PDA

View Full Version : Little ditty's about pool

socrates
03-02-2007, 08:51 AM
Background:
One of my best accounting professors put accounting concepts into short stanza's to help us learn. 25 years later I still recall and use some of these lyrics which he called famous songs of accounting.

I do not know who to attribute the set, pause, finish, freeze concept to but I really like it and I was reminded of it again as I read through some posts.

So its the dead middle of tax filing season, my eyes are wide and my brain is fried, so I took a break and started jotting down some ditty's related to pool.

I am an accountant not a lyricist but thought some people might find them amusing or be able to add to the list.

Ditty's about pool:

Set, pause, finish, freeze,
Stick with these and you'll be pleased.

Engage the brain before the shot,
Or your training is for naught.

When in doubt don't say "so be it,"
Don't shoot the shot until you see it.

Perform the ceremony every time,
and your results will surely climb.

Slow back, accelerate through,
That's the way to move the cue.

See the results before your stance,
Let the dancer, become the dance.

Cheers,

dr_dave
03-02-2007, 09:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote socrates:</font><hr> Background:
One of my best accounting professors put accounting concepts into short stanza's to help us learn. 25 years later I still recall and use some of these lyrics which he called famous songs of accounting.

I do not know who to attribute the set, pause, finish, freeze concept to but I really like it and I was reminded of it again as I read through some posts.

So its the dead middle of tax filing season, my eyes are wide and my brain is fried, so I took a break and started jotting down some ditty's related to pool.

I am an accountant not a lyricist but thought some people might find them amusing or be able to add to the list.

Ditty's about pool:

Set, pause, finish, freeze,
Stick with these and you'll be pleased.

Engage the brain before the shot,
Or your training is for naught.

When in doubt don't say "so be it,"
Don't shoot the shot until you see it.

Perform the ceremony every time,
and your results will surely climb.

Slow back, accelerate through,
That's the way to move the cue.

See the results before your stance,
Let the dancer, become the dance.<hr /></blockquote>
Nice!

Other stuff like this can be found under "30 degree rule - poetry" and several links under "advice" here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/threads.html).

Regards,
Dave