PDA

View Full Version : Missing "Ken's" Artistic Posts

Doctor_D
07-22-2002, 06:55 AM
Good morning:

Ken must be busy at work, and with his new bride, because his indepth and articulate posts have been noticably absent.

Ken, where are you ?

Dr. D.

WaltVA
07-22-2002, 07:05 AM
Good morning, Dr. D. - Quoting Ken, he has "reared his ugly head" this morning at another board where he has been AWOL recently. Perhaps you won't have TOO long a wait before he reappears here. (Fish must really have been biting!)

Walt in VA

Doctor_D
07-22-2002, 07:07 AM
Good morning:

Either that, or he has had some other interesting distraction.

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

07-22-2002, 09:48 AM
Ken rackup has continued to make childish posts elsewhere to the point of being ridiculous. Bill's friend

rackmup
07-22-2002, 10:30 AM
Billy, Billy, Billy,

I haven't posted ANYWHERE in several weeks, including playpool.com (where I mormally "vent" my frustrations with feeble-minded idiots of your ilk.) Today is the first time in a long time and it was because someone (and not just myself) has to keep your half-brother Greggie in his place.

That being said, and with no further responses to the "Brain-cell deprived" (like Billy), yes, it is true that I have been "out of it" for several weeks. Pool, the boards, nor anything else has really mattered in recent days. Without going into the details of it all, my life has taken a "bad turn". There are a few people that know about it but I have chosen to deal with it and try to work it out, without burdening others.

I miss the chats with the regulars of this board, the mental sparring matches with the lurkers and anonymous posters and the friendships I have developed here.

There is more to life than pool. In recent weeks, other areas of my life have been turned upside down and as Sid, Spiderman, SPetty and Scott Lee can tell you, my game is hurting.

I'm certain there will be the usual responses to this post from the "short-bus" crowd and honestly, they don't bother me. The regulars here at the CCB can do me the favor of understanding the reasons for my absence and simply include me in their prayers.

God bless,

Ken

Mr Ingrate
07-22-2002, 10:36 AM
"indept and articulate"

Hi Dr. D.,

I'm sure you didn't mean "inept" because Ken is usually very "ept". I know there is no such word as ept, but the word inept begs the question.

I'll assume you meant "in-depth" even though that suggests an amount of research is involved. I have enjoyed many of Ken's posts and agree he is articulate.

Lester
07-22-2002, 10:51 AM
I have enjoyed many of Ken's posts and agree he is articulate. <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Dave, where have you been hiding. I thought BD sent you a Lucasi cue and you were "getting used to it". ha ha I too enjoy Ken's posts, and hope a "good turn" comes his way. ****Lester****

Doctor_D
07-22-2002, 10:51 AM
Good afternoon Ken:

Your extended family his here for you if and when you need us. Lean on us if you need to.

Dr. D.

SpiderMan
07-22-2002, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good afternoon Ken:

Your extended family his here for you if and when you need us. Lean on us if you need to.

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

(Sigh) Never got an offer like that after my "recent loss" ;(

SpiderMan

Tom_In_Cincy
07-22-2002, 11:05 AM
we did have a post mortum though..

Royal ending..

07-22-2002, 12:49 PM
an she done spelled autistic wrong also lol

=k=
07-22-2002, 01:14 PM
ken prayers your way.. need anything else, let me know..

MikeM
07-22-2002, 01:24 PM
Ken,

I have always enjoyed your sense of humor and I too miss your posts. I hope the next good turn is just up ahead for you.

All the best,

Mike

07-22-2002, 04:15 PM
You can't resist. You must respond or you will explode. Your pool game was not very good in Arizona either. I know. In your own words there is more to life than pool. You have been humbled very recently yet you still attack and call names and you sign off with God Bless? Do overcome this challenge you are faced with. It is possible to be a man without having to belittle and insult another human. Now pound on your chest and attack the short bus crowd. Good luck with reversing karma. Bill's friend

Mr Ingrate
07-22-2002, 05:57 PM
Hey Lester,

I don't post a heck of a lot and sort of divide my time between BD, AZ, and PP.

I'm checking out the pool scene here on Vancouver Island. Kind of slow in the summer, but I'm already lined up with a BCA league when it starts in the fall. There are a few tournaments in the surrounding towns and something called the Island 9-ball Tour. Looking forward to playing in that tho I suspect I will need to play above my usual game to be competitive.

Other than that, I'm working on some pool related stuff and enjoying my retirement.

Barbara
07-22-2002, 06:28 PM
Hey Big Guy!! Smoochies to you and Joanne!! Enjoy your time and enjoy it that much more. I'm having a great time just not studying!!! Yeeeehaaaa!! Just watching TV and then pool on TV at 9 EST. Gotta get the Old Man to set up that air conditioner in the basement so I can shoot again. Wooohoooo, I'm back into mainstream life.....!!!!

So where's Stretch and how is he doing????

Barbara~~~pool on tv in 20 minutes... do I remember how to play???

Also missing Ken... loved his interpretations on playpool.com...

07-22-2002, 07:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SpiderMan:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Doctor_D:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Good afternoon Ken:

Dr. D.
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

SpiderMan

<hr></blockquote>

I guess you missed my offer?........LOL

07-22-2002, 07:27 PM
You know the number...call anytime. I don't pray, but I'm sending good thoughts your way buddy!

07-22-2002, 07:46 PM
lololol

07-22-2002, 07:47 PM
dave let me know if you ever cross the water... we can play a few

rackmup
07-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Billy boy,

You don't know me or my game. And if you did, I guarantee you, your money now resides in my wallet.

Be careful what you say...I may be back in AZ before you know it and the distance between us will be MUCH shorter (arms length).

And yes, God bless you too.

Ken

Troy
07-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Hang in there Ken (I know you will). Good to see you back to posting.

Troy...~~~ Got Ken's e-mail.

SpiderMan
07-23-2002, 08:18 AM
Lorri,

I'm sure I responded to your offer. It was warmly
appreciated. I'll double-check, though.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Lorri:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: SpiderMan:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Doctor_D:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Good afternoon Ken:

Dr. D.

SpiderMan

I guess you missed my offer?........LOL <hr></blockquote>

Mr Ingrate
07-23-2002, 10:29 AM
I'll make sure I do. And may I extend a similar invitation?

Mr Ingrate
07-23-2002, 10:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Hey Big Guy!! Smoochies to you and Joanne!! Enjoy your time and enjoy it that much more. I'm having a great time just not studying!!! Yeeeehaaaa!! Just watching TV and then pool on TV at 9 EST. Gotta get the Old Man to set up that air conditioner in the basement so I can shoot again. Wooohoooo, I'm back into mainstream life.....!!!!

So where's Stretch and how is he doing????

Barbara~~~pool on tv in 20 minutes... do I remember how to play???

Also missing Ken... loved his interpretations on playpool.com... <hr></blockquote>

Hi Barbara,

Joanne says hello. We are both enjoying ourselves in paradise. I sent stretch an email a couple of weeks ago when he surfaced on playpool.com. Haven't heard back from him.