PDA

View Full Version : New BCA Job

slim
03-05-2007, 07:04 AM
Billiard Congress of America
Marketing & Communications Director
Start Date: April 2, 2007

Overview: The Billiard Congress of America is a non-profit trade association for the billiards equipment and establishment sectors. The BCA’s International Billiard & Home Recreation Trade Show, set for Las Vegas in June, highlights innovation in billiards, including pool tables and supplies for home recreation use as well as commercial billiard enterprises.

The organization will move its headquarters to the north Denver area in May.

Job Duties: Lead the creation of a consumer marketing program to promote the game of billiards

Work with research firm to create and disseminate industry trends research and create and disseminate research on consumer attitudes and opinions

Support membership director’s efforts to promote membership in the BCA

Support expo director with regard to International Expo (overall theme, creative execution, BCA booth design, on-site logistics, etc.) management

Experience: Three - five years of marketing experience

BA/BS degree in marketing, business, communications or related field

Position in marketing/advertising at ad agency or in the marketing/communications department of an organization

Abilities: Solid understanding of marketing strategy and brand management principles and tactics

Excellent communication, verbal and written, skills

Special event experience

Record on working in fast-paced environment

More Information: Review www.bca-pool.com (http://www.bca-pool.com)

Apply: Send resumes and letter of interest by e-mail (rob@bca-pool.com) to:
Rob Johnson
CEO
Billiard Congress of America

Salary: $40,000 – 60,000 (including b

jjinfla
03-05-2007, 02:01 PM
This sounds perfect for Deno Andrews.

Do I get a finder's fee?

Jake

Brian in VA
03-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Pretty crappy pay for a job requiring that much experience. I realize it's a non-profit but it's going to be hard to find someone with all they want for that kind of salary.

Brian in VA

Rich R.
03-05-2007, 08:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Pretty crappy pay for a job requiring that much experience. I realize it's a non-profit but it's going to be hard to find someone with all they want for that kind of salary. <hr /></blockquote>
"Pretty crappy" is an understatement, considering the required experience and the fact that they will have to relocate to Denver.

Also, don't get too caught up in the fact that it is a "non-profit" organization. From my experience, I can tell you that "non-profit" does not mean that huge amounts of money and huge salaries are not involved. It is possible that big money is not involved, but don't assume that as a fact.

jjinfla
03-06-2007, 04:52 AM
I would venture to guess that a lot of businesses in the pool industry are non-profit. Unfortunately, not intentionally.

The Crusade of Mercy is probably the most profitable non for profit business I can think of.

Jake

Fran Crimi
03-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Well, there's non-profit and then there's non-profit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only true pool charitible organization that I know of where you can get a tax deduction for your donation is the Billiard Education Foundation. That organization offers academic scholarships to high school and college pool players. That's a 501 C-3 IRS designation.

The other sports organizations that are non-profit are 501 C-6's which include pro golf and tennis associations as well as the pool associations. Those are not tax-deductible to the contributors.

Fran

Rich R.
03-06-2007, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr>The Crusade of Mercy is probably the most profitable non for profit business I can think of.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm sure the United Way is high on that list.

mantis
03-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I did not find the salary to be surprising when I saw it. Not many organizations like this will have the capability to pay much more.

I do not think that 3 yrs experience and a bachelors degree are a whole lot to be asking for. There are a lot of professions that require more and pay equal or less. Social workers usually have masters degrees, and fall into this category with even more experience. I can think of a lot of professions withhigher degrees and equal or less pay. Besides, you are getting paid to live in Denver /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif and promote pool. The average american salary is certainly not over 60k.

dr_dave
03-06-2007, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mantis:</font><hr> I did not find the salary to be surprising when I saw it. Not many organizations like this will have the capability to pay much more.

I do not think that 3 yrs experience and a bachelors degree are a whole lot to be asking for. There are a lot of professions that require more and pay equal or less. Social workers usually have masters degrees, and fall into this category with even more experience. I can think of a lot of professions withhigher degrees and equal or less pay. Besides, you are getting paid to live in Denver /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif and promote pool. The average american salary is certainly not over 60k. <hr /></blockquote>I agree. I think the offer is very appropriate given the job description and requirements.

The Denver/Colorado part alone is worth at least $20K/year. Colorado is a nice place to live, especially if you like to do stuff other than playing pool. Some people, including myself, actually like doing stuff outside (e.g., hike, bike, ski, raft, fish, hunt, etc.) every once in a while.

Regards,
Dave