PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired and I want to go home.

FatsRedux
03-08-2007, 02:48 AM
As some of you may already know, I have end stage liver disease due to Hepatitis C and cirrhosis from Hep C. I have been undergoing all kinds of tests at NY Presbyterean /Columbia University Med Center.

I'm tired of all the tests. I'm tired of all the questions. I'm tired of being treated like some little kid.

Today, I told them to stick it where the sun don't shine. I told them that I will not be returning and that they can shove their transplant program.

I am not afraid of dying. Death comes to us all eventually.

I've had enough and I want to go home, back to where I came from. I've had a good run and I plan to enjoy the time left to me. I refuse to give up living in order to merely continue to exist..it just ain't gonna happen.

There's a lot of things I've put off doing, and now is the time to do them.

Fats

sack316
03-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Fats,

While it is sad news to hear, I hope you are able to enjoy every single second that you have and are able to do everything you ever wanted to do.

Sack

Gayle in MD
03-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Dear Fats,

I know you'll make the most out of every single day. My thoughts are with you. I can't help but hope, that maybe, you'll change your mind. Maybe you just need a break, and might consider just asking them for a few days break from everything. Whatever you decide, I know we will all be pulling for you.

Love,
Gayle

Fasteddy7
03-08-2007, 11:07 AM
It happens to us all. Enjoy what time you have left. Party on man. Maybe Pam anderson is free.

SPetty
03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I heard a tune on the radio yesterday morning... "You can't choose how you die, but you can choose how you live"

and another one... "When it comes to dying, we're all beginners"

Take care, Fats, it's not going to be easy...

cushioncrawler
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Fats -- I'm sorry to hear your sad newz -- hoping u can post for a long time yet -- this forum karnt afford to looz its No1 libertarian (i'd never heard the word before u mentioned it). madMac.

Chopstick
03-12-2007, 08:37 AM
I did not know that and I am sorry to hear it. I would of course prefer that you continue to hang out with us but I respect your decision. I wish you the best in where ever your journey takes you next. I am sure we will speak again in the next life. Take care Fat Man.

wolfdancer
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
I think you are experiencing a natural reaction to this devastating news. I'd hope that for the sake of your family, friends, all who care about you; for your own sake....you do everything possible to prolong life. It's one thing not to fear death....but as Dylan Thomas wrote "Do not go gently into that good night"
I'm sure that many here are hoping that you will keep on fighting...and you are in their prayers.
I've strayed a bit from my faith, but wish you well, and hope that you make the best decision....

hondo
03-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Fats, you have my prayers and my best wishes.

DickLeonard
03-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Fats I think maybe you should reconsider if your a canadate for a transplant the Dr. and hospital must think you have a good chance for survival. I think they don't want to waste one liver. Its your decision and I respect your right to do what you want. If you choose to fight I wish you well and if you choose the other option you have left enuff footprints to live on the Board.####