PDA

View Full Version : How do you define a "runout?"

BRussell
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm thinking about 8-ball.

Obviously if you break and make all of your balls, it's a "runout," but would you consider any of these "runouts" or "table runs?" Or just nothing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Opponent breaks, makes no balls, you take the table and make all your balls
Opponent breaks, makes a bunch of balls, misses the 8-ball, you take table and make all your balls
You break, make no balls, your opponent makes some and misses, and then you make all yours

Deeman3
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BRussell:</font><hr> I'm thinking about 8-ball.

Obviously if you break and make all of your balls, it's a "runout," but would you consider any of these "runouts" or "table runs?" Or just nothing. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Opponent breaks, makes a bunch of balls, misses the 8-ball, you take table and make all your balls
You break, make no balls, your opponent makes some and misses, and then you make all yours <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> all of these are runouts. Maybe you mean to ask the difference in runout and break and run? </font color>

DeeMan

Stretch
03-08-2007, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote BRussell:</font><hr> I'm thinking about 8-ball.

You break, make no balls, your opponent makes some and misses, and then you make all yours <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> all of these are runouts. Maybe you mean to ask the difference in runout and break and run? </font color>

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

I agree, everyone around here considerse a one visit trip to the eight ball a runout. We don't "score" an empty break, then a runnout on your next visit because you've been to the table twice. Although i think they should imo. St.

joepool
03-08-2007, 04:45 PM
in one of our local leagues, a runout,aka table run (TR),is scored when either player makes all 7 stripes or solids and the 8-ball in one inning, regardless of when the inning occurs during the game.

BRussell
03-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Cool, thanks. I had a really good night last night then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only reason I ask is that on TV, I think I only ever hear people talk about break and run, but last night someone suggested to me that I had a "runout" even though I didn't break. I had just never heard it used that way before, but I guess it is common. Don't get me wrong, the more ways there are to accomplish a runout, the better.

Perhaps it's different in 9-ball, because you're shooting at the same balls. It would be pretty ridiculous to call it a runout for you if your opponent breaks and runs to the 9 and then misses, and then you make the 9. That's not going to happen in 8-ball.

canadan
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
In our league we call it a ERO (eight ball run out) Break and run out, or opp. breaks and sinks non they you come along and finish the game. then we have a first attempt so that means if you opp. breaks and get a ball but does not run out then you come to the table and run all you balls out. Extra player points for ERO and 1st at. also you get 8 points for a ERO against. not towards your team point but for your stats

Deeman3
03-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Congratulations on your good night. Unfortunately, the advent of alternating break has done away with "packages" in most pool tournaments. I am not saying this as a sexist moron, rather as an enlightened moron, but this makes women's pool appear to be much closer to the men's game than it may be. It also makes it hard to get the big "mo" on your side if your reward for a break and run is to watch the other guy get to break. I remember getting 3 or 4 behind in a race and feeling like I was still in the match, now it's a very long shot that someone have that many bad breaks every other time. I know, I'm just old and grumpy but, hey, we all gotta cry about something....

DeeMan