PDA

View Full Version : Moori Tip Issue

Bassn7
02-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Has anyone else had the edges of their Moori tips crack apart and appear brittle? I had about 5 of them have this happen after about 3 months of shooting. Possible fake Morris? Anyone with insight?

Sid_Vicious
02-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Nope. Are these hard tips, and who did the installs???sid

Bassn7
02-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Moori mediums. They did not come in the sealed foil packets though. That's what my worry is about. I've been doing my tips for 20 years without problems. This issue is a first of its kind with this specific pack of tips.

JimS
02-22-2007, 10:37 PM
My Quick Morri's did not come in individual envelopes either but I've not experienced any problems.

Rich R.
02-23-2007, 06:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> Possible fake Morris? <hr /></blockquote>
I remember reading something about fake Morri's being on the market, but I don't know any of the details, like a different look or how to tell the real from the fake. It is always possible that you got some of the fakes. Did you have a reputable supplier?

I am a Moori user also, but I don't install my own. I put my faith in reputable repair guys.

SpiderMan
02-23-2007, 08:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> Moori mediums. They did not come in the sealed foil packets though. That's what my worry is about. I've been doing my tips for 20 years without problems. This issue is a first of its kind with this specific pack of tips.
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm not familiar with "sealed foil packets" for Mooris. I wonder if that could be some sort of repackaging that is done at the retail level for small quantities.

I've bought Mooris in the past, always full tins, from both Barringer's and Atlas Billiard Supply. From both sources, the packaging was always a round tin with paper label on top. Inside, the tips were not separated or contained in any kind of foil.

SpiderMan

Fran Crimi
02-23-2007, 08:44 AM
I think it's strange that it would happen after 3 months. I've had other laminated tips with problems (never Mooris) but the problems always show up within the first week or so. Are you sure it's not the way you're storing your cue? Have you been using laminated tips all along?

Fran

Bassn7
02-23-2007, 12:55 PM
It's not just my cue. Four others had the same thing happen. But 10 others that I've checked on still look great. The top edge all the way around just seems to crack away in tiny pieces. Odd. I've had my Moori last for a year and a half now, no problems at all.

Deeman3
02-23-2007, 01:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bassn7:</font><hr> It's not just my cue. Four others had the same thing happen. But 10 others that I've checked on still look great. The top edge all the way around just seems to crack away in tiny pieces. Odd. I've had my Moori last for a year and a half now, no problems at all. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue">

A V-8 moment. You are buying Fake Chinese Moori tips. Serves the Japanese right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>

DeeMan
never had an issue with a Moori, did with a Becky once