PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday!

MikeM
07-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am trying to catch up on the board because my hard drive crashed Friday afternoon at home. I have been PC-less all weekend. I'm going through withdrawals.

And it appears I missed a very interesting weekend at the CCB. I'm trying to wade through everything, but I think it will be a while. So far I gather that some guy named Earl is a jerk, but he's talented and won a pool match, Chris Cass is our new mascot and Harold and Lorri have run off to Tahiti together to raise a family.

Seriously, though, I should be talking to my keychain contact today and should be moving that process along.

MM...back to pretending to work

MikeM
07-22-2002, 08:37 AM
Also, usually threads with unread posts appear orange and when all are read, go to yellow. This is not happening today. Is is just me, do I need to change something or is it the board?

MM

SPetty
07-22-2002, 08:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Also, usually threads with unread posts appear orange and when all are read, go to yellow. This is not happening today. Is is just me, do I need to change something or is it the board?<hr></blockquote>hahahaha Welcome to the club. I think that only ever worked for a select few. For most of us, that stuff never worked!

Doctor_D
07-22-2002, 08:47 AM
Good morning:

Welcome back Sir !!!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Chris Cass
07-22-2002, 09:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Chris Cass is our new mascot <hr></blockquote>

Hi Mike,

Welcome home, I didn't get to vote on that mascot thing. I was kind of hoping noone would read that post.

Regards,

C.C.~~could think of atleast 3 million things better, than to hang my mug on a key chain. hahahah

Voodoo Daddy
07-22-2002, 11:13 AM
Hey Mike...heater put the pic on the keychain. I would buy one but I actually HANG Chris on my keys and let him down to post on occasion when he's good. Earl is the man, he snapped off a tough tournament and Tahiti will NEVER be the same!!! Dont work too hard...

Rod
07-22-2002, 11:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Also, usually threads with unread posts appear orange and when all are read, go to yellow. This is not happening today. Is is just me, do I need to change something or is it the board?

MM <hr></blockquote>

Mike,
My icon on each thread will be orange if unread. It will turn yellow if I leave this site and come back later. The header or print on a new post is blue, and after it's read it is underlined and turns purple in color. Under tools there are color settings but the colors I use don't show up on this board. I'm no puter whiz, I just punch keys and mouse buttons.

07-22-2002, 11:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Also, usually threads with unread posts appear orange and when all are read, go to yellow. This is not happening today. Is is just me, do I need to change something or is it the board?

MM <hr></blockquote>

mike, if you figure that one out please share it with the baord.

mine worked for a long time after the change(the big board format change) but then quit a month or so ago. absolutely no reason i could figure out. i still get the orange on stuff that is posted since my last visit but not having the indicator on "previously read" is a pain.

dan...not very helpful.

cheesemouse
07-22-2002, 11:44 AM
Dan,
I think when you log in for the first time it cashes the whole board and you won't get the color change unless you 'refresh' often. That's what I have to do anyway...

MikeM
07-22-2002, 01:04 PM
Chris,

I about fell out of my chair when I saw that. That Heater is one creative dude!

MM

MikeM
07-22-2002, 01:17 PM
Dan,

Mine has always worked fine. It was even doing what is was supposed to this morning, then it stopped updating the colors. I hope this isn't permanent. I like to "clear the oranges" first thing in the morning. If they won't change to yellow, I don't know what I'll do /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif.

I'm not having very good computer luck lately. In all the years I have owned/used computers, this is my first hard drive to crash. I guess I was due!

MM

07-22-2002, 08:18 PM
Mine's screwed up too Mike. Usually after I 'catch up' on unread posts, the new replies parentheses disappear, but that isn't happening anymore. Dan's right, this is a pain! BTW, Harold and the kids say Hi!