PDA

View Full Version : My sign: Missing shots?

Billy_Bob
03-12-2007, 07:27 AM
I posted this sign in my pool room. Comments?

Missing shots?

-Slow down!

-Practice strokes.

-Pause on backswing before shooting.

-Follow through.

-After shooting, leave the tip of your cue pointing at where you were aiming.

-Stay down on your shot after shooting. Count to 3. One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three.

-Then get up from your shot.

PRACTICE - PAUSE - FOLLOW THROUGH - FREEZE

caedos
03-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Good list.

I like using 'warm up' in place of 'practice', and of course Finish instead of "follow through", and I'd add a 'be smooth' in there somewhere for good measure.

It's nice of you to post tips to help educate your customers. I don't see that very often.

oz

Billy_Bob
03-12-2007, 08:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote caedos:</font><hr>...It's nice of you to post tips to help educate your customers. I don't see that very often... <hr /></blockquote>

This is at my house and for those who already know they should be doing this, but sometimes forget...

SPetty
03-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I like it!

wolfdancer
03-12-2007, 01:20 PM
My sign is "Aquarius"....but some days I think it might be "missing shots"
I should probably write down all those tips, and reread them before I play a match....
and some days I don't even remember to chalk up

Gayle in MD
03-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey, no wonder we click...I'm a Pices!

Gayle in Md

wolfdancer
03-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I just checked up on my sign....I'm a "swordsman", and ruled by the Planet Uranus. A bunch of celebrities share my sign, most notably, Paris Hilton.We like to give advice but don't like to take any....not much else except that we have been known to swim upstream to spawn.
Pisces people are reported to swim both up and down the river.(without a paddle?) and are ruled by Neptune, the Planet of mystery, deception, and illusions, but have the gift of prophecy and vision....
web page (http://www.starcana.com/zodiac.htm)
And both signs enjoy playing pool, so this is a pool-connected post
(sorry BB, for straying a little off your theme)

slow_roller
03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Great idea to post a sign like this. Right after "Slow down" and before "Practice Strokes" I'd add "See the line" and "Visualize the stroke."

socrates
03-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Several that I hang up at home periodically.

When you get tired of missing - start aiming. (Mark Wilson)

Perform the ceremony. (Zen in the art of archery)

Let the nothingness into your stroke. (Shivas Irons)

You can throw the cue but there is a catch to it. (Fred Fechter)