PDA

View Full Version : Had a talisman tip put on..........

irunrax
02-21-2007, 08:35 AM
..and i really like it. I had been shooting with a moori hard and before that i had a moori medium, but the medium mushroomed to much and the hard had to be scuffed all the time. This is my first talisman and i have to say i really like it. Does anyone else on this board use a talisman tip? If not, what tip do you use?

Sid_Vicious
02-21-2007, 12:13 PM
I use Moori hard tips. I have lots of Talismans laying around from the past experiments, no complaint but the Moori tips simply please me better. I've not tried any currently manufactured Talismans. I also use the latest generation of Lapro tips on my break stick. Nice smack into the pack...sid

ChadCash
02-22-2007, 01:15 AM
I use a moori med on my schrager. after a few days of play it mushroomed,so I had it trimmed and shaped . Once again it shroomed and I fixed it . Finally I guess it settled .After 5,6 months still perfect shaped it like 2 x

I had a talisman med.on Keith Josey. The tip would not miscue no matter how low I aimed , no exaggeration. The part that sux is I by mistake left it at a pool room in Nashville like a tard.Just ordered 2 more for a cue I want to experiment on that has a southwest-ish/curve taper

Ralph S.
02-22-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey Dave, I really think that you will be happy with the Talisman, as you know I have mentioned them several times in the past. I first tried one about five years ago, and will never switch back. They are the best tip on the market, atleast in my opinion they are. See ya round buddy!1 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bsmutz
02-22-2007, 09:51 AM
I have a WB Talisman on my shooter. I had it put on last summer (dime radius) and it delaminated a couple of months ago. Very disappointing. I think it delaminated due to my habit of wiping the tip off by spinning it slightly into the carpet. I reshaped it and am still using it, but I think I'm going to change to a Sniper this weekend. A chunk flew out of my break tip last night, so I'm going to replace that with a Taliman J/B tip that I got when I purchased the WB tips.