PDA

View Full Version : Tornado

Deeman3
03-01-2007, 03:25 PM
We, just this afternoon, had to sound the emergency Tornado warning for my plant. It got rough but we were all o.k. A little south of us in Enterprise, at least 8 were killed when that same storm tore though the local school. They are still doing rescue to see if there are more victims. This is not, at this point hard news. We have only had phone reports and our TV system is out.

Please pray for them. Many will or could be relatives of my team members here.

DeeMan

SPetty
03-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm working from home today and was watching this on our TV news as you wrote it. The info you have here is what's being reported nationwide so far, but now they're reporting 13 confirmed dead...

wolfdancer
03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I had just seen the bad news on MSN...and then checked and found Enterprise was only 45 miles away from Luverne......13 dead,and 8 of them at their H.S.
pretty sad.....

pooltchr
03-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Dee,
I'm glad to hear you are ok. I saw it on the news when I got home from work, and it really looks awful. The tell us that system is moving through our area tonight. Hopefully, not as strong as when it went through AL.
Steve

sack316
03-02-2007, 02:32 AM
Deeman, just got home from work and was coming on here to check on ya. Glad to see you guys made it through OK. It get pretty rough here in Montgomery for a while, but nothing compared to what happened elsewhere in the state.

Anyway, just wanted to check on you, and also let you know I'm alright too!

Please, everyone, keep those that did get significant damages (especially Enterprise) in your prayers.

Sack

Deeman3
03-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks everyone. They were caling for water last night so I went to several stores and bought 19 cases of bottled water and drove down at 4:00a.m. this morning. They, of course, have the downtown area blocked off and I was able to drop off the water to the National Guard right outside of town. I did not get close to the high school but the place looks like a bombed out site I saw in Israel back in 1973. Eight children who had their whole lives ahead of them are gone. I can't imagine their families grief. This is a very tight community and staying strong but they have taken a severe blow. I am sending my emergency responders from my plant down later today, some of which spent almost all last night there in rescue and tree removal so emergency vehicles could get through. Several of my team members have family there and a couple had relatives that are missing or dead. NOt much else we can do but I assure you, everyone appreciates your prayers and concern. It seems like just yesterday we were doing this very same thing with Katrina. I know it's not as bad, but even one child dying is a shame. On my way back from Enterprise this morning I called my daughter just to hear my grandchidren's voices.

Luverne is, indeed, only 45 minutes from Enterprise but my house is actually 25 minutes closer but it seems right next door.

God Bless you for your support.

DeeMan