View Full Version : Huebler Cues

griffith_d
07-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Has anyone used these cues?

http://hueblercue.com/

Griff

PastPrime
07-22-2002, 03:47 PM
I bought one about 20 years ago and it was a nice looking, good hitting cuestick. When I got it I was young and strong and ordered a 21 oz. Now thats too heavy for me but Old Man Huebler puts his weight bolts in with Expoxy and you can't change it. I just sold it a few months back for more than I paid and got a Schon. I would not hesitate to get another Huebler but would like to try it first...as I do with all other cues.

07-22-2002, 05:14 PM
I won my Huebler in a raffle 7 yrs ago and havent looked back since.

PQQLK9
07-22-2002, 06:11 PM
I use the AS3 19oz. and love it...

07-23-2002, 08:59 AM
I have an older model Huebler jump/break that is very solid. After I bought it used, I sent it back to Huebler to have the weight lightened from 19.5 to 19, which he did but I had to send it to him to get it done. I think his flat faced joint has a great feel. Nice hitting cues, IMO.

Michelle
07-23-2002, 09:27 AM
Those that use them say great things about them.
We carry his Sneaky Pete's and for those people who don't mind spending $100 LOVE them as house cues for their home play.
Unfortunately, the man has been around so long that the rumor mill spilled months ago that he was going to stop production. He hasn't yet, but some day, I guess.
If he doesn't have what you want in stock, he can usually get it out in less than a month.

07-23-2002, 10:35 AM
I play with an 18 oz. 1995 Huebler Custom Ivory Queen. This is without doubt the most balanced cue that I've ever played with. From what I understand (someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this), newer Hueblers no longer utilize a standard weight bolt, and mabye this has something to do with it. I use Elkmaster tips on the shafts with ivory ferrules and get good results. A word of caution however. Because of the long taper, the shafts can tend to be on the thin side and can vibrate with hard strokes with english. This is regardless of tip/ferrule used (in my experience). If you find one, try generating lots of spin on the cueball and see if you are comfortable with the shaft vibration. In my case, I got used to it, and don't play with anything else (with the possible exception of my Thomas Wayne custom)