PDA

View Full Version : WPBA press release

CarolNYC
03-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Rich,Jake and anyone else,
Please go to www.wpba.com (http://www.wpba.com) and click on the Presidents press release regarding the changes that will occur on the tour!
Have a wonderful day!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
03-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, that is interesting, and does make sense.

Someone sat down and recalculated all the scores from the previous 9 tournaments I see. The new system moved a few up a spot or two and also some got moved down a spot a two. Ga Young dropped a couple places in the standings due to the new system.

Rousey dropped from what would have been 19th to 24th so I think she got hurt the most.

Jake

CarolNYC
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
It is quite interestng,isnt it Jake?

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jjinfla
03-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Now that I look at the standings some more I have some doubts about the new ranking system. I like the idea of the person with the better record receiving more points. That idea is pretty good.

However, just being in the top 20 is not all that impressive anymore. Looking at Julie Kelly with 18000 points putting her in 20th place 21,500 points behind 1st place Allison she might as well forget about her chances of ever being at the top of the list.

I think the large gap in points will just demoralize the women and they will just give up playing. What's the point if they have no chance?

Not only that but those under 20 really have no hope of breaking into the top 5. Ever!!!!!! Especially with seeding. The gap will just keep growing. Unless Allison and Karen take a six month vacation.

Well I hope that all the women who now are under 20,000 in points have a fallback option. Something else they can do instead of playing pool. They sure have no future with the WPBA.

The two and out'ers and two and one'ers will really have to think long and hard before they keep contributing $500 to play and lose.

Not much chance for an up and coming pool player to get a high rating.

No wonder the 2nd, 3rd, 8th and 10th place women have no sponsors.

Jake

Rich R.
03-11-2007, 09:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Rich,Jake and anyone else,
Please go to www.wpba.com (http://www.wpba.com) and click on the Presidents press release regarding the changes that will occur on the tour!
Have a wonderful day!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Thanks Carol. I look forward to seeing these changes in the works.

I'll see you wednesday. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
03-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Reading my last post I realize it came out wrong and I can't edit it.

Where it says "...under 20" I meant people ranked higher than 20. That is 21, 22, 23 etc.

In a nutshell I don't like the new ranking system all that well. What reason did they give for using the larger numbers?

Why not just modify the old system and give the extra points to women who stay on the winners side?

Did the women have any input to this new system? Did they vote for it? In what way will it improve the WPBA? What am I missing?

I can hear the introductions now. Here we have Allison Fisher currently in 1st place with 41,500 points facing Sarah Ellerby, currently in 16th place with 20,350 points.

Oh well. What's done, is done. I wish them well.

Jake