PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore's new movie

Bobbyrx
03-15-2007, 10:08 AM
<font color="blue">From PETA </font color> Since Al Gore might not have seen the recent U.N. reports on the subject, we pointed out to him that animals raised for food generate more greenhouse gases than all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University of Chicago study), switching to a vegan diet is more effective in countering global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius. We've also offered to cook him some faux "fried chicken" as an introduction to meat-free meals, since, however many documentaries you make, you just can't be a meat-eating environmentalist. I'll let you know if he gets back to us.

<font color="blue"> Reports have it that based on this new report Gore is considering a new documentary. He's open for suggestions on the title but it looks like it's going to be........."An Inconvenient Moo"

Sorry about that /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
</font color>

hondo
03-19-2007, 07:23 AM
Several years from now when the reality of global
warming has hit home, your grandkids will be talking
to your wife.
" How did Grandpa feel about global warming, Grandma?"
" He thought it was a lot of hooey. Just a bunch of liberals
wanting to con the money out of hard- working conservatives."
" He did? Didn't he ever see that Gore guy's movie?'
" Nah,he wouldn't watch it."
" Why on earth not, Grandma?'
" It was a Republican thing to dismiss anything Democrats
say as nonsense."
" We don't understand, Grandma."
" Nobody else understood either, children. Does anybody
else think it's hot in here?'

Deeman3
03-19-2007, 07:54 AM
When we are presented with evidence, it is incumbent on us to examine it and make a decision based on what it means to us and the threat it may represent. I have watched Al Gore's movie (as anyone who opposes or doubts a subject should). I have read several articles with opposing views on the causes, impact and remedies. If we are honest and rational and fair, we should let the information help us make an informed decision.

I believe Al Gore and others have presented a strong case that we (humans) have impacted and are impacting the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and that empirical evidence shows it has a direct impact on the global warming we are now experiencing, not just a cyclical trend, nor cow farts, nor the simple decay of plant life.

That means, if we truely care about our children and grandchildren, we who would not concede this point before must admit we were wrong and try to contribute to a solution, not just make this more of a political football.

I never claimed global warming was a hoax, but did question the data that indicated it was man made. I was wrong. If I continue to hide behind the few odd scientists that say, in the face of overwealming evidence, that this is natural, I care more about my personal politics than I do about my grandchildren. I assure you, that is not the case. If I say, I'll sign onto the global accord if China or India does this or that first, I am enabling a continuing of policy that will harm the earth at the expense and leisure of my friends, family and faith.

Personally, I will remain conservative. However, I will also learn to control my personal habits that may harm our environment, help make better business decisions and stop blaming the non-competitive nature of American business on our "right" to destroy the very earth we live on. Some matters must transend our petty politics. If we can't tell the difference in which those are, we are hypocritical and short sighted.

I believe, in the long run, this trumps even the war in Iraq as far as actions we need to take. As difficult as the war is and will be, the balance of 6,000,000,000 lives and the destruction of God's creation had better move up on all our agendas.

DeeMan

Gayle in MD
03-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Bush is quoted as governor saying he wants to be a war president.

Bush lies about the urgency of Iraq occupation. No WMD's found, no connection to bin Laden, no threatening mushroom clouds.

Bush gets into office and deep sixes his father's presidential papers, and more, all the way back to Reagan's Administration.

Cheney has secret meetings with Corporate Oil, goes all the way to the Supreme Court, to block people from knowing who was there, and what was said. Big Oil gets huge tax breaks, and subsidies, and secret contracts to drill gaurenteed percentages in Iraq.

American Enterprise Institute has a Project For The New American Century which calls for American Global Power Take Over, and unending war, and their greatest contributors are the Corporate Military Industrial Complex, defense contractors.

Attorney General Lamb gets conviction on Cunningham, and launches investigation on C.I.A. defense contractor, and is promptly fired, along with seven others who are slandered and fired in the middle of a president's last term.

George Bush, appoints a former Oil Lobbyist in charge of Environment Protection.

George Bush tries to cut off funding for the investigation into 9/11.

The Bush administration tries to censor Scientific Studies on Global Warming, and intimidate Scientists.

Gonzales lies for Bush to justify his mis-use of signing statements as a way to break Congressional law, justify his use of torture, and justify suspension of Habeas Corpus.

Bush encourges amnesty for illegal aliens, opening our borders, and Corporate America gets loads of cheap labor, as more and more of our American Middle Class slides into the poverty ranks.

George Bush and Dick Cheney's old Corporate buddies make billions on the war, and unprecedented profits, and huge tax breaks, but the prices go down every election period, and through the roof every summer/vacation period.

Bush blocks cheaper Canadian drugs from being sold in this country, while Rumsfeld's old Pharmetcutical cronies make a fortune on drugs.

Bush stops the Veterans Administration from shopping price on their drugs. Pharmaceuticals file huge profits.

Republicans block investigations for six years, and now the Democrats are being accused of partisan politics for instituting oversight, their job description! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I say we push for a test that Republicans must take before entering the voting booth. Get one of those paper restaurant place mats like they give to kids, with a connect the dots drawing on it, and a crayon! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
03-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Bravo Deeman...WOW!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now that's what I call a true patriot, and a non partisan, responsible American Citizen, with a conscience!

Gee, I'm glad you wrote your post. Gives me hope.

Now, ya think China will lend us the money, cause the War in Iraq, is driving this country deeper and deeper in debt, and I for one, think that when and if we get our hands on that oil in Iraq, it's not going to do much to promote a reversal of our energy dependence, and irresponsible energy policies.

Gayle in Md.

hondo
03-19-2007, 09:29 AM
A very good post, Dee.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> When we are presented with evidence, it is incumbent on us to examine it and make a decision based on what it means to us and the threat it may represent. I have watched Al Gore's movie (as anyone who opposes or doubts a subject should). I have read several articles with opposing views on the causes, impact and remedies. If we are honest and rational and fair, we should let the information help us make an informed decision.

I believe Al Gore and others have presented a strong case that we (humans) have impacted and are impacting the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and that empirical evidence shows it has a direct impact on the global warming we are now experiencing, not just a cyclical trend, nor cow farts, nor the simple decay of plant life.

That means, if we truely care about our children and grandchildren, we who would not concede this point before must admit we were wrong and try to contribute to a solution, not just make this more of a political football.

I never claimed global warming was a hoax, but did question the data that indicated it was man made. I was wrong. If I continue to hide behind the few odd scientists that say, in the face of overwealming evidence, that this is natural, I care more about my personal politics than I do about my grandchildren. I assure you, that is not the case. If I say, I'll sign onto the global accord if China or India does this or that first, I am enabling a continuing of policy that will harm the earth at the expense and leisure of my friends, family and faith.

Personally, I will remain conservative. However, I will also learn to control my personal habits that may harm our environment, help make better business decisions and stop blaming the non-competitive nature of American business on our "right" to destroy the very earth we live on. Some matters must transend our petty politics. If we can't tell the difference in which those are, we are hypocritical and short sighted.

I believe, in the long run, this trumps even the war in Iraq as far as actions we need to take. As difficult as the war is and will be, the balance of 6,000,000,000 lives and the destruction of God's creation had better move up on all our agendas.

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

Bobbyrx
03-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I know it sounds goofy but there IS a U.N. report saying
that animals raised for food generate more greenhouse gases than all cars and trucks combined, and that (according to a recent University of Chicago study), switching to a vegetarian diet is more effective in countering global warming than switching from a standard American car to a Prius. Why is there no uproar about this??

Bobbyrx
03-19-2007, 02:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Bush is quoted as governor saying he wants to be a war president.

Bush lies about the urgency of Iraq occupation. No WMD's found, no connection to bin Laden, no threatening mushroom clouds.

Bush gets into office and deep sixes his father's presidential papers, and more, all the way back to Reagan's Administration.

Cheney has secret meetings with Corporate Oil, goes all the way to the Supreme Court, to block people from knowing who was there, and what was said. Big Oil gets huge tax breaks, and subsidies, and secret contracts to drill gaurenteed percentages in Iraq.

American Enterprise Institute has a Project For The New American Century which calls for American Global Power Take Over, and unending war, and their greatest contributors are the Corporate Military Industrial Complex, defense contractors.

Attorney General Lamb gets conviction on Cunningham, and launches investigation on C.I.A. defense contractor, and is promptly fired, along with seven others who are slandered and fired in the middle of a president's last term.

George Bush, appoints a former Oil Lobbyist in charge of Environment Protection.

The Bush administration tries to censor Scientific Studies on Global Warming, and intimidate Scientists.

Gonzales lies for Bush to justify his mis-use of signing statements as a way to break Congressional law, justify his use of torture, and justify suspension of Habeas Corpus.

Bush encourges amnesty for illegal aliens, opening our borders, and Corporate America gets loads of cheap labor, as more and more of our American Middle Class slides into the poverty ranks.

George Bush and Dick Cheney's old Corporate buddies make billions on the war, and unprecedented profits, and huge tax breaks, but the prices go down every election period, and through the roof every summer/vacation period.

Bush blocks cheaper Canadian drugs from being sold in this country, while Rumsfeld's old Pharmetcutical cronies make a fortune on drugs.

Bush stops the Veterans Administration from shopping price on their drugs. Pharmaceuticals file huge profits.

Republicans block investigations for six years, and now the Democrats are being accused of partisan politics for instituting oversight, their job description! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I say we push for a test that Republicans must take before entering the voting booth. Get one of those paper restaurant place mats like they give to kids, with a connect the dots drawing on it, and a crayon! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gayle in Md.
<font color="blue"> What does PETA saying that cows are worst than SUV's have do to the usual Bush bashing? </font color>

Gayle in MD
03-19-2007, 02:54 PM
About as much as Clinton sweeping out the Attorney's General when he took office, compared to Gonzelas lying under oath for targeting AG's who didn't target enough Democrats, to suit the President's agenda.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
03-19-2007, 05:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Bush is quoted as governor saying he wants to be a war president.

Gayle in Md.
<hr /></blockquote>

Did I miss something? Is there something in there talking about global warming?

I heard today that Gore will be going to Congress to do a presentation on global warming. This is the third time they have tried to schedule it. One was postponed due to a huge snow and ice storm, and the other was postponed because of bitter cold temperatures. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 03:30 AM
What are you saying, Steve, you don't believe that global warming is true? No Scientific study that I know of has stated that there won't be any more snow storms. Why not tell us whether you think that systematic appointments of Republican loyalists, Like Cooney, who formally had jobs with Exon, as a lobbyist, be placed in positions of White House Chief Of Staff on Environmental Protection policy?
Cooney, admitted to censoring on behalf of the Bush/Oil obvious interference of Scientific Reports, to aliegn them with Bush's anti environment policies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070319/na-gen-us-scientists-warming

Did you happen to see the way the Republicans in the oversight commitee treated Mr. Hansen, the Director/Scientist from NASA? We pay his salary, and then Bush puts in a former Oil attorney, propagandist for Exon, right on the job of censoring his findings. Meanwhile, scientists around the world are becoming more and more alarmed that the ice cap is melting. Pahleeeze!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

This administration is nothing but a Nazi style regime.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 05:37 AM
argumentative, and not really adding anything to the discussion. Only posted to evoke a return that can elevate to a full blown arguementargumentative, and not really adding anything to the discussion. Only posted to evoke a return that can elevate to a full blown arguement

hondo
03-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Did I miss something? Is there something in there talking about global warming?

I heard today that Gore will be going to Congress to do a presentation on global warming. This is the third time they have tried to schedule it. One was postponed due to a huge snow and ice storm, and the other was postponed because of bitter cold temperatures. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Hmm. Erratic weather conditions? Wasn't that one of the
characteristics of global warming? You guys kill me.
Every time it snows you smirk and think that disproves
global warming. I hope you characters are right.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 08:00 AM
LOL, I was thinking the same thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but since they don't read, I figured it would just lead to another argument about the facts. Hell, we all know the storms were worse when Clinton was in office, it's all his fault! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hondo
03-20-2007, 08:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, I was thinking the same thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, but since they don't read, I figured it would just lead to another argument about the facts. Hell, we all know the storms were worse when Clinton was in office, it's all his fault! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I don't know if they were worse but they sure blew
a lot harder.

Bobbyrx
03-20-2007, 10:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, I was thinking the same thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, <font color="blue"> but since they don't read </font color> , I figured it would just lead to another argument about the facts. Hell, we all know the storms were worse when Clinton was in office, it's all his fault! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Who's not reading? Let me try again. This post was about PETA vs Al Gore. Not the usual litany of Bush bashing. There are a few hundred other threads for that.

hondo
03-20-2007, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bobbyrx:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> LOL, I was thinking the same thing /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif, <font color="blue"> but since they don't read </font color> , I figured it would just lead to another argument about the facts. Hell, we all know the storms were worse when Clinton was in office, it's all his fault! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Who's not reading? Let me try again. This post was about PETA vs Al Gore. Not the usual litany of Bush bashing. There are a few hundred other threads for that.
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm innocent. You sent this to the wrong person.

eg8r
03-20-2007, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm innocent. You sent this to the wrong person. <hr /></blockquote> Correct, you were the one trying to inject a little humor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Bobbyrx
03-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Sorry Hondo, you were hit by friendly fire!!!

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 02:23 PM
BWA HA HA HA...that's a good one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, see how these boys go off half cocked over me, LMAO. Addition, is a terrible thing... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
03-20-2007, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> argumentative, and not really adding anything to the discussion. Only posted to evoke a return that can elevate to a full blown arguementargumentative, and not really adding anything to the discussion. Only posted to evoke a return that can elevate to a full blown arguement

<hr /></blockquote>
Too bad you had to wait for me to come up with that so you would have a cute little response to use when your "facts" don't work. Just one thing, if you are going to quote me, try to get it right. There is a word in the middle of all that, that I know I have never used, imagined, typed, or even thought was an actual word. Where did you find it?
Steve

Gayle in MD
03-21-2007, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
argumentative, and not really adding anything to the discussion. Only posted to evoke a return that can elevate to a full blown arguement
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks for pointing that out. Oh, and, you are right, my mistake, I should have said that the vast majority of the Scientific community, is in agreement, that human activity, contributes greatly to Global Warming. But then...you would prefer discussions which are....

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
argumentative, and not really adding anything to the discussion. Only posted to evoke a return that can elevate to a full blown arguement

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

llotter
03-21-2007, 09:51 AM
As I listen to Al Goreís testimony this morning on CSPAN, I just marvel at his intelligence and understanding of not only the global warming issue but also the short-comings of the marketplace. I donít know why we just donít scrap the entire concept of private enterprise system and simply let Mr. Gore direct our economic affairs. Letís just swap greed for intelligent design and stop worrying about any these theoretical disasters. He knows how to convert a perceived problem into a great leap forward, turning lemons to lemonade, and if the selfish private sector canít or wonít do the job, this super hero stands at the ready. It is with great relief that we can relax now because Al Gore and those others in the committee have convinced me that we are in good hands and can trust our leadership to fall into line regardless of party. I will sleep much easier from now on.

Gayle in MD
03-21-2007, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
As I listen to Al Goreís testimony this morning on CSPAN, I just marvel at his intelligence and understanding of not only the global warming issue but also the short-comings of the marketplace
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

I agree....

llotter
03-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey, that's not fair!!! You take my quote out of context, but I'm pleased you can at least find something worthwhile in my post even if you have to ignore the rules.

Gayle in MD
03-21-2007, 11:29 AM
You know something friend, the Vice President hadn't even finished his appearance this morning, before our this guy was on here with his criticisms.

BTW, the Vice President's performance, was fabulous. The idiots were the Republican Representatives from Texas, who made complete fools of themselves. I was amazed with the Vice Presidents vast knowledge, and the huge accumulation of Scientific agreement on this urgent issues of global warming.

The right, is obviously getting angrier and angrier, now that we have restored some oversight with our votes. Not only that, is it my imagination, or does it seem to you that their statements, are even more bazaar than ever?

Regardless, the good news is, I am seeing more and more bi-partisanship agreement, and action. I expect that will continue to grow, as we see more implementation of subpoena power, and more uncovering of illegal activity by the administration.

Hang on friend, we're about to enjoy a very pleasant ride... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bobbyrx
03-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Yes it's just hard to believe that the people who know him best, the people from his home state, the great State of Tennessee, voted for Bush.

Gayle in MD
03-21-2007, 11:40 AM
The rules???

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>
Registration as a User implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence, that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright - or that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.
- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.
- The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.
- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Guess you are not familiar with the rules?

/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

llotter
03-21-2007, 12:32 PM
I was referring to the rules of civil debate but I don't think I have broken any of those rules you listed. If you take any offense to any of my posts, I am sorry, but there is a clear line, however fine, between calling an idea idiotic and calling the person who espouses that idea and idiot. I am always arguing about ideas and not about the people on either side of an issue, with the possible exception of a little tongue-in-cheek humor.

Gayle in MD
03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Whatever you say, llotter, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> BTW, the Vice President's performance, was fabulous. I was amazed with the Vice Presidents vast knowledge, <hr /></blockquote>

What else would you expect from someone smart enough to invent the internet?
Steve