PDA

View Full Version : I'm Tired.....

Harold Acosta
03-02-2007, 07:35 PM
TIRED

For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep, not enough sunshine, too much pressure from my job, earwax buildup, poor blood or anything else I could think of.

But now I found out the real reason:

I'm tired because I'm overworked.

Here's why:. .

The population of this country is 273 million.

140 million are retired

That leaves 133 million to do the work.

There are 85 million in school.

Which leaves 48 million to do the work.

Of this there are 29 million employed by the federal government.

Leaving 19 million to do the work.

2.8 million are in the armed forces preoccupied with killing Osama Bin-Laden.

Which leaves 16.2 million to do the work.

Take from that total the 14.8 million people who work for state and city governments.
And that leaves 1.4 million to do the work.

At any g iven time there are 188,000 people in hospitals.

Leaving 1,212,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons.

That leaves just two people to do the work.

You and me.

And there you are, sitting on your ass,

at your computer, reading jokes.

Nice, real nice....

Vapros
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm retired, and I don't want to hear about how hard you work, because I know better. If you work an eight-hour day, that's only one third of the whole day. Ergo, out of the 365 days of the year, you work only 122 days. Bearing in mind that there will be 52 Saturdays and 52 Sundays, your work year is down to 18 days, and about seven of those are national holidays, with just 11 days left for working. If, by some chance, you are allowed 10 days of vacation, you can do the rest of this calculation. Too much work? Baloney!

sack316
03-03-2007, 12:04 AM
if you're not too tired.. perhaps you could read my post here (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=npr&Number=239871&Forum=Al l_Forums&Words=sack316&Match=Username&Searchpage=1 &Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=239871&Search=true#Pos t239871) from december

Then you'd see it's me doing all the work... but at least we kow you weren't the one sitting on your butt reading jokes /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sack

Harold Acosta
03-04-2007, 01:31 PM
OK, so this means only you and me are doing the work. I was working in December because I did not see your post; then in February I also worked but in March, I sat down on the computer to write my post. LOL

sack316
03-04-2007, 09:16 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well if we ever get a real break, we'll have to do lunch. Of course we'd have to cook it and serve ourselves since you and I are the only ones doing work, but still, it should be fun

Sack

Harold Acosta
03-06-2007, 03:35 PM
I ain't going to retire then....If I'm really working only one day then I should be inmensely happy 'cause I'm getting paid a yearly salary for doing nothing! Yee hahhh......

Thanks for opening my eyes and mind! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Harold Acosta
03-06-2007, 03:40 PM
We could do one of those expensive "video conference's" and talk about each one's responsibility. That way we can be sure we are not "duplicating" efforts!

What a wonderful World we live in!