PDA

View Full Version : If you think 9-ball is hard

bigalerickson
07-22-2002, 08:02 PM
I just recently returned from a wonderful trip through the United Kingdom. Frankly, 9-ball is nothing, when compared to snooker. Longer table, smaller balls, smaller pockets, and -4 points for any scratch.

I had a great time in Englad, but had a hard time at the table. Turns out taking my cue with me, was all but worthless. even their cues are smaller. I just wish someone had told me!

At any rate, its good to be back, reading some posts, and writing a few of my own.

Big Al

Chris Cass
07-23-2002, 08:20 AM
Welcome back Big Al,

We missed ya. Settle in and if your going to the Open? The ccb is going to have a tourney there. Compliments of Brady. I sure wish I could go but right now, I'd stink up the joint. Good to see ya back big guy.

We -7 here as far as I remember. Played a couple times with Mark Wilson. He plays it very well too, I might add. Those 6 by 12's are tough out there, I bet. I've played a few times in Germany and practiced on one at Chris' Billiards long ago. One thing for sure. If you can hit the straight-in from corner to corner a couple of times. You'll take off the tourney at Chris'. The pockets were like manhole covers. hahahah What, no poker? LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~my goal is hit 3 million balls before Jan.

bigalerickson
07-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Never saw a game of poker the whole time i was there. I didn't spend much time looking, poked my head in and out of a couple places, i thought might be a possibility. I found one game, but it wasn't my game, they seemed a bit too eager when I asked what the bets were at so I passed.

Rod
07-24-2002, 02:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: bigalerickson:</font><hr> I just recently returned from a wonderful trip through the United Kingdom. Frankly, 9-ball is nothing, when compared to snooker. Longer table, smaller balls, smaller pockets, and -4 points for any scratch.

I had a great time in Englad, but had a hard time at the table. Turns out taking my cue with me, was all but worthless. even their cues are smaller. I just wish someone had told me!

At any rate, its good to be back, reading some posts, and writing a few of my own.

Big Al <hr></blockquote>

Good to see you back Big Al. You should have told us before you left, or did I miss that post? Yes Snooker on a 12 footer is in another league. Heavy cues and big shafts just don't work well playing that game. Well at least the pockets should look a lot larger since you back. lol I sure would like to go to England and Scotland. Glad you had a good trip.

Pogue
07-24-2002, 04:11 AM
Mainly PL Hold 'Em.. Not a terribly hard game.. A game of "feeder" bets.. Gotta know how to both pump up the pot and how to keep it small, depending on the situation..

(Prefers NL Hold 'Em myself..)

Pogue

Doctor_D
07-24-2002, 04:48 AM
Good morning:

Testiment to the fact that the Euro Snooker Players, who hop the pond and come to the States to shoot 9 Ball, are outstanding players.

Dr. D.