PDA

View Full Version : U.S. OPEN>>>>WHO IS GOING

cueball1950
07-22-2002, 08:53 PM
OK GANG...WHO IS GOING TO THE OPEN...COMMIT NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR CUE......................MIKE

07-22-2002, 09:11 PM
I'm going.
I'm not going.
I'm going, but I'm leaving early.
I'm going, but I'm arriving late.
I'm not going.
I am going.
AAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I can't commit!!!
(This is not as big a problem as I make it sound! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif )
Guess I'm relegated to forever holding my cue! /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Kato
07-22-2002, 09:25 PM
Cueball, you'll meet Voodoo and myself there.

Kato

Rich R.
07-23-2002, 04:17 AM
I'll be there for a couple days. Arriving some time Wednesday and leaving Saturday after I donate $20 and go 2 and out at the CCB tournament. Rich R.

Chris Cass
07-23-2002, 07:48 AM
Hey Rich,

I'll bet you a hundred, your Not 2 and out. No forget it, I lost that bet last time. hahahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm sure you'll do well.

Chris Cass
07-23-2002, 07:50 AM
hahahahahha

Well, I know for a fact. Maybe means no so you'll be there. hahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~good luck

Rich R.
07-23-2002, 08:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey Rich,

I'll bet you a hundred, your Not 2 and out. No forget it, I lost that bet last time. hahahahaha

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm sure you'll do well. <hr></blockquote>
Chris, the only way I'm not 2 and out is if I draw Kato in one of those rounds. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Then again, I'm probably 2 and out anyway. LMAO.
Rich R.~~~$20 is a small price for fun with CCB members.

Kato
07-23-2002, 08:52 AM
And once again Kato takes a left jab to the forehead, right cross to the chin, and left hook to the rib cage. I'm out for the count. Surely I can beat someone...........right???????

Kato~~~once beat someone but it was so long ago and I can't find my cane.........or my teeth. Where the hell are my glasses........what, I don't where glasses.

Eric.
07-23-2002, 08:56 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: cueball1950:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; OK GANG...WHO IS GOING TO THE OPEN...COMMIT NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR CUE......................MIKE &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Mike,

God willing, I'll be there! Looking forward to partying with some CCB'ers.

Eric &gt;been committed, going blind from holding my cue too much...

Rich R.
07-23-2002, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Surely I can beat someone...........right???????

Kato~~~once beat someone but it was so long ago and I can't find my cane.........or my teeth. Where the hell are my glasses........what, I don't where glasses. <hr></blockquote>

Kato, as I said, I'm still 2 and out. LMAO. Rich R.

SPetty
07-23-2002, 11:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> Surely I can beat someone...........right??????? <hr></blockquote>Sorry, Kato, but I can't make it this time! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

By the way, for other posters that can't make it... Brady's given us a chance to participate by donating our $20 via PayPal. Check it out on this page:

http://www.q-masters.com/CCBTourn.htm

This page also shows the 26 people that have signed up for the tourney so far. There are several who I barely recognize, and a few that I don't, so I looked them up in the CCB User List. Some are registered and have only posted a few times, one is registered and has never posted, and there are THREE that aren't registered here. The rules clearly state that this is a tournament for registered CCBers, but there are THREE that aren't registered here!

gauntletman - registered but never posted
My Cues - not registered here
Korean Kid - not registered here
Richard Penny - not registered here

Somebody should email Brady to let him know about these cheaters! (Not gauntletman, he at least followed the rules and registered... - we'd love to hear from you gauntletman!)

Chris Cass
07-23-2002, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> And once again Kato takes a left jab to the forehead, right cross to the chin, and left hook to the rib cage. I'm out for the count. Surely I can beat someone...........right???????Kato~~~once beat someone but it was so long ago and I can't find my cane.........or my teeth. Where the hell are my glasses........what, I don't where glasses. <hr></blockquote>

Kato,

Cut the crap, these people here might believe you and I'm not getting any cut of your action.

Regards,

C.C.~~my boy Kato' got game. I know it and no doubt he'll show it.

Lester
07-23-2002, 11:57 AM
The rules clearly state that this is a tournament for registered CCBers, but there are THREE that aren't registered here!

Somebody should email Brady to let him know about these cheaters! (Not gauntletman, he at least followed the rules and registered... - we'd love to hear from you gauntletman!)
<hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;That's pretty "Sleuthy", but I'll bet Brady has his eye on this list, as he promised to add $100.00 if the field reached 32 (registered users). The $20.00 donation to the event by CCB'ers is a good thing, as I'm sure Brady would read out the names of the contributors before the match, thus securing a place in the hearts of all the entrants for those that could not attend. lol ****Lester****

Rod
07-23-2002, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: Kato:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Surely I can beat someone...........right??????? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Sorry, Kato, but I can't make it this time! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

By the way, for other posters that can't make it... Brady's given us a chance to participate by donating our $20 via PayPal. Check it out on this page:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.q-masters.com/CCBTourn.htm>http://www.q-masters.com/CCBTourn.htm</a>

This page also shows the 26 people that have signed up for the tourney so far. There are several who I barely recognize, and a few that I don't, so I looked them up in the CCB User List. Some are registered and have only posted a few times, one is registered and has never posted, and there are THREE that aren't registered here. The rules clearly state that this is a tournament for registered CCBers, but there are THREE that aren't registered here!

<hr></blockquote>

Spetty, I won't be going either so were both safe./ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Just an interesting tid bit, or not so interesting but a tid bit all the same. Richard Penny has posted here a number of times in the past. It was well before the change over to the new board. I remember his name because it reminds me of the movie or character Will Penny, played by Charlton Heston. If my memory serves me right, that's asking a lot, Richard was from Colorado. Maybe he will come back and register. I think it is important that people do register as it is a possible way of confirming they will be there.
From my experience pool players say they will show, but no shows happen all to often. It's best to have them pay in advance. If their not there, their money is, but then I'm not in charge of enforcing the rules.

Kato
07-23-2002, 01:13 PM
See that's the thing, I wanted to pay up front. Doesn't matter, I'd walk there to go. I'm going to the U.S. Open, I'm playing in the CCB tournament. I'm bringing my main man with me and Virginia will never be the same.

C.C. may think I have game, he might be right, he might be wrong. I can assure of this though. 4 days of traveling, drinking, hanging out with my people and not getting any sleep will destroy any notion of me making 3 balls, not in a row, in the ENTIRE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!

Kato~~~warming up his concession speech, it goes a little like this, "Wow Rich R., you sure are a great player whipping my butt like that, or Chris in NC, thanks for letting me break that first rack, or Voodoo, can we go get some lunch please now? What do you mean you're still in the tournament? You haven't lost any games? Boo-hoo-hoo, yes Lorri, you may buy me another beer."

DEADSTOKE32
07-23-2002, 03:07 PM
THE ONLY WAY I WILL NOT MAKEING IT .IS IF A SNOW STORM HIT'S AUGUSTA GA IN THE MIDDLE OF SEPT. AND WE ALL KNOW,IT DON'T SNOW IN THE SOUTH IT'S 2 DAM HOOOOOOOOOOOT HERE..
I'M NOT GOING 2 MISS THIS FOR NOTHING..IN THE WORLD...

John in NH
07-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Hi Mike,

Count me in, arriving on Wednesday, can't wait to meet you and other CCB'ers at the tourney. Looking forward to a great week. The open will be my first major tournament in attendance.

Regards,

John

bigalerickson
07-24-2002, 01:05 AM
I'd put a 100 in Kato versus me, considering the only accurate shots I'm making are with a bridge because my back is so crooked (sp?).

Serious question: information on the Open? I've been out of the loop for a while.

biggie

Rod
07-24-2002, 01:53 AM
I know your going Kato. The only way you would not go is if Voodoo sat on you. ouch! Nope, he is going to drag you along and keep you in line? Nice speech but you should think of what your going to say if you win. I've even won some games after a few beers, but I don't remember who I beat. At the time I probably did though. Just say who's up next and strut around the room! You ought to meet a few new people that way! lol

07-24-2002, 07:28 AM
I will be there and my dad is going to be playing in it.

07-24-2002, 07:39 AM
Sorry about the annon. name..I am in FLA. We will make sure all players signed up are registered users at the players meeting..

Also, the $20 pay pal thing is if any of you want to contribut MORE $ to the added..I am adding a 100.00..

Thanks
Brady

07-24-2002, 07:40 AM
There has been no contributions thusfar...

Thanks
Brady

Kato
07-24-2002, 07:41 AM
I am thankful for the opportunity to meet so many great people. Win or lose I've already won just knowing everyone and getting to play in the same room as those 20 odd folks.

I talked to Voodoo last night. Although you can never really tell with him I'm pretty sure he hasn't decided to sit on me yet, though lets face it, things can change awfully fast in Kato's world.

Kato

07-24-2002, 08:57 AM
Well, after 9 long months of degeneratism, I just got word that I landed a job with NYU.

Apart from meaning an end to daily mac and cheese, it also means that I will be able to play in the Open this year. (Like any respectable pool player, I asked for the week off before accepting /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif)

Hope to see you all there!

- Steve Lipsky &lt;--- happy as a pig in... well, you know.

Eric.
07-24-2002, 09:11 AM
Good deal Steve. One thought, with your new job, comes more cashflow with more responsibilties, with less free time which means you'll still be eating mac n cheese(too tired to cook)! Hahaha!

Eric &gt;lunch comes from a vending machine

Rich R.
07-24-2002, 09:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Steve_Lipsky:</font><hr> Well, after 9 long months of degeneratism, I just got word that I landed a job with NYU.

Apart from meaning an end to daily mac and cheese, it also means that I will be able to play in the Open this year. (Like any respectable pool player, I asked for the week off before accepting /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif)

Hope to see you all there!

- Steve Lipsky &lt;--- happy as a pig in... well, you know.

<hr></blockquote>
Steve, remind me to hire you to negotiate my next job. LOL.
Way to go. See you at the open and good luck. Rich R.

9 Ball Girl
07-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Good to see that you have your priorities straight! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
07-24-2002, 09:49 AM
Howdy SPetty,

"My Cues" will be with the Cincy group. He used to post here but I think he's been busy lately (kicking everyone's a$$ in 14.1) /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

Cincy contingent should include:

Tom in Cincy
My Cues
CSPL John
Chuck G

I'm not going...can't take that much time off /ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
07-24-2002, 11:02 AM
Hi Deadstroke,

I wish you luck. Look out for Steve Lipsky, he's a bear. Oh, I remember it snowing in Ga one morning. It was like for ten mins or so and never stuck on the groung. hahaha

Good Luck,

C.C.~~now that I think about it, take the breaks away from Voodoo. He's a shooter too. Kato will be a force to reckon with too. can't wait to hear all about it. I don't trust anyone one who says they haven't hit a ball in mths. hahahaha

Holly
07-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Will be there...wouldn't miss it. Also, all the great players and CCB'ers keep your eye out for the opening of
http://www.fantasy9ball.com
This will be awesome!

Take care,
Holly

DEADSTOKE32
07-24-2002, 01:09 PM
O STEVEN IS GOING 2 HIT THE ROOF WHEN HE FOUNDS OUT WHO HE HAS BEEN TALKIN 2 AND ABOUT ALL THIS YEAR .HE'S GOING LOOK AND SAY O GOD NOT U..I HAVE NO GAME 4 THIS GUY..

07-24-2002, 01:49 PM
Art, I can't wait until then... do you have a pic you can send me??

I've been wondering about this since you started posting!

- Steve

Tom_In_Cincy
07-25-2002, 06:05 PM
I'll be there with a bunch of Cincy players. Some of us have been going since the mid 90s.

I expect the worst time I could have is going to be "Great"

Calcutta on the CCB tournament starts out at $100 minimum bid.. I'll take Chris in NC.. Then Brady.. Then ME..

Voodoo Daddy
07-25-2002, 06:58 PM
Tom...I'm glad your taking all the "chalk players". I always like to see the faces of those guys that pick the chalk when the 45-1 longshot comes from the back of the pack to steal one...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Voodoo will go for $2.25 in the 'cutta

07-25-2002, 07:15 PM
At $100 a pop I'm out of the bidding, but one of you better buy me damnit! because going unsold is just TOO embarrassing! Yeah, Daddy, I'm DEFINATELY going! No maybe's, no qualifiers, I'm THERE!

Kato
07-25-2002, 07:36 PM
If I buy you how long do I get to keep you for?

Kato~~~goes for .09 plus tax in the 'cutta

Barbara
07-25-2002, 07:49 PM
Okay, never been there, won't be there. My hubby isn't into pool watching in a crowd unless I'm playing and giving him grey hairs in his beard and in his cranium hairs out the wahzoo.

But I'd be interested in getting a CCB "Yeah, I'm One" keepsake!!!

Barbara~~~gotta be one of the lower food chain pool players.. but I don't gamble!!!

Harold Acosta
07-25-2002, 08:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Brady Behrman:</font><hr> Sorry about the annon. name..I am in FLA. We will make sure all players signed up are registered users at the players meeting..

Also, the $20 pay pal thing is if any of you want to contribut MORE $ to the added..I am adding a 100.00..

Thanks
Brady <hr></blockquote>

Brady and everyone on this board:

I will donate $20.00 for the tournament regardless if the full field is reached (32 players). That would be my contribution to the success of the CCB Tournament!

Harold

07-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Hooray for Harold!!! Thanks bud!

07-25-2002, 09:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> If I buy you how long do I get to keep you for?

Kato~~~goes for .09 plus tax in the 'cutta <hr></blockquote>

How long do you need? /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif /ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-25-2002, 09:21 PM
How long do you need to do what? Opps...Oh my, I'm blushing....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

07-25-2002, 09:22 PM
I'm sure Steve's lovely wife Gina is a wonderful cook Eric! Still, it will be nice to have the Lipsky's attending, don't you think?!

07-25-2002, 09:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Barbara:</font><hr> Okay, never been there, won't be there. My hubby isn't into pool watching in a crowd unless I'm playing and giving him grey hairs in his beard and in his cranium hairs out the wahzoo.

But I'd be interested in getting a CCB "Yeah, I'm One" keepsake!!! <hr></blockquote>

Gotcha covered Barb!

Voodoo Daddy
07-26-2002, 12:05 AM
Congrats on the gig Steve...look foward to meeting ya.

Kato
07-26-2002, 07:09 AM
Good question. The answer to which is not available for public consumption.

Kato

Eric.
07-26-2002, 07:56 AM
It's not a party if everyone ain't there!

Eric

07-26-2002, 08:00 AM
If you can drive down after Sept 11 as we did last year, I can handle any snow storm.. See ya there!

BillyR in NC

07-26-2002, 09:43 AM
OK, I promise not to consume it publicly! (Borrowed from Karla in IA)

Tom_In_Cincy
07-26-2002, 02:14 PM
Was that a two and out bid?

Tom_In_Cincy
07-26-2002, 02:16 PM
I will be able to set up my webcam at both the US Open and the CCB tournament.. just get add me to your Yahoo IM my user name is Cincytom314 e-mail cincytom314@yahoo.com

Maybe we can get some webcam movies for all to watch..

Tom_In_Cincy
07-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Thanks Harold.. wish you could be there.. maybe you could join us by using Yahoo IM .. add me to your buddies list as cincytom314 and hopfully I will have my webcam set up for the tournament

Harold Acosta
07-26-2002, 04:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Thanks Harold.. wish you could be there.. maybe you could join us by using Yahoo IM .. add me to your buddies list as cincytom314 and hopfully I will have my webcam set up for the tournament
<hr></blockquote>

I havent used instant messengers for quite a while, I have ICQ and MSN Messenger, never have used Yahoo. Which of the three would you consider the best?

Tom_In_Cincy
07-26-2002, 04:56 PM
I have an account on Yahoo and AOL IM both are for cincytom314

I like yahoo.. because I can use my web cam..

Barbara
07-26-2002, 06:21 PM
Tom,

I don't do Yahoo. When are the dates? Sorry to sound so ignorant about the event but tonight Pete tells me he's going to be in CA for training and I'm thinking that I can do a couple vacation days during the weekday's time. I'd fly down there, rent a car and would share a hotel room with a roomie (female preferred).

Barbara~~~Ooooo Ooooo Ooooo - can she really do this????

07-26-2002, 09:14 PM
I'll be playing in the US Open and the ccbers tournament, hopefully i'll get a good draw and play someone easy to beat like Lil Ty Laha's dad........

07-27-2002, 12:37 AM
I'm game, talk to Holly Ryan.

Harold Acosta
07-27-2002, 09:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Thanks Harold.. wish you could be there.. maybe you could join us by using Yahoo IM .. add me to your buddies list as cincytom314 and hopfully I will have my webcam set up for the tournament <hr></blockquote>

I'm downloading YIM right now. I'll send you a message after the download to test it.

DEADSTOKE32
07-28-2002, 09:25 PM
SORRY STEVEN BUT NO PIC'S OF I CAST NO SHADOWS..
GET IT ..:-)