PDA

View Full Version : Masters chalk or Blue diamond?

bataisbest
02-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Just wondering what people prefer using for chalk Blue Diamond or Master? The Blue Diamond cost about $6.00 for 2 cubes and is made by Longoni. Is it really worth the extra $$?

Stones
02-17-2007, 11:16 PM
$6.00 for 2 cubes?

What is it, gold plated?

I've miscued with all kinds of chalk. I guess I'll have to try out this out and add it to the list.

$3.00 apiece! WOW!

Dagwood
02-17-2007, 11:20 PM
When given the option, I've ALWAYS used Masters blue. It just seems to grip the tip better, and I'll have less miscues than with other types. Now, I've never tried the Blue Diamond chalk, (if it's new that is), but, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to be appropriate here. Especially when you're talking 3 bux a cube.

Dags

wolfdancer
02-18-2007, 10:01 PM
"Is it really worth the extra $$?"

Only if you think that a Patek Phillipe is worth the extra $$, because it keeps better time then a Timex.
http://content.atlantictime.com/Uploads/Products/SmallWatches/3919-5J.jpg
Patek Philippe
Calatrava
3919-5J
Retail Price: $21,300.00
Our Price: $15,549.00
You Save: 27%

At $3 a cube....you should be able to lay it face down on the rail.....

Cornerman
02-19-2007, 05:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bataisbest:</font><hr> Just wondering what people prefer using for chalk Blue Diamond or Master? The Blue Diamond cost about $6.00 for 2 cubes and is made by Longoni. Is it really worth the extra $$? <hr /></blockquote>I love Masters Blue. But, I've been using Blue Diamond since May 06. If that means anything. But, then again, I'm an idiot.

Fred

Rich R.
02-19-2007, 07:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> I love Masters Blue. But, I've been using Blue Diamond since May 06. If that means anything. But, then again, I'm an idiot. <hr /></blockquote>
Not an idiot, just a Googan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chopstick
02-19-2007, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't buy it. I don't even use it. I bought a que case from Longoni in Vegas. He gave me some of their chalk. I miscued a lot with it. I have been using Masters forever. I never had a problem with it. I liked it because it was real smooth. I guess it has finer grains than masters. I had it on my table side by side with the Masters for about six months. I finally just threw it away.

Deeman3
02-19-2007, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Dagwood:</font><hr> When given the option, I've ALWAYS used Masters blue. It just seems to grip the tip better, and I'll have less miscues than with other types. Now, I've never tried the Blue Diamond chalk, (if it's new that is), but, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to be appropriate here. Especially when you're talking 3 bux a cube.

Dags <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Tap, Tap, Tap....Dags always knows the score... </font color>

dr_dave
02-19-2007, 10:12 AM
FYI, Platinum Billiards did some tests with various chalk brands. You can read the results here (https://www.platinumbilliards.com/rating_chalk.php).

Regards,
Dave
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bataisbest:</font><hr> Just wondering what people prefer using for chalk Blue Diamond or Master? The Blue Diamond cost about $6.00 for 2 cubes and is made by Longoni. Is it really worth the extra $$? <hr /></blockquote>