PDA

View Full Version : High Drama

wolfdancer
03-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I just finished watching the replay of tues. Senate Hearings on the fired U.S. Attorneys
Probably, as entertaining as anything I've seen on C-Span.
Someone should explain to Sen. Specter though....it's time to take your retirement, head for that Amish dairy farm.. after asking the same question, in two or three different ways....he thinks he'll get different answers? from the same person?
Sen Sessions....now there's a party flack, if I ever seen one. Did his best to try and justify Carol Lam's firing, and hint at the others.....forgetting that the same folks that fired them....had also gave them laudatory "fitness" reports.
I think the avg. viewer like myself, could only come away with one conclusion from the hearings....the firings were politically motivated....and possibly an attempt to intimidate the justice dept to kowtow to the admin.

Gayle in MD
03-11-2007, 08:28 AM
I watched them last night, also, for the second time! The Republicans did the same act on the 9/11 families, the wisltle blowers from the DOD, any injured parties, who have been attacked, or financially ruined by this administration, get the same kind of treatment from the Republicans. I don't know who was the most disgusting in those hearings on DOJ, Sessions, or Lindsey Grahm, both from south of the border, the bible belt, where lies float off the toungue like jell-o, and the divorce rate is through the roof! Did you read about the former Governor from Ala, what's his face....who had all the computers literally smashed to pieces when he left the governorship! Is it Huckabe, (sp) or Hunter? Now he's running for president, I think.

The hearing on global warming went the same way. Scientist were treated like felons, who were out to attack the Bush administration. I don't care what anyone says, yes, there is corruption in both parties, but the Republicans of today, have taken treason to a whole new level. I have never seen a more corrupt, low down bunch gathered in one party, at any time in our history. They've done more damage to this country, than anything I've ever read about, or witnessed in my lifetime. They're the closest thing to communism, and fascism, to ever attack the American way of life.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
03-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I watched the History channel last nite..."Caligula,Reign of Terror"....Cheered at first,the people thought that this son of the popular Germanicus would be like his father. (Germanicus was compared to JFK in this story....and like JFK, was assinated ..poisoned, for political reasons)
The trappings of power, combined with his very troubled upbringing.....drove him mad......and countless thousands were killed, others tortured in some secret prisons...
Instead of saying that God ordered him to do these things,he declared himself a God....thus bypassing the pardon procedure for crimes committed while in office.....
It was like Yogi said, "Deja Vu, again".....I had read similar stories recently.
Wouldn't it have been something, when George Senior was in uniform, to have taken minnie-me around on the base....and the soldiers naming him "little soldier boots" (Caligula)?? ???

Gayle in MD
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Ha ha ha...You meant he didn't do that? LMAO! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif