PDA

View Full Version : pool league strategies

canadan
03-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Does anyone have any stategies like player pos. line up. worst player to best ? best to worst ?

sandgnat
03-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Our strongest player closes each round whenever possible. Also, whenever possible I play first so the rest of the team knows exactly how much they need to dig in to make up for my miscues. In BCA 4x4x2 format, this allows us to line up our anchorman to close out 5 of the 8 rounds.

Cydpkt
03-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Which league are you playing?

canadan
03-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Its called Aactive put togeter by the owners of most of the bar tables. 20 game format 5 players 4 rounds you play 4 of 5 opp. if you google aactive pool league it should pop up. We dicused are line up already but if anyone has any more stategies that would be great I dont think this has been discused yet

Cydpkt
03-14-2007, 03:19 PM
If I understand it correctly each person would get to break twice and rack twice. You might want your stronger players to have the break when they are up against another strong player. Depending on the handicap system you can rotate players around to even out the match or make your opponents climb out of a hole. We did this in Alaska where we had to give up 10-12 balls before the match even started. (great incentive to kick it up a notch) How many players can be on the team? Here in Montana we can have a total of 8 players, but only 5 can play in any given night.