PDA

View Full Version : Garage Floor Upgrade to Bamboo!...Pool Room!

BigRigTom
02-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I promised several people that I would post some info once I made my decision on that upgrade and as you can see I am now beyond the point of no return.....he he.
They're doing it now....and it's starting to look GREAT!
My thanks to all of you who helped me in the decision process, especially "Brian in Va" who shared his experience with us recently.
I will post additional photos once it is completed. Now I need to redo the walls, get some new spectator chairs, redo the ceiling, then get that new Gold Crown! My wife will kill me if she reads this....he he /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif It will take some time but I do have a plan. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
http://www.BigRigToys.com/lib/bigrigtoystore/GarageFloor1.jpg

wolfdancer
02-21-2007, 03:20 PM
It's going to look great tom...i've been tempted myself, after seeing Brian's photos....

MrLucky
02-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Bamboo is a great choice full or laminate since it is moisture resistant ! I am presently doing my kitchen floor with it as we speak! Good Luck ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brian in VA
02-22-2007, 07:02 AM
That's exciting Tom! Hope it works out for you and your new room is as treasured as mine is. Glad I could help, too.
What on earth did we do before the web existed?

Brian in VA

BigRigTom
02-23-2007, 02:08 AM
Brian!
It is exciting and just look what a GREAT job they did! It cost me about 3 times what you got yours for but all in all I am happy I went this way. I am absolutely amazed how much a difference it has made!
You will see my dogs are checking out the workmanship and they all approve completely too.
http://BigRigToys.com/lib/bigrigtoystore/GarageFloor2.jpghttp://BigRigToys.com/lib/bigrigtoystore/GarageFloor3.jpg
http://BigRigToys.com/lib/bigrigtoystore/GarageFloor4.jpghttp://BigRigToys.com/lib/bigrigtoystore/GarageFloor5.jpg

Thanks again to "Brian in Va" and everyone on the CCB for your help. It has paid BIG Dividends already and there is and more to come. I'll pass on updates as they become available, it will be a while though because that floor was EXPENSIVE!

Rich R.
02-23-2007, 06:12 AM
It's beautiful Tom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA
02-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Tom,
Looks terrific! Good show! Enjoy it and keep posting the pics. I'm going to do the same as I make changes to my room, too.

Brian in VA

Stretch
02-24-2007, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Tom,
Looks terrific! Good show! Enjoy it and keep posting the pics. I'm going to do the same as I make changes to my room, too.

Brian in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Awsome looking floor! Is that table for midgets? It looks like it's only 2 ft high! St.

BigRigTom
02-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Will do. I now need to recover from the financial impact a bit....the next thing will be to finish the dry wall, install a bit of insulation as needed then paint the whole garage.
We expect to have to replace our central air in the near future and when I do that I want to install duct work to feed the cool air into the garage/rec room. That makes the insulation a must. We don't have to worry too much about cold weather but the electric bill will eat you alive here in the summer months.

Thanks again for your input, I would probably have not went with bamboo had it not been for your pictures etc. I am really happy the way it turned out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brian in VA
02-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Stretch says
"Awsome looking floor! Is that table for midgets? It looks like it's only 2 ft high! St. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm guessing camera angle. Or Tom's invented another new pool game, knee pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Brian in VA

Stretch
02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Stretch says
"Awsome looking floor! Is that table for midgets? It looks like it's only 2 ft high! St. <hr /></blockquote>
I'm guessing camera angle. Or Tom's invented another new pool game, knee pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lol, i'm sure it is the angle i didn't want to sound negative as it is an absolutely beautiful Renovation! But yeah, with the elevation of the camera and the dogs in the foreground it looks like the table only comes up to the dogs back! My knees, at 6'5". not good lol. St.

BigRigTom
02-26-2007, 06:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Stretch:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Stretch says

lol, i'm sure it is the angle i didn't want to sound negative as it is an absolutely beautiful Renovation! But yeah, with the elevation of the camera and the dogs in the foreground it looks like the table only comes up to the dogs back! My knees, at 6'5". not good lol. St. <hr /></blockquote>

In the words of John Travolta "Ain't it Cool!"
I noticed that illusion also but was not sure you would see it once the photos were downsized for the web. It does look like the dogs backs are close to table level. I was standing on the seat of my exercise bike and all the dogs decided to cirle around me like a freshly treed possum.

You can't see all of the "Big Dog", only his rear end. He is Lord Maximillian of Azure Hills and weights in at 113 lbs. Very big for a pure bred golden. The one you see is only a 6 month old pup. Her name is Lady Tara of Azure Hills and she will soon (hopefully) be the mother of Max's children. We still have to have her checked out to be sure she can handle the mother bit and give us some healthy puppies. The black one is the "OLD DOG", 15 years old Belgium Sheep Dog. She is on medication for her hips and incontenence so her coat is pretty ragged looking but she is still a sweetheart of an old girl and we've loved her since we got her out of a shelter in Matson, Il back in 1992. She won't last much longer so we just try to make her comfortable for as long as she can make it.

O YES!
The table height is 31.5 at the end where the dogs are and because of the slant of the garage floor the other end is 32 inches. Some of you experts might notice that difference as you walk around the table but I have not really felt the difference enought to be a real factor in my playing ability.