PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play a Lucasi cue?

07-22-2002, 01:49 AM
I like alot of the Lucasi designs, but I've never played one nor do I know anyone who has. If someone out their has, I'd sure like to hear there opinion.

Thanks!

griffith_d
07-22-2002, 06:20 AM
A lot of people seem to like them,...on this web site. See what they think:

http://easypooltutor.com/forum/index.php

Griff

Wally_in_Cincy
07-22-2002, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brad:</font><hr> I like alot of the Lucasi designs, but I've never played one nor do I know anyone who has. If someone out their has, I'd sure like to hear there opinion.

Thanks! <hr></blockquote>

I have one I play with sometimes. I really like the hit but the taper is a bit short for my taste. You just need to find one to test out. Good luck.

Rod
07-22-2002, 11:35 AM
Brad,
When I owned a room we sold a few. They have a decent solid hit. I think their finish leaves a little to be desired. Recently I had a tip put on a cue. When I was there he was replacing a wrap on a Lucasi. I noticed the butt had a lot of wobble or runout. He commented that he does a fair amount of wraps on Lucasi, and a number of them have warped butts. It could be they are abused by leaving them out in the heat or cold of a car, but thats hard to say.

Ryan
07-22-2002, 11:42 AM
There are quite a few people out there that like Lucasi, but I really can't say that I am one of them.

I have tried several that belong to people that I know, and I have not been overly impressed with any of them. Even though they had attractive styling, I found them to be extremely poorly balanced. I was also not overly impressed with the hit, but that may have been a result of their choice in tips as well.

On the positive side, they are very well priced for a cue with a Uni-Loc joint, and seem to be fairly well constructed in comparison to some of the other non-U.S. cues out there.

It all comes down to personal preference, and you may love the way it plays. Just take the time to compare it with some other cues in the same price range. Personally, I prefer the hit of both the Joss and Meucci to the Lucasi.

Good luck in your search!

Ryan

Michelle
07-22-2002, 12:27 PM
The general consensus of our customers is that they are one of the better hitting/quality cues coming from overseas.
They are also making a line specifically for one US distributor called Marathon cues that are running in the mid to upper $100's.
I think the Lucasi's look great (though I haven't shot with one before), but as pretty as they are, they can get pricey...

nmshooter
07-22-2002, 02:05 PM
I have 2 of them I use. I like them alot. I won them both in tournaments. At the time I won them I was using a McDermott and since then I have used the Lucasi's. I dont seem to have any trouble at all with them. IMO they are a good cue for the money.