PDA

View Full Version : R U smarter Than A Neocon?

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 04:11 AM
This is funny... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marty-kaplan/are-you-smarter-than-a-ne_b_43682.html

eg8r
03-20-2007, 06:56 AM
What is even more funny than that is someone who claims to be "informed" is caught reading the Huffington Post.

eg8r

moblsv
03-20-2007, 07:10 AM
A certain reply to your post reminded me of this

You Can’t Argue With Stupid
By Nancy Greggs

It’s true. In any political discussion, you can educate the ill-informed, you can make some headway amongst those with common sense. But you can’t argue with Stupid – and you’re wasting your time if you try.

And Stupid was out in force this week.

Valerie Plame was not a covert CIA operative; she was a desk jockey. But according to Stupid, she was a desk jockey who sent her husband on a mission to Niger. Yes, it was right there in her job description: “Typing, filing, answering the phone, authorizing the sending of individuals to investigate activities in foreign nations that will have national and international impact, and could be grounds for sending the United States to war.” She also made coffee for the entire office.

Stupid is also quick to point out that everybody knew Plame didn’t have covert status, and therefore couldn’t be outted in the first instance. Of course, Stupid has no explanation as to why his president didn’t look into Plame’s status from the outset, and issue a statement confirming her non-covert status – which, of course, would have put an end to the discussion right then and there – and instead chose to announce investigations into finding out who had leaked the name of a covert CIA operative.

Maybe Stupid thinks that his president was just too busy to make a couple of phone calls. Maybe Bush has to make coffee for the entire office, too.

Stupid will be the first person to point out to you that just because the CIA director confirmed Plame’s status doesn’t make it so – I mean, how would he know better than Victoria Toensing (duh!)?

As for Libby facing prison for lying about the disclosure of a non-covert operative, Stupid is still grappling with that one. Maybe Bush let him be the fall guy for a non-crime because he just doesn’t like him. Maybe Libby complained about the White House coffee once too often.

If you visit the websites where Stupid posts, you’ll understand the breadth of his knowledge about all things political. Stupid doesn’t understand why the Democrats are always harping about the national debt. He will explain to you, very patiently, that the national debt is what is owed to the country by nations who have been borrowing from us for years. When that number hit the trillions, Stupid was ecstatic – he could see the country rolling in dough-re-me for decades to come. Besides, based on Stupid’s logic, if the country ever does find itself in debt, the treasury department will just print more money – end of problem.

The thing that really gets Stupid going is the War on Terror. He gets incensed over the fact that the rest of us just don’t get it. This is a war we have to win. He acknowledges that for every so-called terrorist we kill, a dozen more are incited to take his place. Don’t ever ask Stupid how we’re going to win a war in which we keep encouraging new recruits – because you don’t understand that we have to win this thing. Stupid figures he’ll get the last laugh when we find out that the last terrorist on earth has been taken out by US forces. He can’t explain when or how that will happen, but that doesn’t dampen his enthusiasm – he already has a case of Champale on ice, waiting to toast that particular Mission Accomplished.

Like I said, you just can’t argue with Stupid. He knows that the sun revolves around a six thousand-year-old flat earth, and global warming is a hoax being perpetrated by the people who own the weather networks in an obvious attempt to up their ratings.

He knows that an increase of attacks in Iraq is a sign of progress, because those insurgents wouldn’t be so pissed off if we weren’t handing them their asses on a regular basis.

He doesn’t know what Victory in Iraq actually means, but he’s damned sure if we don’t win, it will be because the American people aren’t supporting this war – our opinions at home, rather than military strategy and planning, being the make-or-break in such situations.

The bad news is that Stupid is out there – and he gets more than his fair share of airtime on FOX, on Limbaugh, on O’Reilly. You’ll know him when you hear him – he’s the guy who thinks everyone should sign up and go to Iraq – except him, because he’s busy keeping his mother’s basement safe for democracy.

Despite all of the news stories about Walter Reed, or soldiers being sent into combat without sufficient safety equipment, weapons or training, he knows the Republicans are Supporting the Troops – because they said so, that’s why. And he can’t think of a single time they ever lied to him, or anyone else.

So do yourself a favor, and don’t argue with Stupid. He’s a hopeless case – and by simply opening his mouth, he can actually prove it beyond all reasonable doubt.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 08:05 AM
Bravo, that has got to be the best post ever! Thanks for the laugh. It's so true, it can be a bit frightening!

I think our long National Nightmare, must be moving toward a close. Atleast 95% of the Republican callers on C-SPAN this morning, brought up Clinton! Ha ha ha...ya think that's a good sign?

Love,
Gayle...BTW, I hope Stupid read your entire post, lol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sid_Vicious
03-20-2007, 08:12 AM
"Atleast 95% of the Republican callers on C-SPAN this morning, brought up Clinton"

I'm beginning to feel sorry for these people Gayle. Simply put, they all must get a life today in the world we have to deal with now, and yet Mr. C is all they have to ping. Sad ain't it...sid

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 02:20 PM
LOL, when they're back are against the wall, all they can do is yell Clinton. It's a riot!

Just look how much corruption has come to light, after only a few weeks of oversight. From the Attorney General, to the F.B.I.! I guess this is what a President gets, when he selects his appointees, according to their loyalty to him, (Willingness to lie and cover up his corrupt actions) instead of selecting people for their expertise! The F.B.I. has basically gotten an F, from the Inspector General's report on their illegal spying on Americans. Everything from bank records, to credit reports, to pin numbers, to phone and internet records! I watched the investigation today. It was stunning! And, the inspector General says after over 140,000 instances of illegal spying on American Citizens, he could only vouch for one terrorist arrest! We knew this was coming, when Bush got in there. Nothing will bring a president down faster than over-reaching his power. VIVE' LA OVERSIGHT!

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Even I can't keep up with all the scandals!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
03-20-2007, 02:40 PM
From the attorney general on down, you should be ashamed of yourself," said Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif. "We stretched to try to give you the tools necessary to make America safe, and it is very, very clear that you've abused that trust."

If Congress revokes some of the expansive law enforcement powers it granted in the wake of the Sept. 11 attacks, Issa said, "America may be less safe, but the Constitution will be more secure, and it will be because of your failure to deal with this in a serious fashion."

The FBI's failure to establish sufficient controls or oversight for collecting the information constituted "serious and unacceptable" failures, Fine told the committee.
Lawmakers Threaten F.B.I. Over Spying
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070320/national-security-letters

Gayle in MD
03-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Huffingtonpost, FYI, is a very convenient link, which is updated instantly, with news articles from all over the world. Like C-SPAN's website, I find it to be an excellent resource on current events, and breaking news.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
03-21-2007, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it to be an excellent resource on current events, and breaking news.
<hr /></blockquote> No doubt you would. That is the hilarious part.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
03-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Whatever you say Ed... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif