her father because of something his daughter did? Any mud you can find, you feel the need to sling??? Where is the compassion for those involved? Oh, never mind...she's a REPUBLICAN!!! No compassion for any of them!
And you wonder why you get accused of hating all conservatives!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve

eg8r
02-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I wonder if Andy Reid is a Republican? He gets lots of credit taking time off to take care of personal business on the homefront.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 12:04 AM
Gotta tell ya Naz, I think she should be thrown in jail for driving drunk with three kids in the car. I have compassion for people with addictions, but there's no excuse for driving drunk when you've got kids with you.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Please educate me. Is this someone that holds an elected office in the government? No. Or is it news because of who her father is? Yes. If my daughter gets arrested for DWI, is that a reflection on me? Yes, I think so, to a degree. She's a grown woman who can and should take responsibility for her actions. Are you trying to smear her father because of something his daughter did? Just pointing out the irony. Seems the religious right have just as many addiction problems as the evil liberals. Any mud you can find, you feel the need to sling???
No more so than you and the rest of your rightwingnut cohearts on here do regularly. Oh, and wasn't it you who wrote this about Anna Nicole? get off your high horse, Steve, you don't belong up there. 'She did cast a couple of pretty large shadows to help keep the earth cooler.'

Where is the compassion for those involved? Oh, never mind...she's a REPUBLICAN!!!
Sorry, being a mother, and grandmother, I have very little compassion about anyone driving drunk with their kids in the car.
No compassion for any of them!

Are you trying to say that you have or had compassion for Ted Kennedy? His son? Bill Clinton? Or any of the other liberals you have bashed on here?
And you wonder

I wonder most about how Scalia installed George Bush in the White House, and whether he ever thinks about all the people who have been slaughtered since then, thanks to all the lies this administration told us.

Any other questions?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Oh really, how would you, a Bush supporter, have any understanding of what "Low Down" is? Do you ever post any information, news, book recommendations, historical facts, anything at all worthwhile on this board?

Gayle in Md.

Vapros
02-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Gayle, as always there is a large content of error and bad judgment in your post. For one thing, I am not really a Bush supporter today. I'm a little embarrassed at some of the things he and his administration have done, but then this has been true of every administration in my long lifetime. Seems to be a continuing feature of elected officials at every level throughout the country.

Also, low-down is low-down, and your post certainly was. It didn't take a Bush supporter to recognize that. You noted your hatred of all who drive drunk, especially with kids in the vehicle, apparently in an attempt to justify what you had written. That's a commendable attitude, and I agree, but do you intend to post about all of them, or just the ones with Republican connections? I imagine you have been an embarrassment to many of your own friends here on this forum.

You were correct to point out that I don't offer rebuttal for most of your charges and insults. I would rather stay out of the endless political back-and-forth that goes on here. I am no more qualified for such commentary than you are, and that's not much. However, since you bring up the subject, I know where there's is a raft of verification that your Democratic heroes were pretty solidly in agreement that the trip to Iraq had to be made - that it was very likely that WMDs were there, as well as a leader with a history of using them on his own people. This issue, through faulty recollection, became a political issue when the WMDs could not be found. Your guys suddenly started hollering that we were wrong to invade. For a start, bring up the words of your John Kerry during a foreign policy speech at Georgetown University on January 23 of 2003, less than sixty days before the invasion. He had strong words.

And not just Kerry, either. I don't want to go too far into this, but if you are really interested I can refer you to the statements of both Clintons, Ted Kennedy, Madeleine Albright, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore, Rockefeller, Byrd, Levin, Berger, etc. Together with most of the world, they believed the WMDs were there, and said so in plain language,

George Bush has bungled a lot of the rest of it, as would most others have done. Once there, there wasn't anything right to do. A lot of you are convinced that the only thing to do now is to pull out all the troops and bring them home, and that's a great thought, but you have to show some concern for what will happen after that. Iraq, without doubt, will erupt in an even-greater civil war that might involve a big section of the Middle East before it is over. It's easy for you to say it's none of our business what they do when our force is gone, but you are wrong again. Everything that goes on over there is our business. I wish it weren't, but it damn sure is. If you, Gayle, could give us as much oil as you give us hatred and bulls__t, we might be able to take that attitude.

Now, back to my favorite hobby. Now and then I just have to jump on your back. You're so nasty and so easy.

Do you have your own computer, or does The Party own it? Do you have jammies with them little Democratic jackasses embroidered thereon? This is much more fun.

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 08:19 AM
You're posts add nothing of substance, other than your only motive, which is to bash me. Fine, have at it, but don't try to tell me that going into Iraq, was a reasonble, justifiable thing to do, or say that George Bush, and his inner circle didn't intentionally create false intelligence to justify it, and intentionally lie to Americans, and the world.

Maybe you think that is fine, and that our country should be know as a country that makes up motives for war, lies in front of the United Nations, tortures our prisoners, send our troops to jail for following orders that come from the Secretary of Defense, locks innocent people up for years, and tortures them, even if they are innocent, lies about the debt, and the budget, fails to provide our troops with decent, up-dated equipment, and on and on. These are facts.

Corruption in our government, from both sides, is nothing new, but this administration has taken it to levels we have never seen before. When our troops are stuck in a civil war, and the president of the United States, refuses to acknowledge it as such, cuts funding for veterans, fails to over and over to make reasonble judgement calls on issues about the life and limb 9of our soldiers, I will continue to speak out against such gross incompetence. Over and over and over again. If you can't handle that, tough, don't bother reading my posts. When I see people put out false information from Republican talking points, I intend to expose the lies.

As for driving drunk, with children in the car, such blatant disregard for the safety of one's own children is totally outrageous, IMO, and I have no problem saying so. I also find it outrageous that other countries, such as the British, who gassed Iraqis to death, and the russians, and the United States, have gone into the Middle East for centuries, killed the people there, stolen their oil, and disrupted their societies, and then claim a right to launch wars for the sake of taking control of their greatest natural asset. I don't suppose that bothers you, or that you even care, but IMO, it is wrong, outrageous, unfair, and repulsive, and particularly when it is hidden inside a false premise that it is humane, and for the benefit of Iraqis.

Bush went to Iraq for the oil, period. He has made one hellofa mess overthere, didn't know what the hell he was doing, refused to listen to any expert advice, and refused to tell the truth about conditions on the ground, along with Rumsfeld, Rice, Cheney and the rest of his neocon fascists. You apparently approve, but I don't, and further, believe that unless our country opens it's collective eyes, and engages in dialog based on facts, instead of republican spin for the benefit of reframing the incompetence and currupt nature of those who are destroying our nationa and international values, our children will never have a shot at living the kind of life that we have been able to live.

Mentioning any Democratic positions taken in the past on Iraq is moot, IMO, since it has been proven that this administration not only cherry picked intelligence, discredited and/or fired those who told the truth at the time, but they continue to lie about every single important issues that we face, including the debt they have run up, and the war that is being waged daily. George Bush, and his appointees have engaged in on-going treason, against the United States, for over six years, in many ways, and done so relentlessly. If that isn't an issue for you, fine, bash away, pointlessly, but as long as I beleive that there is a dangerous radical religious right, combined with a dangerous neocon movements, which are collectively destroying the principles of our nation, and our democracy, I will continue to speak against their on-going lie and destructive actions.

I am not connected to any political group, other than the USO, FYI, and you owe me an apology for such a statement.

As for my friends, anyone who can't see, or refuses to admit, what George Bush is, a chronic liar, and what he has done to us all, and to the security of the entire Middle East, through lies and gross incompetence, would surely not be someone who would be drawn to someone like myself, who calls the shots as they are, rather than as they are rigged to look.

Also, your continued bashing of Democrats reveals your propensity for right wing BS, regardless which party to which you are affiliated. I didn't see you posting here at all, but when you did show up, you're only posts were aimed at me. Do you really think that I give a damn what you think of me? Believe me I do not.

Please return to your cloud.

Gayle in Md.

Vapros
02-15-2007, 08:42 AM
No apologies for you, pal, and this was certainly not one of your better efforts. Also, this was a pretty long tirade from someone who doesn't give a damn what I think. You don't really have all the answers, after all, do you? You have only the same old three or four that you keep sending out, regardless of the questions. Even your rewrites have become recognizable. Ask The Party for some new material.

eg8r
02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
LOL, now that is funny. Nothing seems to be too low for Gayle.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 08:50 AM
LOL, you wrote seven paragraphs, pal, and still did not provide any proof to enhance your misguided attacks against Democrats.

Here's a suggestion, don't bother reading my posts. You can't handle facts any more than you can provide a reasonablly close version of them. Now, go on back to your elephant stickers, and your Republican Talking Points. You belong to a very special group, who were Bushwacked, and hates anyone who reminds you of it. Deal.

Gayle in Md.

Vapros
02-15-2007, 09:06 AM
You just can't help it, can you? But you did have one good idea - maybe I will quit reading your posts for a while and go back to reading the comic page. I try to alternate, so my outlook will be balanced.

And for the record, I don't hate anyone, not even you. I'm happy to amuse you. When your posts begin with LOL, I can tell your argument is going to be pretty weak. Be well.

Qtec
02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vapros:</font><hr> Gayle, as always there is a large content of error and bad judgment in your post. For one thing, I am not really a Bush supporter today. I'm a little embarrassed at some of the things he and his administration have done, but then this has been true of every administration in my long lifetime. Seems to be a continuing feature of elected officials at every level throughout the country.

Also, low-down is low-down, and your post certainly was. It didn't take a Bush supporter to recognize that. You noted your hatred of all who drive drunk, especially with kids in the vehicle, apparently in an attempt to justify what you had written. That's a commendable attitude, and I agree, but do you intend to post about all of them, or just the ones with Republican connections? I imagine you have been an embarrassment to many of your own friends here on this forum.

You were correct to point out that I don't offer rebuttal for most of your charges and insults. I would rather stay out of the endless political back-and-forth that goes on here. I am no more qualified for such commentary than you are, and that's not much. However, since you bring up the subject, I know where there's is a raft of verification that your Democratic heroes were pretty solidly in agreement that the trip to Iraq had to be made <font color="blue"> 1 link would suffice! </font color> - that it was very likely <font color="blue"> Do you start wars and invade countries on the basis of ' very likely'? What happened to International Law? Are you advocating Anarchy? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color> that WMDs were there, as well as a leader with a history of using them on his own people. This issue, through faulty recollection, became a political issue when the WMDs could not be found. Your guys suddenly started hollering that we were wrong to invade. <font color="blue"> Wrong! Some/many were hollering long before that the claims of the Bush Admin were not supported by the facts and their own previous words. The simple fact that Hans Blix and his inspection team visited 1200 sites where they found nothing. This at least should have caused the US to question the value of their intelligence. Condi Rice said in 2001 that Saddam was even " unable to wage war on his nieghbours". He could hardly be a threat to the US 2 years later.
Every single reason the Bush Admin gave for the invasion have turned out not to be true. They could not back up one single claim. They pedalled a non-existent link between Saddam and Al Q. The threat became that S would give non existant weapons to Al Q whith whom he had no connection. In fact , they were his enemy!

</font color> For a start, bring up the words of your John Kerry during a foreign policy speech at Georgetown University on January 23 of 2003, less than sixty days before the invasion. He had strong words.
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> Yes he did. The guy is a prophet! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Kerry,

The Bush Administration has a plan for waging war but no plan for winning the peace. It has invested mightily in the tools of destruction but meagerly in the tools of peaceful construction. It offers the peoples in the greater Middle East retribution and war but little hope for liberty and prosperity
</font color> <hr /></blockquote>
And not just Kerry, either. I don't want to go too far into this, but if you are really interested I can refer you to the statements of both Clintons, Ted Kennedy, Madeleine Albright, Nancy Pelosi, Al Gore, Rockefeller, Byrd, Levin, Berger, etc. Together with most of the world, they believed the WMDs were there, and said so in plain language, <font color="blue"> They believed in the cherrypicked guesses/info they were provided. </font color>

George Bush has bungled a lot of the rest of it, as would most others have done. Once there, there wasn't anything right to do. A lot of you are convinced that the only thing to do now is to pull out all the troops and bring them home, and that's a great thought, but you have to show some concern for what will happen after that. Iraq, without doubt, will erupt in an even-greater civil war that might involve a big section of the Middle East before it is over. It's easy for you to say it's none of our business what they do when our force is gone, but you are wrong again. Everything that goes on over there is our business. I wish it weren't, but it damn sure is. If you, Gayle, could give us as much oil as you give us hatred and bulls__t, we might be able to take that attitude.

Now, back to my favorite hobby. Now and then I just have to jump on your back. You're so nasty and so easy.

Do you have your own computer, or does The Party own it? Do you have jammies with them little Democratic jackasses embroidered thereon? This is much more fun.

<hr /></blockquote>

Every politician used Saddam as a whipping boy. If they were asked at the time if they advocated invading Iraq ASAP, how many would have said yes?.

..and yes, I agree, its ALL about the oil/money.
Q

Gayle in MD
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Nice try, but you have yet to provide a single thread of any documented evidence for anything you have ever written on this board. Your only interest is in bashing me, obviously.

Oh, imagine, a President having been "Placed" into the white House by the S7upreme Court, who would have addressed Global Warming, instead of lowering Cafe' Standards for autos, and lowering pollution standards for Corporate America.

Just think, all the missing billions, having been used by President Gore, to launch a new Industrial Revolution in the direction of rducing foreign oil, contintuing to build the surplus, and all the wasted billions, having gone towards cleaner air, water, and new energy technology.

People like you, don't have a clue what you're talking about, but don't worry, unfortunately, you are far from alone!

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
02-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I think Gayle is very well- read and well-informed, has elected political friends, visits the Veteran's hospital, and talks to the wounded vets.......etc...in short, she can debate the issues with you, with or without wearing them "jammies" and won't have to rely on something like Chairman Bush's "Little Red State Book" to come up with the party line
She's also very passionate about her politics, as is Ed and Steve about theirs.
I would be nice if we could just pull out of this war, call it another of Bush's mistakes....but everybody knows we can't.
So what is your answer to solving the issue....just keep sending another 20,000 troops at a time back there again and again, until their numbers are depleted, and then?
Can I make a suggestion?....stick to the comic pages......

Vapros
02-15-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm quite aware that you think Gayle and the other liberals are well-read and well-informed. No doubt they are, even if not on a really objective point of view. Nothing wrong with that. My point of view is not really objective either.

Your third paragraph is sort of a mystery to me. I have never pretended to know what to do about the war and have never said anything to cause you to believe that I think we should continue to send more troops, 20,000 at a time. Some of you persist in presenting your answers over and over, whether anybody asks the questions or not.

You are beginning to sound like Gayle, so I will offer an alternate suggestion. Go and soak your head.

pooltchr
02-15-2007, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> You're posts add nothing of substance, other than your only motive, which is to bash me. Fine, have at it, but don't try to tell me that going into Iraq, was a reasonble, justifiable thing to do, or say that George Bush, and his inner circle didn't intentionally create false intelligence to justify it, and intentionally lie to Americans, and the world.

Maybe you think that is fine, and that our country should be know as a country that makes up motives for war, lies in front of the United Nations, tortures our prisoners, send our troops to jail for following orders that come from the Secretary of Defense, locks innocent people up for years, and tortures them, even if they are innocent, lies about the debt, and the budget, fails to provide our troops with decent, up-dated equipment, and on and on. These are facts.

Corruption in our government, from both sides, is nothing new, but this administration has taken it to levels we have never seen before. When our troops are stuck in a civil war, and the president of the United States, refuses to acknowledge it as such, cuts funding for veterans, fails to over and over to make reasonble judgement calls on issues about the life and limb 9of our soldiers, I will continue to speak out against such gross incompetence. Over and over and over again. If you can't handle that, tough, don't bother reading my posts. When I see people put out false information from Republican talking points, I intend to expose the lies.

As for driving drunk, with children in the car, such blatant disregard for the safety of one's own children is totally outrageous, IMO, and I have no problem saying so. I also find it outrageous that other countries, such as the British, who gassed Iraqis to death, and the russians, and the United States, have gone into the Middle East for centuries, killed the people there, stolen their oil, and disrupted their societies, and then claim a right to launch wars for the sake of taking control of their greatest natural asset. I don't suppose that bothers you, or that you even care, but IMO, it is wrong, outrageous, unfair, and repulsive, and particularly when it is hidden inside a false premise that it is humane, and for the benefit of Iraqis.

Bush went to Iraq for the oil, period. He has made one hellofa mess overthere, didn't know what the hell he was doing, refused to listen to any expert advice, and refused to tell the truth about conditions on the ground, along with Rumsfeld, Rice, Cheney and the rest of his neocon fascists. You apparently approve, but I don't, and further, believe that unless our country opens it's collective eyes, and engages in dialog based on facts, instead of republican spin for the benefit of reframing the incompetence and currupt nature of those who are destroying our nationa and international values, our children will never have a shot at living the kind of life that we have been able to live.

Mentioning any Democratic positions taken in the past on Iraq is moot, IMO, since it has been proven that this administration not only cherry picked intelligence, discredited and/or fired those who told the truth at the time, but they continue to lie about every single important issues that we face, including the debt they have run up, and the war that is being waged daily. George Bush, and his appointees have engaged in on-going treason, against the United States, for over six years, in many ways, and done so relentlessly. If that isn't an issue for you, fine, bash away, pointlessly, but as long as I beleive that there is a dangerous radical religious right, combined with a dangerous neocon movements, which are collectively destroying the principles of our nation, and our democracy, I will continue to speak against their on-going lie and destructive actions.

I am not connected to any political group, other than the USO, FYI, and you owe me an apology for such a statement.

As for my friends, anyone who can't see, or refuses to admit, what George Bush is, a chronic liar, and what he has done to us all, and to the security of the entire Middle East, through lies and gross incompetence, would surely not be someone who would be drawn to someone like myself, who calls the shots as they are, rather than as they are rigged to look.

Also, your continued bashing of Democrats reveals your propensity for right wing BS, regardless which party to which you are affiliated. I didn't see you posting here at all, but when you did show up, you're only posts were aimed at me. Do you really think that I give a damn what you think of me? Believe me I do not.

Please return to your cloud.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

9 paragraphs....and only one sentence on the topic of drunk driving! Don't you ever get tired of typing the same thing over and over and over and.....????????
Steve

wolfdancer
02-16-2007, 02:21 AM
"You are beginning to sound like Gayle, so I will offer an alternate suggestion. Go and soak your head.
If it ain't funny, it ain't much"

<font color="blue"> It weren't much </font color>

DickLeonard
02-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Vapros Please we have learned to smear by the Best, Karl Rove. We will never stop we had a Congressmen in NY get elected because of Karl Rovian tactics were turned against the opponent. His campaign screamed Foul but to Bad.####

TCOB
02-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Nothing like an election, its like a chat board flame war.

Vapros
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM
I don't really care what anyone believes. It's nobody's business but his/her own. My objection is to the rotten, objectionable and repetitive tactics I see employed, and I was wrong to think I could shame those using them. I couldn't.

However, I am ashamed for having gotten down in the dirt with them, so I am off this case, at least for a while. Be well - all of you, and I mean that. Over and out.

Bobbyrx
02-18-2007, 09:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Drunk driving, with three kids in the car!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/02/14/scalia.daughter.ap/index.html

How very conservative of her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Scalia must like drunks, he put one in the White House! <font color="blue"> Really tired of this lie being repeated and repeated as some sort of Democratic fact.....every creditable recount done shows Bush won Florida....even your beloved Washington Post web page (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12623-2001Nov11.html) . Even with Gore trying to block the military vote from over seas. I guess it really is man bites dog with a conservative drunk driving but as long as the Kennedy family is Democratic, liberal drunk driving is just dog bites man....you would have the same story in the paper every day, just another first name. Let's see we have Joe Kennedy sucking up to Hugo Chavez, William Kennedy Smith - rape after bar hopping with Uncle Ted, Kennedy cousin Michael Skakel's murder case with a golf club, son of Ted, disoriented Representative Patrick Kennedy driving around under the influence, and of course The Honorable Senator himself. Must be a slow news day at DailyKos