PDA

View Full Version : Who's who in the south

ChadCash
02-20-2007, 03:06 AM
What about that Stevie Moore.Gotta be my fav player in the south . He is winning everything . A pro title is coming very soon for this guy. Met him at viking nat'l in ATL ,really nice person.Also Sparky Ferrell.Very entertaing to watch in competition.When he warms up fires them in ,so natural. What's Tony Watson from NC up to Havent seen him or heard ?

Dagwood
02-20-2007, 06:52 AM
I don't know what Tony is up to right now, but I would imagine that he's getting himself into no certain amount of trouble. Talk about someone who's entertaining to watch, as long as you aren't on the recieving end of it.

Have to agree with you about Stevie. Real nice guy. You can tell he used to road around with guys like Tony though when he shoots. Watch his back hand when he's stroking the ball. There's a very noticable shake...indicitive of some unsavory habits in his past. I'm glad that he's starting to make a bigger name for himself though. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. (taking in to account, he IS still a pool player...which isn't far removed from a poker player)

Dags

Deeman3
02-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Dags,

I had noticed the shake at The Derby City but it sure didn't seem to impact his wonderful stroke. I believe someone on here said it was a nervous condition that stops for the moment of his shot, sort of like a few old timers used to have. Not sure of the origins of the shakebut he has a great game and will do well.

DeeMan

pooltchr
02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Dee,
I watched him play several matches at one of the IPT qualifiers. I noticed the shake, but it's only on his warm-up strokes. When he pulls the trigger, it's as smooth as glass. I also heard someone suggest it was a nervous condition. I think he has what it takes to be a champion. I know that I couldn't even carry his cue case. He is a serious talent in the pool world.
Steve

Dagwood
02-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Now, I'm going to say first that, the only reason I say that it's indicative of a past unsavory habit is from being around people like Tony...and watching their condition deteriorate. Secondly, I've only been around Stevie and talked to him a few times. But one of my better friends knows him pretty well and gave me the "supposed" inside scoop on it. So, for all intents and purposes it's still hearsay. Love to watch Stevie play, he's got loads of talent, experience and knowledge...and like I said before, he's a nice guy. I hope he keeps doing well.

Dags