PDA

View Full Version : super billiards expo...who went..

trob
03-18-2007, 04:38 PM
So who went...what did you do ...how did you play ...and what did you buy.

I did everything possible. Saw the pro's. A local boy played in the gabriel open. Bret stotelmyer (probobly not how his last name is spelled lol) He drew Johny Archer in the first round. luck him /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Johny got up 6-2 and bret made a run..actually ended up takeing him to the hill befor loseing.

I bought a new case and an ob1 shaft. I played with that and the predator and the ob1 just hit better. A friend of mine who has played with predator for a couple years hit some with it and said he thought it hit much better then the predator also.

I played pretty good over all..me and a friend won some minny tournaments. I did okay in the main tournament until I ran into a guy from this area that's all but pro..Dick Margarot. He's won the tournament befor and also the national bar box 8 ball championship in vegas. I'm a pretty good player but it's hard to beat someone who plays 10 hours a day. lol

Anybody watch the 2 guys playing for 5 grand..first up by 10 games. They played for like 14 hours straight I was told. I saw them early on.

dg-in-centralpa
03-18-2007, 05:04 PM
I couldn't make it. Work held me up and the snow left me stranded in my driveway. Dick Magaro is always tough. I'll get there next year.

DG

9 Ball Girl
03-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I didn't go. I cancelled everything on Wednesday cause I just didn't feel like going. nAz too.

Hope all that went had a good time.

DickLeonard
03-19-2007, 06:24 AM
9 Ball Girl now I don't feel so bad about not going. ####

Cornerman
03-19-2007, 07:49 AM
It's Monday morning, and I'm still at the Expo...

The snow/ice dampened the turnout, but some of the vendors still did quite well.

Fred

eg8r
03-19-2007, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So who went <hr /></blockquote> I was so close, yet so far away. I had finally changed my airline tickets to leave Friday evening instead of Thrusday, and then I got called to a meeting first thing Friday morning. I had to change my tickets again. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe next year.

Some of my coworkers who stayed in Philly on Friday are still their waiting for their flights to leave.

eg8r

DennyS
03-19-2007, 10:01 AM
I went and had a great time. Arrived on Wednesday and left noon on Sunday.

hondo
03-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Being a working man I can only go to one and go to DCC.
I retire on June 11 so maybe next year if I have any money.

trob
03-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I already booked the radison for next year. The only thingI didn't like about the trip was not being able to go relax in my room a bit in between games.

Eric.
03-19-2007, 02:42 PM
First of all, we had a drink for our brothers and sisters that were felled by the ice storm...

Then we had another for...you get the idea

I didn't see any of the Expo. Unfortunately, due to an agreement with Allen Hopkins, I didn't make a showing because *ahem* some fake World Champion head butted my hands last year. But I digress...

I missed meeting some forum members due to weather or other, but met some great people. I took pics of most everyone
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/pool-photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/146
except Pharoah68 and Buddha162. Somehow, I missed those two.

We ate, drank (stay away from the Agent Orange, that stuff hurts) and shot some stick. The short version is that it was a great time. Hey, here's a side note for those interested- we went to dinner at the Fox and Hound, near the KOP mall. They have 7 Diamond 9 ft tables for rent! So, needless to say, the 5 of us (Heath, Buddha, Pharo, Me and Susie) shot some Pool with dinner. In case you're wondering, those guys all have game (not the ol "talk big on the Internet" types) and were great company.

Like every other year, the InsidePool/Jeeve's party rocks! Thanks to Jeeve's, JR and crew. This party is a highlight of VF. Hell, it's the main reason I went, this year.

What can I say? In short, VF is great. If ya love Pool and dont mind having a good time and meeting friends, what's keeping you away?

Eric

trob
03-19-2007, 05:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> First of all, we had a drink for our brothers and sisters that were felled by the ice storm...

Then we had another for...you get the idea

I didn't see any of the Expo. Unfortunately, due to an agreement with Allen Hopkins, I didn't make a showing because *ahem* some fake World Champion head butted my hands last year. But I digress...

I missed meeting some forum members due to weather or other, but met some great people. I took pics of most everyone
http://www.insidepoolmag.com/pool-photos/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/146
except Pharoah68 and Buddha162. Somehow, I missed those two.

We ate, drank (stay away from the Agent Orange, that stuff hurts) and shot some stick. The short version is that it was a great time. Hey, here's a side note for those interested- we went to dinner at the Fox and Hound, near the KOP mall. They have 7 Diamond 9 ft tables for rent! So, needless to say, the 5 of us (Heath, Buddha, Pharo, Me and Susie) shot some Pool with dinner. In case you're wondering, those guys all have game (not the ol "talk big on the Internet" types) and were great company.

Like every other year, the InsidePool/Jeeve's party rocks! Thanks to Jeeve's, JR and crew. This party is a highlight of VF. Hell, it's the main reason I went, this year.

What can I say? In short, VF is great. If ya love Pool and dont mind having a good time and meeting friends, what's keeping you away?

Eric
<hr /></blockquote>

Okay ..whats the head butt story that kept you from the expo? This sounds like a good one!!

dg-in-centralpa
03-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Eric,
Sorry we missed you,Susie, and Fred. It was midday until I got done plowing my driveway. We'll get there next year. Great pics.

DG

Rich R.
03-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Eric, I'm sorry I missed you and Susie. I guess we just weren't at the party at the same time, this year.

We had a great time, watching friends play in the amateur events, watching the pros, partying with friends, and, yes, I did a little shopping.

We looking forward to next year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
03-20-2007, 10:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Eric, I'm sorry I missed you and Susie. I guess we just weren't at the party at the same time, this year.

We had a great time, watching friends play in the amateur events, watching the pros, partying with friends, and, yes, I did a little shopping.

We looking forward to next year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Unfortunately, I was on limited access this year. Oh well. Maybe you, Cathy, Duane and Mrs will hit the US Open?

As far as the head butting thing...well, it's an old, worn out saga. You might find omething in the archives, if you're bored.

Eric

9 Ball Girl
03-20-2007, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>Unfortunately, I was on limited access this year. <hr /></blockquote>Hey Eric, is that a forever thing or just this one time thing?

trob
03-20-2007, 12:01 PM
Well I'm bored today so I looked..can't find anything.

dg-in-centralpa
03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Rich,
How did you do in the tournament? Did you buy another Capone? Pretty soon you'll corner the market on them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

Brian in VA
03-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Sorry I was unable to make it but several friends went and reported seeing some of you. Hope to see you all at the US Open in October.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Brian in VA

Rich R.
03-20-2007, 03:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>Oh well. Maybe you, Cathy, Duane and Mrs will hit the US Open?
<hr /></blockquote>
You know we will be at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-20-2007, 03:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Rich,
How did you do in the tournament? Did you buy another Capone? Pretty soon you'll corner the market on them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>
Duane, I drilled and got drilled, in the tournament.
I won my first match, 5-1 and 5-0.
I lost my second match, 0-5 and 4-5.

As for the shopping, I can honestly say, I left Valley Forge empty handed. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
However, I did place a couple of orders, including one with Mr. Capone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
03-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Can't wait to see your new "Toy." Is this going to take the place of your other playing cues or just for your collection? Have you officially retired your Lambros?

DG - thinking about getting a new cue

Rich R.
03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Can't wait to see your new "Toy." Is this going to take the place of your other playing cues or just for your collection? Have you officially retired your Lambros?

DG - thinking about getting a new cue <hr /></blockquote>
I think this new one will be the prettiest of the bunch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
It will also be a playing cue. I'm not a believer in the practice of buying cues, just to put in a case. I play with them. That is what they were made for.
The Lambros has officially been retired as my main playing cue for some time. I just like the Capones better. However, I do bring it out, at home, to play once in a while. I keep thinking that I will sell it, but so far, I haven't gotten around to that yet.