PDA

View Full Version : Short Cues. Who Makes Good Ones?

sandgnat
03-14-2007, 07:39 AM
I would appreciate any suggestions on where to find decent quality short cues. I am looking specifically for both a 48" cue and a 54" cue and am having only marginal success in my online searching thus far. I am not looking for any super fancy custom made cues (at this point), just ones that will do the job and not have a picture of superman on the shaft (read cheapish "youth cue" here). I figure there have to be decent cues made for serious juvenile players. I remember finding a Players cue a year or two ago that looked fairly decent but couldn't find it again when I was searching yesterday. And you would think that you could find anything on the Internet these days.

Thanks!
Jeff

Cydpkt
03-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I don't know if you have been here:

http://www.beadsandbilliards.com/juniorcues.html

Its worth a look.

sandgnat
03-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the link! I am ordering two Players Junior Cues... we will see how well they play!

Cydpkt
03-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Good luck and shoot straight.

Bob_Jewett
03-14-2007, 03:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sandgnat:</font><hr> I would appreciate any suggestions on where to find decent quality short cues. ... <hr /></blockquote>
This is what the local billiard supply store carries. They seem to be OK, but I didn't actually shoot with one.

http://www.palason.ca/c_troubleshooter.html

sandgnat
03-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Thanks Bob!

That is exactly what I was looking for. Glad my room will not require a 24" stick though. Yikes!

Billy
03-15-2007, 06:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote sandgnat:</font><hr> I would appreciate any suggestions on where to find decent quality short cues. I am looking specifically for both a 48" cue and a 54" cue and am having only marginal success in my online searching thus far. I am not looking for any super fancy custom made cues (at this point), just ones that will do the job and not have a picture of superman on the shaft (read cheapish "youth cue" here). I figure there have to be decent cues made for serious juvenile players. I remember finding a Players cue a year or two ago that looked fairly decent but couldn't find it again when I was searching yesterday. And you would think that you could find anything on the Internet these days.

Thanks!
Jeff <hr /></blockquote>

Dufferin always made the best 1pc house cues imo and did make shorter cues, for obstruction purposes?, that were made of the same quality

think they may be out of the cue manufacturing business at this point but you could do an eBay search or similar

jmo

DickLeonard
03-16-2007, 07:13 AM
sandgnat you could always use the old hustlers gaffe of playing with the shaft of a two piece cue and a roll of quarters in your hand.####

sandgnat
03-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Now THAT sounds like a plan! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif