PDA

View Full Version : Do pool balls lose anything over time?

trob
03-20-2007, 09:10 AM
My brunswick cententials are at least 15 years old. I probobly average 7 to 8 hours a week playing at home. Can I expect them to play differently over time. lose roundness maybe..Not get the same action out of them as new balls.

Bob_Jewett
03-20-2007, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote trob:</font><hr> My brunswick cententials are at least 15 years old. I probobly average 7 to 8 hours a week playing at home. Can I expect them to play differently over time. lose roundness maybe..Not get the same action out of them as new balls. <hr /></blockquote>
They get smaller from wear and the surface gets rougher. Your balls are almost certainly smaller than regulation. One of my BD articles, which are all on-line, describes an easy way to compare the size of the cue ball and the object balls. That's what's really important rather than absolute size, up to a point. See the December 2005 article at http://www.sfbilliards.com/articles/BD_articles.html

Billy_Bob
03-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Yes they will get smaller. If you play a lot of 9-ball, the 1-9 balls will be smaller than the rest of the balls.

Deeman3
03-20-2007, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy_Bob:</font><hr> Yes they will get smaller. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> That's the very reason we are trying to wean you off steroids... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif</font color>

DeeMan

Billy_Bob
03-20-2007, 12:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr>That's the very reason we are trying to wean you off steroids... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Ahem.... Perhaps I should have said "pool balls".... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sofy60
03-20-2007, 02:24 PM
they do have wax or a urethane coating on them.. This does wear out and the balls do fade and oxideze . Keep them cleaned and waxed and your in good shape to keep them forever.