PDA

View Full Version : Who's playing at the world billiard expo?

trob
03-09-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm going to be playing in the amatuer event and in just about anything else I have time for. This is my first year playing and I'm pretty pumped! Who's going and in which tourney are you playing in? Also I've heard there are all kind of small tourney's that go on all weekend. Is that true?

CarolNYC
03-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi,
If your talking Superbilliards, there are many here who go and either play or shop /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Im very excited for you and wish you alot of luck in the tournament-there are many thingas to do-there is also a pro-am bartable challenge Thursday evening-32 field-300 entry-also , a 2nd chance scramble-this is from the website:

The 2nd Chance Scramble
Introduced in 2003 as the "Sunday Scramble", the 2nd Chance Scramble is a 2 day event open to any amateur player who has entered and been knocked out of any other tournament at the Expo. This event will start Saturday afternoon and the winner will crowned Sunday afternoon... You can not sign up for this until you have already been knocked out of another event, so there is no need for an entry form here, we just want to let you know that it will be going on...

Played on Diamond Smart tables

FORMAT: 9-ball, races to 7, Single Elimination
FIELD: 128 players START TIME:
Saturday, March 17th TBA
ENTRY FEE: $50.00
plus, you must have played in, and been eliminated from, another tournament at the Expo REGISTRATION:
Anytime after you have been eliminated from another event...

Plus. alot of other little tournaments going on-I hope you enjoy yourself-I'll be there at registration and the door!
Have a good time!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Carol,
I will see you on Saturday. Not sure about Mary yet, I won't be able to play this year. Save a hug for me, please???

Duane

CarolNYC
03-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Duane,Duane,
Of course,no doubt-but when I see you, we'll have to step "to the left,to the left",ha ha ha,cause its gonna be a BIG one /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
(and we dont want to hold up the line,now,do we ?ha ha ha)

Carol~just can't wait....my best to Mary /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

trob
03-10-2007, 03:48 AM
I know there is a 2nd chance tournamnent. I'm talking about some small stuff that just kind of gets thrown together on the fly. In other words I don't want to get booted early and then stand around watching people play for 2 days until the 2nd chance tournament starts. lol

CarolNYC
03-10-2007, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In other words I don't want to get booted early and then stand around <hr /></blockquote>
Nah, your going to go all the way-I'll be rooting for you /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
There is alot going on-minitournaments-players in the back on tables-believe me, you'll be busy!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-10-2007, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trob:</font><hr> I know there is a 2nd chance tournamnent. I'm talking about some small stuff that just kind of gets thrown together on the fly. In other words I don't want to get booted early and then stand around watching people play for 2 days until the 2nd chance tournament starts. lol <hr /></blockquote> If you are interested in gambling a little, there are a number of action tables (challenge tables) to occupy your time. They are coin op tables and must be fed, in addition to the going bet. The bets range from $5 and go up, and there is also some side action.

trob
03-10-2007, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote trob:</font><hr> I know there is a 2nd chance tournamnent. I'm talking about some small stuff that just kind of gets thrown together on the fly. In other words I don't want to get booted early and then stand around watching people play for 2 days until the 2nd chance tournament starts. lol <hr /></blockquote> If you are interested in gambling a little, there are a number of action tables (challenge tables) to occupy your time. They are coin op tables and must be fed, in addition to the going bet. The bets range from $5 and go up, and there is also some side action. <hr /></blockquote>

I'll do a little gambling but it never did much for me. I gambled when i first starting getting a stroke because the best players I knew wouldn't give there best for nothing. If you played for a buck a rack or some cheap sets you would think it was the us 9 ball open. lol but if you wanted to find out where your game was compared to the best players it was a necessary evil. Anyway I'll probobly stick more to the mini tournaments that will be going on.

dg-in-centralpa
03-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Carol,
I can't wait!

Duane

CarolNYC
03-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Ditto! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif