PDA

View Full Version : My final post here.

S0Noma
02-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Hey guys, far too often I visit this forum only to find that a few of you (you KNOW who you are) have once again tipped over all the chairs and desks, divided yourselves up into the 'Reds' and the 'Blues' and are now hunkered down behind the furniture sniping at each other with rubber band guns for the 10,568,245,259th time (OK, maybe not THAT many times but it's a lot).

I KNOW its gotten to be a really fun game for some of you to play and that you must all look forward to it in one way or another. But... it's not fun for me anymore and the time has come to say, I'm done with it.

I've tried to find interesting, unique, often off the wall topics and thread starters to post here to bring some spice to this forum only to find them completely out competed by yawners like:

"Poor Pelosi cannot get bigger jet" - 433 views - 114 replies stretching over four pages.

or

"Here Is The Law...Dick Cheney Broke... " 588 views - 78 replies stretching over three pages

or this one (which I swear I thought might NEVER end):

"Bush lied, Bush lied, Bush lied !!!!!!" - 872 views and 93 replies running on for four mind boggling pages.
================================================== ========

It's been a couple of years since I first started posting here (snakebyte ring a bell?) During that time I've come to appreciate and respect every one of you in your own way. I can even say that I've enjoyed your company, learned from you and gotten a good laugh out of this place on more than one occasion. There are several of you that I dearly wish lived in my neighborhood because, even though we've never met, I LIKE YOU GUYS and I think it would be fun to hang out with you and call you my friends.

So, it is with some regret that I'm throwing in the towel here. The truth is I feel this little forum has been dying on its feet for quite some time now and I can't fix it all by myself.

Lately, I've come to realize that you folks may be very happy with things the way they are - a very small group of posters kicking the same political football up and down the same playing field - over and over and over.

Well... I'm not. I need more than that from a forum if I'm going to stick around and participate.

Love you guys - I really do.

Writing this post hasn't been easy but hey, it's time to say

- catch you later, I'm moving on.

wolfdancer
02-20-2007, 01:40 AM
you're forgetting the 899 views and 68 replies about a movie made in 1961, and another in 1986,...the 149 views about which chalk.....

This is the business we choose.Stupid thugs, people behaving like that. But I'll change, I'll change, I learned I have the strength to change.I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, just my enemies.I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect! We're both part of the same hypocrisy, but never think it applies to my family.(Godfather II quotes)
It does get a little out of hand though, can't say i blame you for calling it quits....I've done that a couple of times myself, but there are folks here I enjoy reading what they have to say...(you were one of them)....you'll be missed by many here....
well....last one to leave...turn out the lights

eg8r
02-20-2007, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the business we choose.Stupid thugs, people behaving like that. But I'll change, I'll change, I learned I have the strength to change.I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, just my enemies. <hr /></blockquote> Now that was funny. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Hey Snake,

Sorry to see you go again. It kinda sucks to see people bow out, I wish you would reconsider, again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

hondo
02-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I've really enjoyed your posts. I do know what you
mean, however. I quit posting on the political
threads at AZ because of the insults and futility
and rarely post here because it's gotten a little
same old, same old.
I do think you'll be missed on here.

pooltchr
02-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I can understand your frustration. I have had similar thoughts lately. The discussions have deteriorated to an "I'm right and you are an idiot if you don't agree" mentality. That, along with the fact that some posters just keep posting the same old crap over and over. There is very little give and take here. Some just want to use it as a platform to show how "educated" they are, some just pop on with an ignorant comment or two, and then wait for their puppies to give them a "tap tap tap", and some just wait for one or two posters to post anything so they can jump in and tell them to go abuse themselves. It's often petty, sometimes downright nasty, and for the most part useless. Some can't or won't even try to see a different point of view. It's the "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts." mentality.

Trying to defend either party is pretty much worthless. Neither party seems interested in doing anything other than building their own power base. Common sense in Washington is practically non-existant, and it seems to be disappearing here as well.

While there are a few posters here who seem willing to have a civil discussion, the majority would rather spew the party line, without thinking about what they are actually saying.

You will be missed, but with my understanding. I may not be far behind. I have just about had my limit of the vicious hatred that seems to flow from a few posters here. Too much negativity is not good for anyone's mental health.
Steve

wolfdancer
02-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Oddly enough,your reply to Sonoma echoes my own thoughts on the postings here....but we are both referring to "the other side."
Civil discourse has been replaced by hateful diatribe.
Some of us are just plain frustrated by current affairs...and worried as well. We've been using (and abusing)this board, as a place to unleash our anger.
Even in my own role as educator to the right, I've been guilty of a little invective myself. (lol)
Maybe we should declare a "truce"...at least tone down the posts a bit....and if Ed could stop adding the personal insults....
It's politics itself, that is the root problem of this country. The entire elected body of a party is expected to go along with the whims of the party leaders....rewarded if they do...banished if they don't. It's become a "rubber stamp" congress, and rule by just a few....and only the opposing views on this war seperate the two parties....(you couldn't tell the players,without a name tag)
don't believe the founders of this Country had that in mind, when they set up the three branches...to check and balance....
I'm hoping for a party change in the next Presidential election....but don't see any Saviour on the horizon.

wolfdancer
02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
R, Maybe you have a good idea ....instead of putting up with all this here....i could go down to the local Jesuit store and buy me a hairshirt.

Deeman3
02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I've really enjoyed your posts. I do know what you
mean, however. I quit posting on the political
threads at AZ because of the insults and futility
and rarely post here because it's gotten a little
same old, same old.
I do think you'll be missed on here. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> We do agree on this. I see the venom is leaking onto the CCB side as well, if just a little. I moved over there for a while to cool things off, for me personally.

"God will watch over me, but your F**ked!"
Braveheart /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

DeeMan

wolfdancer
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Gayle is thinking of surrendering to the pressure as well. I don't see Dick posting here anymore, so that would leave me, alone against Ed, Steve, Vapor, and Booby.
I might just take a pass myself....spend a little more time doing my impression of the Six million dollar man, on my new treadmill....and get rid of some of this baby fat.
I've even been encouraged in this endeavor by a right winger, who has made the dubious claim that he now resembles Stan Laurel more, then Oliver Hardy??? But I think the scales still groan a little when he steps on them.

"He's walking into that drugstore...he's stepping onto the scales...(SNICK! CLICK!) Weight: 237 pounds...Fortune: Danger! Whoooo is it? The...Fat Man!"

Deeman3
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Can't claim Stan the non-man status yet but I will get there. Dubious claims, I just bought a half dozen pairs of pants that I cold not have gotten on one leg a while ago. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I do plan, one day, on findly referring to Jack as Oliver Hardy... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DeeWoman says she believes I am serious and not just because of the lessened pressure on her skinny back but because she knows me! If I was not going to lose the rest, I would have bought a dozen even new pairs! Gotta love it when a woman knows you that well.

DeeMan
Yep the scales are still not breathing easy but, they know I have a long way to go...Question, will I lose an equal portion of my Ego as I lose the weight? I hope not!

Sid_Vicious
02-20-2007, 07:00 PM
SONoma...Really sorry to see you go, avid players leaving are a real loss. I doubt you will sway from your decision, but I'd like you to consider setting your filter to only the Pool Related stuff and avoid the NPR. Maybe you have PR posts in reference also yet those "uglies" have come and gone since day one here. Again, sorry it's come to a total leaving Friend...sid

SPetty
02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Or, you could stick around and just keep out of the political stuff. There's only a few who are posting the political stuff - the rest of us revel when there is non-political stuff posted!

wolfdancer
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
You guys really revel over politics?
REVEL:
1 : to take part in a revel : CAROUSE
2 : to take intense pleasure or satisfaction &lt;reveled in the quiet after everyone had gone&gt;

and here all the while I thought it was upsetting folks...we'll have to turn up the "heat"....lol
I'm through with politics....(I hope)

nAz
02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
know what you mean snake, that why i have not been posting much either.... im sick of frans post /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif lol btw where is she?

anyways this one is for you....

Na-na na-na-na na na na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye
Hey hey-hey, goodbye
Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye

Qtec
02-21-2007, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've tried to find interesting, unique, often off the wall topics and thread starters to post here to bring some spice to this forum only to find them completely out competed by yawners like:

"Poor Pelosi cannot get bigger jet" - 433 views - 114 replies stretching over four pages <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, the Pelosi thread was a good thread-a real Whodunit. I thought my posts were pretty good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Wolf also made an excellent comment as well.
If I could find a forum where everyone agrees with me /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, I wouldn't hang around there. It would be too boring.
Q

SPetty
02-21-2007, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> You guys really revel over politics?
REVEL:
1 : to take part in a revel : CAROUSE
2 : to take intense pleasure or satisfaction &lt;reveled in the quiet after everyone had gone&gt;

and here all the while I thought it was upsetting folks...we'll have to turn up the "heat"....lol<hr /></blockquote>At the risk of sounding like eg8r, please re-read my post. Or don't. What it said was (and I've added some emphasis this time):

"the rest of us revel when there is non-political stuff posted!"

I think we "un-revel" with all the political crap.

wolfdancer
02-21-2007, 12:19 PM
I didn't read yer post correctly the first time....me bad...
but no reason for you to take offense....I was just kidding about it.
But, that's the way things are going around this board lately, can't blame Richard for giving up.
Even Dr. Dave, writing just about pool, has to post a second time over misconceptions over his first post.
Political discourse might be crap to some, but important and interesting to others....it's all turned into a pi**ing contest here though....so I'm through.
If I had any real sense though, given your apparent bitterness, and others...I should do the same as Richard....

SPetty
02-21-2007, 06:47 PM
No worries. I didn't take offense, nor am I bitter. I was just trying to encourage him to stick around, but just stay outside of the political posts. Truly, there's more to NPR than politics, eh?

eg8r
02-21-2007, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I had any real sense though, given your apparent bitterness, <hr /></blockquote> Wolf, your panties are wound too tight. Why can't Spetty kindly correct you without you getting so dang defensive. You are the bitter one. She was very polite pointing out the error in your reading (I am used to your mis-reading) and you are the one that got pissy.

eg8r

Drop1
02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Nice attack,and you had your own private reason to be so mean spirited. Nobody was writing to you. Why do you think you have the liscence to attack people? Now you will probably reply,in your own witless style. I think deep in your heart,you are a good person,but you have a need to post,when you have nothing to say.

wolfdancer
02-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the support....I may have taken the "read it, or don't" remark....wrong....but there's good old Ed, correcting me, with a few "catty" remarks thrown in for good measure.

eg8r
02-22-2007, 07:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody was writing to you. <hr /></blockquote> Should I take you seriously, no one was writing to you either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif This is a forum and anyone has an opportunity to post a reply to any post on the the board. It appears you are taking the same liberty I did, should I think this is an attack by you? Nope, I am not that thin-skinned. [ QUOTE ]
Why do you think you have the liscence to attack people? <hr /></blockquote> Pointing out the obvious is not an attack. [ QUOTE ]
I think deep in your heart,you are a good person,but you have a need to post,when you have nothing to say. <hr /></blockquote> You continue to lead by example.

eg8r

hondo
02-22-2007, 10:07 AM
These last few posts are the very reason people
are leaving. LMFAO!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Nobody was writing to you. <hr /></blockquote> Should I take you seriously, no one was writing to you either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif This is a forum and anyone has an opportunity to post a reply to any post on the the board. It appears you are taking the same liberty I did, should I think this is an attack by you? Nope, I am not that thin-skinned. &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Why do you think you have the liscence to attack people? <hr /></blockquote> Pointing out the obvious is not an attack. &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
I think deep in your heart,you are a good person,but you have a need to post,when you have nothing to say. <hr /></blockquote> You continue to lead by example.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Stretch
02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> These last few posts are the very reason people
are leaving. LMFAO!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Nobody was writing to you. <hr /></blockquote> Should I take you seriously, no one was writing to you either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif This is a forum and anyone has an opportunity to post a reply to any post on the the board. It appears you are taking the same liberty I did, should I think this is an attack by you? Nope, I am not that thin-skinned. &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Why do you think you have the liscence to attack people? <hr /></blockquote> Pointing out the obvious is not an attack. &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;

eg8r <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

OK BREAK IT UP!!! KNOWONE IS GOING KNOWWHERE!!! EDDIE, QUIT TEASING YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WOLF I TOLD YOU NOT TO BITE, spetty AND gAIL GET TO YOUR OWN SIDE OF THE ROOM. SPEAKING ABOUT ROOM, LOOK AT THIS PLACE IT'S A MESS. CLEAN IT UP!!! ......... "SLAMS" the bedroom door and goes back to his pool game muttering "jeezes them kids are loud, how can anyone play pool with THAT going on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St.

hondo
02-22-2007, 11:04 AM
OK BREAK IT UP!!! KNOWONE IS GOING KNOWWHERE!!! EDDIE, QUIT TEASING YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WOLF I TOLD YOU NOT TO BITE, spetty AND gAIL GET TO YOUR OWN SIDE OF THE ROOM. SPEAKING ABOUT ROOM, LOOK AT THIS PLACE IT'S A MESS. CLEAN IT UP!!! ......... "SLAMS" the bedroom door and goes back to his pool game muttering "jeezes them kids are loud, how can anyone play pool with THAT going on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif St. [/quote

Thanks. We needed that.

eg8r
02-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks Dad. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Fran Crimi
02-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Sorry to see you go, Snakebyte. I thought your reports from the trenches of New Orleans during the aftermath of Katrina were incredible. Thanks for that.

As for the other stuff...well, as you know from my rants about the childish displays here, I gave up trying to have respectful political debates here a long time ago. Maybe you should stick around. Maybe finally enough posters are getting fed up.

Whatever you decide, nice posting with you (and against you at times /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

Fran

Eric.
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
While I don't usually bother with "farewell cruel world" posts, this one grabbed me.

I'm sorry to see you go, Snakebyte. I share your viewpoints. You've been a source of light hearted, interesting links over the years and I will miss them.

Eric

cushioncrawler
02-22-2007, 07:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote S0Noma:</font><hr> Hey guys, far too often I visit this forum only to find that a few of you (you KNOW who you are) have once again tipped over all the chairs and desks, divided yourselves up into the 'Reds' and the 'Blues' and are now hunkered down behind the furniture sniping at each other with rubber band guns for the 10,568,245,259th time (OK, maybe not THAT many times but it's a lot).

I KNOW its gotten to be a really fun game for some of you to play and that you must all look forward to it in one way or another. But... it's not fun for me anymore and the time has come to say, I'm done with it.

"Poor Pelosi cannot get bigger jet" - 433 views - 114 replies stretching over four pages.

or

"Here Is The Law...Dick Cheney Broke... " 588 views - 78 replies stretching over three pages

or this one (which I swear I thought might NEVER end):

"Bush lied, Bush lied, Bush lied !!!!!!" - 872 views and 93 replies running on for four mind boggling pages.
================================================== ========

It's been a couple of years since I first started posting here (snakebyte ring a bell?) During that time I've come to appreciate and respect every one of you in your own way. I can even say that I've enjoyed your company, learned from you and gotten a good laugh out of this place on more than one occasion. There are several of you that I dearly wish lived in my neighborhood because, even though we've never met, I LIKE YOU GUYS and I think it would be fun to hang out with you and call you my friends. So, it is with some regret that I'm throwing in the towel here. The truth is I feel this little forum has been dying on its feet for quite some time now and I can't fix it all by myself. Lately, I've come to realize that you folks may be very happy with things the way they are - a very small group of posters kicking the same political football up and down the same playing field - over and over and over. Well... I'm not. I need more than that from a forum if I'm going to stick around and participate. Love you guys - I really do. Writing this post hasn't been easy but hey, it's time to say - catch you later, I'm moving on. <hr /></blockquote> Hey, i allwayz read all of your posts. And, 50 views and 5 replyz iz actually a good and worthwhile score. But a "high" view-score duznt really signify that the original posting woz good nor bad, nor duz it signify whether the viewers enjoyed the view. I rarely reply to a posting just koz i agree, or just koz i think the posting iz excellent. I uzually only post/reply when i really feel i shood add something, and hence likewize i dont mind getting allmost zero feedback to my own postings.

On other forums, i might take say 15 minutes putting together some sort of questions or ideas, knowing full-well that i will get only about 30 views and perhaps 4 replyz. Once or twice i got 2 replyz -- and on one occasion both of the replyz were my own. Thats the way it goze.

Re the red-blue hate-mail, there is often some first-class stuff in there, and much of it applyz to us in Ozz, and, i often agree (partly) with both sides, so, i dont mind wading throo it if i have time.

Keep that good work of yours going -- dont leev -- we (i) need u. madMac.

Drop1
02-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Right you are my boy,I have the right to make a comment about your reply,and you have the right to make a comment about mine.