PDA

View Full Version : Z2...I got the "Shaft"

dutchboy
02-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Got a Z2 for Christmas from some friends and from the first week this thing has been a disaster. I wonder if any of you others out there have had a similar experience. Three days into practice, the ferrule pops off…I take it in, get a new one, the next day the ferrule pops off…I take it in, get a new one, by now Predator figures out that they have a glue problem…within minutes of practice, I get that sound that makes you think perhaps your shaft is not tight to the butt…but lo and behold, the ferrule comes off in my hand…I forget, how many times is that now? Here it is the end of Feb. and I haven’t even been able to put in one full session. What a piece of crap this thing is!!!!! I’ve gone back to my 15 year old Viking that hits like a miracle by comparison. Predator, if you’re out there listening, you just lost a customer…
Anyone else here have a problem like this? Wanna buy a 4k4?

rocky
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry that you had an issue with one of our products. If you will pm me your address and telephone number I will have UPS pick up the shaft from you and fix your problem at no cost to you.

Darrin Brown
Predator Products
Customer Service

BigRigTom
02-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Dutchboy!
Sounds like Rocky is anxious to correct any problem you have and that is a great deal he is offering you.
Take him up on it and let us know how it works out.
By the way we sell Predator products on the web and have never once had a customer complaint.....I'll bet the one you have is a rare situation.

canadan
03-02-2007, 12:40 AM
I to had shaft probs. And they did their best to fix the prob. took a wile but ended up getting a lowner shaft till they got me the right one prob free. and always in contact with me to let me know whats going on and why the wait. But I would not send my cue to someone thats says they work for predator unless you know for sure.

dutchboy
03-02-2007, 07:35 AM
No worries on that, I've already brought the shaft to a good tech. man here in town...getting a better ferrule, tip setup by a pro player. At the very least, I'll have someone on site I can speak with and won't have the problem of sending it out, not knowing who's working on it and when I'll get it back.
In the meanwhile, that old Viking {one of old good ones from the eighties} will do just fine. It seems everything was made better years ago, my gold crown two has better rails, side boards and slate than any of the fours I've played on in this town..
Oh, and by the way, isn't there a C in practicing?

mantis
03-03-2007, 09:40 AM
These shafts are quite a bit more expensive than other shafts. What makes them worth it? I don't see how they can really change your ability to create english. So what makes them so expensive? Are they warp resistant?