PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Steak

Chopstick
02-21-2007, 07:45 AM
I bought one at the grocery store the other day. It was expensive. $10 for a sirloin. It was really good. It was leaner and had more flavor than beef. Now that I've had one it makes me mad that we shot em all for sport and hides. They are an excellent food source.

bsmutz
02-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Try a roast some day. Talk about deeelicious! We used to cook it on a spit over an open fire and carve off pieces as they got done. I would imagine it would be even better on a barbecue or a slow roaster. Very little fat and the hamburger is very good also.

Chopstick
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
The store also had some hambuger. I'll try that next. That roast gives me an idea. I have a rotisserie for my grill tht I have never used and I see I can order the roasts on the internet. Maybe even use some hickory chips.

wolfdancer
02-21-2007, 12:22 PM
"They are an excellent food source."
The Indians had that same idea.....

Deeman3
02-21-2007, 03:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> "They are an excellent food source."
The Indians had that same idea..... <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> and, my fellow rotund friend, how many fat Indians did you see John Wayne slaughter????? The only one I recall was the one that Wolfdancer let get away in "Dances with Wolves." Wait? Oh! My God! I have outted you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

</font color>

DeeMan non-political post certified....

wolfdancer
02-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Rotund???
I was going to send you a video of me on my treadmill....but I'm just a blur....on it.
I have a friend going through a fed academy....and just lost two classmates who missed the 1 1/2 miles run time limit of 16 min, by seconds.....His own time is in the 98 percentile for his age group. I'd be in the 100% bracket in my age group....we're allowed 1 1/2 hours to complete the run, with a 30 min rest period at the half way mark....
Shall I challenge you to a 5k run? Winner gets to shave the loser's head?.....That's the bet Donald Trump and Vince McMahn have going....they're using designated wrestlers...we could get a couple of stand-in runners, and have a beer while they are racing......

eg8r
02-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey Chopstick, where are you shopping. I am a Publix guy and have not seen Buffalo at the local store.

eg8r

Chopstick
02-22-2007, 06:44 AM
This is the one on 434 north on 436 near the Longwood and Altamonte border. I just happened to see it mixed in with the beef steaks. I am going to ckeck out the one in Maitland later on.

There is a guy over in Ocoee who has buffalos walking around in his yard. It's fenced in of course. I was driving home from golf one Sunday and took a different route home. I come around a curve and saw some standing by the road and my first thought was "Damn, that's an ugly cow." I may have to go knock on his door.

Same thing happened to me over in Maitland. Came around a curve and there is a flock of full grown Emus standing there. It's Flarda. Where else can you throw a hook in the water and pull out a fish with legs on the bottom, wings on the side, and posionous spines down it's back.

Come to think of it, we do have that nuclear reactor over on the Crystal river.