PDA

View Full Version : Clean Equipment vs. Dirty Equipment

TennesseeJoe
03-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Situation: shoot a spot shot so there is no vertical or horizontal English when the cue ball hits the object ball. Would the object ball throw more if:
1. The balls and cloth are clean?
2. The balls and cloth are not clean?

Billy_Bob
03-11-2007, 10:35 AM
It would be interested to see that question broken up.

More throw clean balls?
More throw dirty balls?
More throw clean cloth?
More throw dirty cloth?
Then add humidity...
More throw low humidity?
More throw high humidity?

Note: I once played in a tournament on tables with dirty balls and dirty cloth. It had rained that day for the first time in months. So suddenly high humidity. Everybody was off on their cut shots! I mean everybody!

Sid_Vicious
03-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Ask yourself, did you learn anything? You have to ask that question to yourself when, so called "everybody" was missing their cuts. It will come up again, remember and compensate. The game of pool has so many facets to slant toward when conditions are bad, but I'm sure that you already know that. Still many players will stick to their agressive or passive style and end the day talking about the conditions, but you shouldn't keep repeating that on other days with the same type bad conditions.

I had the pleasure of playing in a brand new place yesterday, brand "newly built tables", sparkling new arimuth balls,,,really, it was a pre-opening basically, the equipment was outstanding in every way. Quiet as a church, the rolls very predictable, NICE! It is nice to be in the inner circle of the pool culture, has it's perks. I can't wait for the billiard and snooker tables, customs as well. If you have never played on an Art Ball table, do so when you get a chance. sid

TennesseeJoe
03-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Thanks to those of you who have read this thread and thanks again to those who responded. Actually there are so many variables it is really difficult, if not impossible, to make an accurate decision. But the reason for this question/poll was just to give us something else to look at a little closer. Obviously dirty balls and very new cloth will give more skid but the problem is inconsistent conditions. So my real question is: When do you use outside English?

LOL

Greg in VA
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM
LMAO

ras314
03-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Whenever I'm afeared to use inside english? Which is usually? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif