PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales.........

Qtec
03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
..instead of protecting the rights of Americans, he has just been a rubber stamp for GW's whims.

Spying on US citizens-no problem.
Torture- thats ok.
Habeus Corpus [sp?]- doesn't apply when GW says so.
Fire attorneys because they won't co-operate, ie because wouldn't be corrupted- absolutely.

I find it amazing that these guys go to church and call themselves Christians or whatever but have no qualms about breaking all their principals and rules in the course of doing their job.
Ask Karl Rove about doing unto others............!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? ???

Its time for a change. Its time to hold politicians to their words. I would like to see all the neo-con war mongerers on the stand answering questions under oath.
You would need to build a new jail.

Gonzales is a worm. You can tell that by just looking at him.
Wonder how many BJs he had to give Karl to get that job. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q
......................just ranting /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cushioncrawler
03-19-2007, 01:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> ......I find it amazing that these guys go to church and call themselves Christians or whatever but have no qualms about breaking all their principals and rules in the course of doing their job....<hr /></blockquote>Q -- I am wondering. I am wondering where and when any christian in this modern era haz ever uzed christian values or principles or rules (ie from the bible) in doing hiz/her job, or in any sort of bizness dealing etc. Duz anyone know of any such instance. madMac.

Gayle in MD
03-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Q,
I was listening to the C-Span call in on Washington Journal this morning, and the people who called in on the Republican line, were all repeating the right wing buzz statements, which seem to never address the pointed issue. They all repeated over and over that Clinton did the same thing! Not even pertinent to addressing what Rove, Gonzales and likely Bush, have actually done. These attorney's were fired for investigating and indicting crooked Republicans, and accused of not pushing for enough charges against Democrats, fast enough, before the election, for one thing, and one, Carol Lam, was about to charge a person with the GOP, according to Repesentative Dianne Feinstein, and there is apparently an incriminating memo, or e-mail involved, stating that because of Lam's intentions, she had to go. Nice, an attorney General, using his office, as a political tool to protect Republicans, and ruin Democrats! And, an Attorney General, whose job is to protect and enforce the law of the land, lying to the Congress and the Senate. Typical bush loyalist.

Gonzales, is nothing but a thug, just like Rove, Cheney, Rice and Bush....SOS. Disgusting.

It seems that many from the right don't understand proper proceedure. Serving at the President's pleasure and the words Bush loyatly actually mean, if one is willing to take part in a lie, and follow through with the resulting necessity of the cover up of Bush's law breaking, and unconstitutional activity, and then fall his his sword to protect said president, then one is serving at the President's pleasure. What they have done, is not what Clinton did. What they have done, again, is unprecedented. Not only that, but they smeared the reputations of those who were fired, and who were later proven to be outstanding Attorney's General. Of course, it's just a coincidence that Carol Lam, charged Cummingham, and his partner in crime, and was about to charge several others.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

It's actually hilarious listening to Republicans, calling in and complaining about wasting the tax payers money with investigations! Guess they're in shock, after six years of no oversight at all. Any day now, Gonzales will probably be getting a medal, LMAO!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
03-24-2007, 06:18 AM
You are so right to question Christian Values of the right. When the president of the United States, refers to money in a bill, that is to help our wounded soldiers, and their families, health care for poor children, Katrina victims, farmers dealing with financial difficulties, PORK, one must wonder, can there be any doubt that this man is no Christian?

Billions upon billions, lost or wasted in Iraq, under a completely unrealistic goal of spreading democracy, in the middle east, of all places, and turning Iraq into a United States Ally, completely unrealistic on it's face.

Leave it to a bunch of intellectual neocon hawks, to launch war, against a tactic, terrorism, in one location, where there just happens to be the easiest to refine, and easiest to drill, oil, is just too absurd for words, and completely dishonest on it's face.

How any person can argue for torture, and call themselves Christian, is beyond me. Quoting Terrorist leaders, in order to build their case, is probably one of the dumbest things Bush does, regularly. Is he so dumb, that he thinks they're going to give away what they really want to see us do? He already gave them what they wanted, when he launched war, and started killing Arabs in the Middle East, instead of putting all his efforts into Capturing and infiltrating their cells all over the world, and leaving our borders wide open to their next plans.

Of all things about this that has never left me, is the look on his face when he learned of the WTC attack, no surprise at all, and Rumsfeld, jumping into it within the hour, talking about occupying Iraq, followd by a deluge of no bid contracts for all their buddies.

You can fool some of the people, some of the time....but...

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
03-25-2007, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was listening to the C-Span call in on Washington Journal this morning, and the people who called in on the Republican line, were all repeating the right wing buzz statements, <hr /></blockquote> Is this any different then every single one of your posts in which you are just repeating the left wing buzz statements? If you don't want to be called a hypocrite don't act like one.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Is this any different then every single one of your posts

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BRussell
03-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't know why people are focusing on Gonzales. This is about the president. He runs things. He chooses people. They do what he wants. He's standing by Gonzales.

Gonzales is a distraction. Bush is the source of the problems in our government, and I'm a little tired of people blaming Gonzales or Cheney or Rumsfeld or Rove. It's all about Bush.

Gayle in MD
03-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Bravo! No question. Every lie, every incompetent appointee, every dead and wounded soldier, the huge deficits, the huge failires, from Iraq, to Katrina, the buck stops right on his desk.

The latest scandals involving the F.B.I. and the D.O.J., are just more reasons why the S.O.B.'s, Pres. and VP, should both be impeached!

http://www.democrats.com/peoplesemailnetwork/65?ad=g1&amp;gclid=CJ6yxJuLk4sCFR0CPwodMFQxWA

Just in case you want Congress to hear your voice... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
03-26-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/novak/312734,CST-EDT-novak26.article

Robert Novak's right wing view, seems to be saying the same thing... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's a bit of a non denial, denial, LOL. SOS!

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
03-26-2007, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's all about Bush. <hr /></blockquote> It is always about Bush. He is the cause for all wrong on the planet.

eg8r

BRussell
03-26-2007, 02:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> It is always about Bush. He is the cause for all wrong on the planet.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Haha, no, but he is responsible for actions taken by his government, including this US attorney stuff. He is also responsible for the war in Iraq. He is responsible for our country's budget deficits. He is responsible for holding prisoners without trial in Guantanamo, for "harsh interrogation" tactics. He is also at least partially for No Child Left Behind, for the prescription medicare changes, and other legislation passed with his signature.

And it wouldn't surprise me if he is somehow responsible for my opponent making the 9-ball on the break last night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm just a little tired of the president doing things and then people - primarily Democrats - saying "it was Cheney" or Rove or someone else. Really the point of my post was to say that we (critics of the Bush administration) are too willing to focus on other shady, behind-the-scenes bad guys like Cheney, Rummy, Rove, Gonzales, etc., and too willing to just assume that Bush isn't the main actor in these things.

Gayle in MD
03-26-2007, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just a little tired of the president doing things and then people - primarily Democrats - saying "it was Cheney" or Rove or someone else. Really the point of my post was to say that we (critics of the Bush administration) are too willing to focus on other shady, behind-the-scenes bad guys like Cheney, Rummy, Rove, Gonzales, etc., and too willing to just assume that Bush isn't the main actor in these things.

<hr /></blockquote>

I agree completely. Libby took the fall for Cheney. Gonzales is going to eventually take the fall for Rove and Bush. Bush is at the top, everything done by his appointees, falls right on his lap. Now, a Department Of Justice official, Monica Goodling, states she will take the fifth in front of Congress! Geeze, what is this anyway, the mafia? There's no reason that flies, other than this thing going right into the White House. She can't claim executive privilege. This thing has legs.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Haha, no, but he is responsible for actions taken by his government, including this US attorney stuff. He is also responsible for the war in Iraq. <hr /></blockquote> You are correct, ultimately he holds the responsibility.

[ QUOTE ]
He is responsible for our country's budget deficits. <hr /></blockquote> His greatest downfall. It is simple common sense that if you cut taxes, you must also find ways to cut current and future spending. He is awful at this and this is a great example of proof that W is more a centrist than a Far-right Rep.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just a little tired of the president doing things and then people - primarily Democrats - saying "it was Cheney" or Rove or someone else. <hr /></blockquote> While I understand what you are trying to say, I don't believe that I fully agree. Meaning, yes he is ultimately responsible for their actions, however if they act on their own he is in a tough position.

[ QUOTE ]
Really the point of my post was to say that we (critics of the Bush administration) are too willing to focus on other shady, behind-the-scenes bad guys like Cheney, Rummy, Rove, Gonzales, etc., and too willing to just assume that Bush isn't the main actor in these things. <hr /></blockquote> Don't beat yourself up to much, the local Bush haters like Gayle give W his fair share.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-28-2007, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While I understand what you are trying to say, I don't believe that I fully agree. Meaning, yes he is ultimately responsible for their actions, however if they act on their own he is in a tough position. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Ha ha ha, spoken like a true partisan. If he appoints incompetenct people, for all the wrogn reasons, then it's his look out when they act incompetently. Bush chooses his people according to whether or not they will take the fall on their sword to protect him from being impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors. Ability is never an issue in his appointments...Petreaus and Gates are his first two competent appointees, and that's only because he's in such deep $**T! </font color>

eg8r
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ha ha ha, spoken like a true partisan. <hr /></blockquote> Something a little closer to the truth was that it was spoken by an honest person, this is where you and I differ. I am honest and do not change my position on responsibility based on political party. I am adult enough to accept the fact that he holds responsiblity. You don't force responsibilty on anyone if that person happens to be a Dem. It is never their fault. You are worse than a child when trying to find someone else to place the blame. [ QUOTE ]
Bush chooses his people according to whether or not they will take the fall on their sword to protect him from being impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors. <hr /></blockquote> Let's just be honest here, you don't know anything about how W chooses his people and I certainly am not going to listen to your ridiculous opinion of what requirements you feel he has. Half the time you cannot even understand basic subject matter, how on earth can I expect to believe you might have an inkling of understanding how a President chooses his people.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-28-2007, 12:01 PM
YOU...HONEST!!! AH HA HA HA, Pahleeeze! My sides are splitting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rumsfeld, Rice, Chertoff, Brown, Wolfowitz, Bremmer, Franks, Gonzales, FBI director, competent??? AH ha ha ha, you're killin' me.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

wolfdancer
03-28-2007, 12:06 PM
you could say that George has been unfortunate in his choice of political friends, political appointees.....or you could say they just reflect the total incompetance, and moral corruption of this....the worst admin in history, led by the worst, and most hated, President ever.
If I had voted for this man, I'd be praying to my Saviour for forgiveness, knowing that I shared in the blooding of the innocents.

wolfdancer
03-28-2007, 12:14 PM
talk about sticking one's head in the sand......
Ed would have made an excellent jurer, as well, on the O.J. trial.....faced with an ever increasing mountain of evidence against O.J. (GWB), he would be looking for the smallest clue that could reaffirm his own beliefs.
I always wondered how O.J. got off...and now, thanks to Ed....I know.....
O.J. couldn't have done it, because he won a Heisman Trophy
Bush is a Christian, conservative....so all these accusations must be wrong......

Gayle in MD
03-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Sooner or later, they're going to get caught. I predict, Gonzales first, then Rove, will be the next fall guys.

BTW, did you happen to see Smile/nod and the black Howdy Dutress, trying to dance? Hillarious!

Did you by any chance catch the FBI director being interrogated by the Senate Investigations Committee? Unbelievable. He admitted to incompetence, poor guidence, sloppiness, carelessness, poor leadership, and a whole range of other adjectives for incompetence, and stupidity, anything but admit the truth, they broke the law. I expect Bush to pin a medal on him any day now! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

No doubt, the administration is a joke, along with the Republicans who empowered them, and covered up for them, blocking any oversight into their responsibility for 9/11, and everything else since, during their great assult against our country. The blood of our people, and the women and children who have been slaughtered in Iraq, will be on their hands forever.

I, too, would be ashamed to admit that I voted for this nincompoop!

Gayle in Md.