PDA

View Full Version : Why Democrats can't win

Drop1
02-22-2007, 07:16 PM
The Democratic candidates are attacking one another,and a divided effort,ie Obama and Clinton plays right into the hands of the Republican machine, a well organized big box group of Christians,and non Christians that will roll over the Democrats,and George Walker Bush will not be an issue. Sound bites,and foto ops will make Juliani the next President. Just my opinion.

Chopstick
02-23-2007, 06:13 AM
I think you hit that one right on the head. I don't think that campaigns should be conducted that way. In the context of process improvement, our system is no different than any other. The approach should be the same. Here we are. Here is what we have and this is what we are going to do to make it better. That's all I want to hear from any of them. Where's the plan?

If I don't hear one then they are worthless in my opinion. So and so stands for this. What's that supposed to mean? Am I supposed to infer some future action will be taken based on a belief system the candidate claims to embrace?

The reason the government doesn't work as well as it should is because we keep electing politicians. In most cases, they have zero qualifications to manage anything. Pick any candidate and look at their resume like you are hiring them for a job, because you are. Ask what they have run before and how did it work out?

I don't get this party system. Why should it matter what party they are in? What can they do? Time after time we elect these worthless dead beats and then complain when their performance is crappy. There really should be a none of the above on the ballot. If none of the above wins then we fire the present candidates, get some more and do it again.

eg8r
02-23-2007, 07:11 AM
Hey Chopstick,

I definitely agree with you on this one. I think the one big problem is that no matter who is elected as President, in the end no one person really has any say as to what happens. These guys that get elected are the puppets for those behind the scene pulling the strings.

So, what do you think about abolishing homestead taxes in favor of an increase in state sales tax? Crist definitely seems intent on making changes and doing it quickly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
02-23-2007, 07:14 AM
It seems a bit early for this to get so nasty already. As far as the Right being organized, we will have to see.

eg8r

Qtec
02-23-2007, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These guys that get elected are the puppets for those behind the scene pulling the strings <hr /></blockquote>

Amazing! So you DO get it!

In America, if JC would run for Pres. he would never get elected if he didn't have the financial resources and the backing of those now in power.
You get to vote between the puppets they dangle before you. It happens all over the world- corruption abounds.

The difference is that the US CORRUPTION IS SO OBVIOUS !
A conservative estimate for the Iraqi war is 800 Billion dollars! Follow the money and you will find certain individuals making a fortune from the chaos in the ME..
How many mercenariess are in Iraq working for the USA?
Q

Deeman3
02-23-2007, 10:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
These guys that get elected are the puppets for those behind the scene pulling the strings <hr /></blockquote>

Amazing! So you DO get it!

In America, if JC would run for Pres. he would never get elected if he didn't have the financial resources and the backing of those now in power.
You get to vote between the puppets they dangle before you. It happens all over the world- corruption abounds.

The difference is that the US CORRUPTION IS SO OBVIOUS ! <font color="blue">Our living in a free country is what makes the corruption visable, not particularily worse than other governments. Being the center of the world news puts a spotlight on everything we do while rampant corruption in other places is not even covered or ignored.

We do get it. </font color>

DeeMan
A conservative estimate for the Iraqi war is 800 Billion dollars! Follow the money and you will find certain individuals making a fortune from the chaos in the ME..
How many mercenariess are in Iraq working for the USA? <font color="blue"> Several /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>
Q <hr /></blockquote>

sack316
02-23-2007, 04:02 PM
isn't the old saying something along the lines of:

"Democracy is the worst form of government in the world... except for all the other ones"

Sack

heater451
02-23-2007, 04:46 PM
That's pretty much always been the downfall of the Democratic party. In a way, "too many cooks in the kitchen"---or at least those trying to be the cook.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote George Carlin:</font><hr>“The next time they give you all that civic bullshit about voting, keep in mind that Hitler was elected in a full, free democratic election”<hr /></blockquote>

===================