PDA

View Full Version : For Stickman and Wally (NP) regarding fast film

Rich R.
07-22-2002, 09:48 AM
A couple days ago we had a little discussion about fast film for use at pool tournaments and I have learned that I may have sent you on a wild goose chase.
I recommended Kodak Royal Gold 1000. After unsuccessfully attempting to find some for myself at the local stores, I checked Kodak's website and discovered that Royal Gold films are no longer listed. They must have been discontinued. Any Royal Gold you may find must be the end of the supply, which should be still good depending on the expiration date.
A film that I will have to try, from information on the Kodak website, is Supra 800. Kodak recommends it for low light and sports/action and indicates that you can safely push it one or two stops. Of course, you then have to find a lab that will push process it for you. It is worth a try, since I was unhappy with the fast Fugi film.
Just thought I would pass this information along.
Rich R.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-22-2002, 09:54 AM

stickman
07-22-2002, 10:07 AM
I was going to check at the photo lab here to see if they had any Sat. before going to Olathe. I went by and found they were closed on Sat. /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif I then went to Walmart and all I could find was Polaroid 800. Yuck! I bought a roll and thought I'd try it at the tournament. There was no one I really wanted pictures of there. I thought about taking some of my friends that were competing, but they said it might make them nervous, so I didn't. As it turned out, I never took a shot. I might try it at our local pool hall, just to see what I get.