PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst "spots"

Cydpkt
03-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I am wondering what you would consider a good spot to be offered? Also what would be a spot that you wouldn't touch? I know it depends on many variables (skills levels of players, different games ect) Many spots seem to be good but aren't.

Deeman3
03-09-2007, 09:22 AM
As you didn't specify a game I'll pick nine ball. The called 8 is, for me the smallest spot you can give unless you are playing a player and then it's the break.

The biggest I've ever given is the Orange Crush, but do know of players who have given more. They are mostly broke and tend to drive 10 year old cars, Bobby Pickle being the exception.

Smallest on the wire is, of course 1. The largest, in a race to nine would be 8. I would not give my grandson that and he's only 3.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DeeMan

Sid_Vicious
03-09-2007, 11:07 AM
9-ball...last two is a miserable spot because you already get the 9 as wild. Any wildballs added to the 9 is the key. 8-ball, Deeman picked the worst spot, the break. Best IMO, you get the 8, meaning that you simply need to run your suit out, and along the way, you can always move the 8 to lock it down on your opponent...sid